Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

santa

Players / Coaches on the move

127 posts in this topic

I was accusing the league of wrong not the club. I have no problem with Hilton Park joining at division 2 (it's not fair on the other division 4 clubs to make them start there for one thing) but the league insisted on payment before they'd let them do it.

The league said they'd only let Hilton Park step in at division 2 level if they paid £500

Even though I think summer is a better time to play (without wishing to restart that debate done to death elsewhere) I do think the NWCL was better run than the NWML so it's a shame it couldn't stay with BARLA in the summer like happened in Cumbria

I do think the NWCL was better run than the NWML

No idea how you could have come up with that conclusion!

Turning a blind eye to forfeited games which was one of the downfalls of the RLC. Maybe a sensible approach to divisions 3 and 4 but not sensible at premier division level

Just a fact Nwc open age was an still is an excellent administered league run by dedicated volunteers .

Turning a blind eye to forfeited games which was one of the downfalls of the RLC. Maybe a sensible approach to divisions 3 and 4 but not sensible at premier division level

thats one issue so cannot justify the general statement! and yes, there were other issues but overall the running of the things was better last yera than experienced before.

anyway, not an NCL discussion so will leave it there.

Just a fact Nwc open age was an still is an excellent administered league run by dedicated volunteers .

The NWCL hasn't been well run this year. They've just randomly scheduled games with no thought to if anyone could complete their league fixtures.

David Lowe back as NCL administrator from Monday

Back to normallity then, good news IMO

David Lowe back as NCL administrator from Monday

I think they're scrapping the tier 4 role and instead looking to use local volunteers

The NWCL hasn't been well run this year. They've just randomly scheduled games with no thought to if anyone could complete their league fixtures.

What a load of tosh !!!!!!!

What a load of tosh !!!!!!!

So you're honestly saying Eccles and Dalton will end up playing as many games as say Rylands or Higginshaw?

So you're honestly saying Eccles and Dalton will end up playing as many games as say Rylands or Higginshaw?

Eccles joined the competition half way through the season - so it's fairly obvious that they won't play as many games as the others. Does that matter Bowes? A winter competition was provided, very competently, for the teams that started at the beginning of the winter season (September). Eccles have taken advantage of tagging onto the back end of that competition - with no desire to win the league, brownie points or anything else - but to fulfil a requirement at our particular club level.

How you can say anything detrimental about the running of the NWCL is beyond me - and it's even more bizarre that you're not even in that competition.

The thing is it unbalances the league massively unless it's going to be a merit league

Or had no direct involvement .

We can comment because we know the people who have ran it successully for years and been involved with ,and where did the Lancs Ncl clubs come from ? To try and discredit people who have had their countless number of years dedication and commitment to the amatuer game( and not on fat salaries i might add) ackknowledged by both the RFL and BARLA is unbeleivable .

Correct me if I am wrong but i,m sure RG actuall was on the NCL management team when it first kicked off .

Back to normallity then, good news IMO

Yes David runs a tight ship and is well organised but let's not forget that Carol Savage did an excellent job over the last twelve months.

Or had no direct involvement .

We can comment because we know the people who have ran it successully for years and been involved with ,and where did the Lancs Ncl clubs come from ? To try and discredit people who have had their countless number of years dedication and commitment to the amatuer game( and not on fat salaries i might add) ackknowledged by both the RFL and BARLA is unbeleivable .

Correct me if I am wrong but i,m sure RG actuall was on the NCL management team when it first kicked off .

So you've never criticised a decision at SL or Championship level?

Ron Girvin has a good record over the years but this year has been a shambles with a very haphazard approach to fixturing. Arguably he didn't have much to work with but I'm sure something better could have been managed.

So you've never criticised a decision at SL or Championship level?

Ron Girvin has a good record over the years but this year has been a shambles with a very haphazard approach to fixturing. Arguably he didn't have much to work with but I'm sure something better could have been managed.

Methinks that you have said enough on this subject Bowes. It must be quite apparent to you that the people over in Lancashire who have ever been involved in the NWCL won't hear a bad word against Ron.

I still think having a balanced fixture list is just about the most important part of running a league so think it's unforgivable unless they have a plan that hasn't been announced. If he lives up to his past record though hopefully he will learn from his mistakes and run a better structure next year.

I still think having a balanced fixture list is just about the most important part of running a league so think it's unforgivable unless they have a plan that hasn't been announced. If he lives up to his past record though hopefully he will learn from his mistakes and run a better structure next year.

I'm biting here - but believe me, no-one is interested in what you think. When you have the experience - and knowledge - of a lot of us on this forum, then you can try and tell us all what you think. But at the moment, you're just going too far.

I'm biting here - but believe me, no-one is interested in what you think. When you have the experience - and knowledge - of a lot of us on this forum, then you can try and tell us all what you think. But at the moment, you're just going too far.

You don't care what I think but believe me plenty of people do. I've been involved longer than you may think at some level or other albeit not in the NCL.

I won't carry this issue of NWCL fixturing on any further as we're just repeating ourselves and it's boring for everyone involved.

You don't care what I think but believe me plenty of people do. I've been involved longer than you may think at some level or other albeit not in the NCL.

I won't carry this issue of NWCL fixturing on any further as we're just repeating ourselves and it's boring for everyone involved.

You kid yourself my friend. You haven't been involved as long as I have, believe me. And yes, your right - you've not been involved in the NCL. How I hope all the clubs voting your club in wasn't a big mistake. We'll soon find out.