Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Railway End

talkSPORT

29 posts in this topic

Two or three years ago one of their early morning presenters said something along the lines that Rugby League was way behind tiddlywinks in terms of sporting importance and relevance.

Thought Adrian Durham (I think) used to regularly big-up RL though - especially the Grand Final.

I wouldn't want RL to be exclusive to that station under any circumstances and I find it quite amusing that they really seem to be going for the RU stuff more and more these days when I'd imagine a lot of RU fans would be horrified that their sport is increasingly being covered by a radio station that predominately covers the sport that many of them detest - association football (wendyball, poofball or whatever other term they like to use).

Likewise I find much amusement in the thought of the BBC losing more of it's precious Rugby Union even though like a previous poster has stated - it won't stop them sending out teams of reporters to Australia to cover the event.

For those with an Iphone you can get digital radio through an app called Tunein Radio which has most digital stations and loads from around the world. I have an radio transmitter thingy for the car and use that and the iphone to listen to 6 music. That could be replicated for 5 live extra etc.

For those with an Iphone you can get digital radio through an app called Tunein Radio which has most digital stations and loads from around the world. I have an radio transmitter thingy for the car and use that and the iphone to listen to 6 music. That could be replicated for 5 live extra etc.

and works out at over 40Mbps per hour download, can get pricey depending on your tariff

and works out at over 40Mbps per hour download, can get pricey depending on your tariff

40 Mbps is a speed. I think 40Mbps per hour is a measure of acceleration!