Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hornetto

RLWC to switch on Xmas lights

7 posts in this topic

I was going to post that it was the first inanimate object to switch on a town's Christmas lights...

...but then I remembered that Eamonn Holmes performed that very same duty in Belfast.

The Rochdale WC orgainisation is doing an excellent job of promoting the tournament in the town. This is a great idea as many people having nothing to do with RL will attende the Christmas lights event and this will inform them of the RLWCF game scheduled for Rochdale.

From what I have read re such events and advertising boards for the WC and the fact that there is a Fijian diaspora in Rochdale, I am confident there will be a decent attendance for this fixture.

I know I will be there. I have my tickets already.

From everything ive seen and heard Im very impressed with how proactive Rochdale are being with the World Cup, it can only be a good thing and should hopefully be rewarded with a full house next year!

From everything ive seen and heard Im very impressed with how proactive Rochdale are being with the World Cup, it can only be a good thing and should hopefully be rewarded with a full house next year!

It'd be good to know what the other host towns and cities are doing, too.