Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

D11

Floodlights / Funding / Fund Raising

44 posts in this topic

To answer your question, will i be sponsoring next year ? 2011 I put £47k into the club, 2012 I was a gold member ontop of this we have sponsored other local ametur teams with boards for the past 12 years. 2013 is going to be difficult for any buisness due to the lack of goverment funding and contracts available so in a nut shell yes i will be sponsoring at the minimum a board but comopared to other years no.

Maybe you could respond with how you have financialy aided the club ?

Bravo, bravo. I didn't ask how much you had put in I asked if you were going to this year. You side stepped that bit.

You painted a pretty picture but a year on cracks are starting to show.

I'm not carrying this on anymore, but they do say "true colours eventually come through"

Well done to RF Millers for their contribution. Is Furness Park still going to be a sponsor of any kind then ?

I take it all the area's major employers/companys have been engaged for sponsorship or funding for the floodlight campaign ie

BAE

Kimberly Clark

Centrica

Glaxo

Asda

Tesco

Morrisons

Agrilek

Steeles

Tronic

Mcdonalds

KFC

Wicks

Hydro-Lok

Loads more and apologies to any I have missed just a 5 minute think on my part. Dont think there is much point in going to see Brian or Tony Keen (Scurrah's) as the soccer have their own problems !

What about Energy coast companies? I know they are in bed with Haven but who knows ?

Well done to RF Millers for their contribution. Is Furness Park still going to be a sponsor of any kind then ?

I take it all the area's major employers/companys have been engaged for sponsorship or funding for the floodlight campaign ie

BAE

Kimberly Clark

Centrica

Glaxo

Asda

Tesco

Morrisons

Agrilek

Steeles

Tronic

Mcdonalds

KFC

Wicks

Hydro-Lok

Loads more and apologies to any I have missed just a 5 minute think on my part. Dont think there is much point in going to see Brian or Tony Keen (Scurrah's) as the soccer have their own problems !

What about Energy coast companies? I know they are in bed with Haven but who knows ?

Lee,

Maybe you should be are commercial manager.

Lee,

Maybe you should be are commercial manager.

Would like to contibute some time as well as financially but unfortunately with working away I dont have the spare time !

Bravo, bravo. I didn't ask how much you had put in I asked if you were going to this year. You side stepped that bit.

You painted a pretty picture but a year on cracks are starting to show.

I'm not carrying this on anymore, but they do say "true colours eventually come through"

FB all you do is stir the preverbal...if it was not for Alan Stoker and Neil Martin we would not have a club. People stepped up to the plate in what seemed to be an impossible position for the club and pulled it together financially and put a promotion winning team on the park. You as a fan should be thankful to the people that gave their valuable time and resources allowing you to watch Barrow Raiders and participate (I use that term lightly) on his forum..

Fact is 2 directors threw toys out of the pram early on (as one could not get elected) both have now quit (for personal reasons blah blah blah) and are now having a gripe as the present board are not doing enough.

Michael - Add me to your list as well then, if it was just people on here that you wanted to post, there would be no more than 10 people, its bad and boring enough as it is now!

Fact is 2 directors threw toys out of the pram early on (as one could not get elected) both have now quit (for personal reasons blah blah blah) and are now having a gripe as the present board are not doing enough.

Michael - Add me to your list as well then, if it was just people on here that you wanted to post, there would be no more than 10 people, its bad and boring enough as it is now!

Fact is Rooster you dont know the half of what went on and if you did you would not be making such comments.

It's strange how two successful businessmen as you say throw their toys out the cot...I think I would be asking myself why before lambasting them rooster..

Des Johnston is a successful business man but look where that got us.

First thing i do agree with you FB ;)

Voted in and everyone thought what a splendid job yet behind closed doors !

if board members did leave so what sounds to me like they are still helping rebuild the club your bound to get a few fall outs along the way and what satisfaction do people get out of having ago at people on an open forum like this if thats peoples highlight of the rugby season even more so after what the club achieved after very nearly folding and having no club at all then they really do need to get a life embarrassing and childish.

If some directors are not pulling their weight I think it is correct that the fans should know about it,they have been voted on by share/st holders for a reason.

We have put our faith in them to do a job,if they are just on the board to walk around in a club jacket but do nothing they need a kick up the backside IMO?

Apologies to the directors we have currently who are working their socks off of course,but SOSs an D11 obviously think that something is amiss and they would know having previous board experience,I do not think that they would come on here to express their opinions without some worries of their own?

If some directors are not pulling their weight I think it is correct that the fans should know about it,they have been voted on by share/st holders for a reason.

We have put our faith in them to do a job,if they are just on the board to walk around in a club jacket but do nothing they need a kick up the backside IMO?

Apologies to the directors we have currently who are working their socks off of course,but SOSs an D11 obviously think that something is amiss and they would know having previous board experience,I do not think that they would come on here to express their opinions without some worries of their own?

i agree there must be some reason for previous board members to go on so much the board in power during 2010 and 2011 did not have a agm for what has become obvious reason to keep the fans in the dark last year the interim board including i think those members that seem to have concern called a agm and all fans and suporters were given the chance to ask questions it apeared that there was financial problems and a requirement for £100,000 there is no doubt the club has moved forward but what position is the club really in i think the next agm should be called to put the people of barrow back in the picture