Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chairman LMAO

Best have a look at the website ...

56 posts in this topic

To lay out the money for insurance, medical bills etc, Huddersfield must be getting more in return than just a run out for their fringe players Doc?

Or anm i missing something?

I don't think you are BTJ.

Fartown, like all the other SL clubs, have had to scrap their U20 academy. The choice they then had was to release all of these players who weren't SL registered or to find another way of them getting the chance of game time in the hope that, as individuals, they would develop into SL standard players. I think it's known as playing both ends against the middle.

The major point with this link up is the mega step forward in medical provision for the Batley players. No longer will they have to be reliant upon the whim of the NHS for treatment to injuries, which in some cases prevents them from carrying out their day job and earning a living. (FredM.)

Lets say that this medical arrangement had been in place last year----then Chris Buttery, Danny Maun plus others would have had their op's within 1 or 2 weeks and been available fully fit for most of the season. As it is Danny Maun is only just about to have his, courtesy of the NHS.For me this is a good arrangement for the players' welfare, and must be worth a bob or two.

Regards the players from the Giants, only time will tell. In JK we trust??.

Playing Devils advocate here, but if the injured players are to have scans and are treated during the season, why do most SL players postpone there operations until the end of the season?

Last season for example the injury sustained by Danny Maun was left to the end of the season, wouldn`t it just be left to the end of season even with the new arrangement?

This said I think it`s a massive plus from a players point of view as any injury sustained should have a minimum impact on their working life. As said above the arrangement could also be useful in enticing players to the Mount.

What a farce! Whats the point of having a salary cap if upto 5 players dont count? And the deal for most clubs is not too bad now, but this is just the beginning of SL clubs controlling the championship clubs and championship clubs slowly turning in to Feeder clubs. Batley like others may feel they are independant, but they will slowly be losing this as time goes by. SL clubs are doing this to help themselves rather than anything else. SL clubs are struggling financially and looking to make savings. The championship has lost its charactor and soul with the RFL and SL clubs happy to see.

The major point with this link up is the mega step forward in medical provision for the Batley players. No longer will they have to be reliant upon the whim of the NHS for treatment to injuries, which in some cases prevents them from carrying out their day job and earning a living. (FredM.)

Lets say that this medical arrangement had been in place last year----then Chris Buttery, Danny Maun plus others would have had their op's within 1 or 2 weeks and been available fully fit for most of the season. As it is Danny Maun is only just about to have his, courtesy of the NHS.For me this is a good arrangement for the players' welfare, and must be worth a bob or two.

Regards the players from the Giants, only time will tell. In JK we trust??.

Surely all professional players, even at Championship and Championship 1 level, already have their own private medical cover which pays medical expenses if and when they need it, they did at Dewsbury and the club contributed to the cost. It would just be foolish not to have it considering the risks involved in playing the game.

Only winners out of these link ups are the S/L teams save money and use the championship team to get there players fit wait untill they start taking the fans or giving them offers to go watch them at a discount rate Hope it doesn't go wrong for Batley as they looked to be getting stronger over the last few seasons and seemed to be a well run club

I too have my concerns about the whole link up affair.

At the end of the day, although it's a little dramatic, IMO it's a bit like the nuclear deterrent... you might not want to use it, but you may find yourself with no choice. e.g. If every other team is picking 4 or 5 SL calibre players each week, how are we or any of the other teams going to compete with them? I think even Fev and Fax with there playing budgets may struggle too if all of the teams around them are using the system to the max' every week.

My biggest concern is, it could make the whole league system a joke, League positions could well be decided on which SL players your rivals have playing when you play them. One week we could have the 5 of the Giant's pack playing for us, the week after, we might have none of them. In my eyes that is not right or fair and undermines the whole Championship competition.

Totally agree. I will see how this season goes before making any big decisions but I feel the excitement for next year has faded because of all this supeleague link up business. I hope things will be better than I am expecting otherwise i might as well just go back to getting a season ticket for the rhynos with my mates.

i think everyone has blown this out of the window it's duel reg batley ain't a feeder club, it's like we can loan say murphy, Ferguson and fairbank if they work their way into our 17 for that weekends game but we can also have walmsley and fleming at the same and say maybe james green it doesn't have to be from one club. i trust john kear because he has batley instrests firsts

i think everyone has blown this out of the window it's duel reg batley ain't a feeder club, it's like we can loan say murphy, Ferguson and fairbank if they work their way into our 17 for that weekends game but we can also have walmsley and fleming at the same and say maybe james green it doesn't have to be from one club. i trust john kear because he has batley instrests firsts

Just the same, in fact, as all the other clubs who were being labelled "feeder clubs" by Batley fans before this deal was announced.

Reading web site ,JK will not pick giant players , unless they train with us and prove there worth a shirt ahead of our players , but there available if we need them , cant see anyone telling John who to pick in his side tho

think JK would be absolutely correct in this

Problem is no one wants to go down into the league of death so every club will be using their S/L allocations to the limit to give them the best oppartunity to stay in the championship if it makes the league more competative and not a four club manopoly then so be it.

This is just the start. Its started out as a couple of DR, then a couple of years its now advanced to this. The subtle changes will keep coming and in 10 years time or so we will see feeder clubs but under a different name. Thats how I view it and I dont see John Kear at Batley then to say whats going to happen. And please tell me how exactly Rochdale are not under any influence from St.Helens? Its like Rochdale is a St.Helens feeder club in everything right down to the coach coming from St.Helens! I can see more or more clubs ending up like Rochdale. If people want to believe we are not heading down this route over time fair enough. But history for me shows that SL clubs have no interest in the game only themselves. And they are quite willing to weaken Championship clubs and potentially damage them if it means the SL clubs can run smaller squads and save money overall.

Which clubs are formally being called feeder clubs Bi11?

I haven't suggested that any club is formally a feeder club BSJ. However, as you know, Mr Duffy was reported as calling Dewsbury Rams a feeder club for the Bulls. It doesn't make them a feeder club' but it does help to create that impression. By comparison Mr Thewlis has been more careful and respectful with his language.

In the short term these deals may be very good for the Rams and the Bulldogs; but even if isn't the thin edge of the wedge with feeder status on its way down the line, just the idea in some minds that the Championship clubs are in some sense junior to the SL clubs is likely to effect crowd numbers in the long term.

You suggested on another thread that we should ignore ifs and buts and see how things pan out. Surely its' better to discuss any reservations. I see no harm in airing concerns even if they prove to be totally unfounded.

...And please tell me how exactly Rochdale are not under any influence from St.Helens? Its like Rochdale is a St.Helens feeder club in everything right down to the coach coming from St.Helens!

Their Head Coach is a former employee of St Helens, not a current one.

It's fine to be concerned, but don't be panicking about stuff you might have misunderstood.

I haven't suggested that any club is formally a feeder club BSJ. However, as you know, Mr Duffy was reported as calling Dewsbury Rams a feeder club for the Bulls. It doesn't make them a feeder club' but it does help to create that impression. By comparison Mr Thewlis has been more careful and respectful with his language.

In the short term these deals may be very good for the Rams and the Bulldogs; but even if isn't the thin edge of the wedge with feeder status on its way down the line, just the idea in some minds that the Championship clubs are in some sense junior to the SL clubs is likely to effect crowd numbers in the long term.

You suggested on another thread that we should ignore ifs and buts and see how things pan out. Surely its' better to discuss any reservations. I see no harm in airing concerns even if they prove to be totally unfounded.

Indeed Bi11, and these developments concern me as much as anyone else. It's what I might call extrapolative speculation (phew!) that I think should be avoided - i.e. along the lines of if this happens then that, and that, and then this must happen, then we are all going to hell in a handcart etc. I like to deal with as near to facts as can be ascertained where possible.

I queried the use of "feeder" a little mischievously as there are still some posting on here who are trying to persuade themselves that Batley's arrangements with Fartown are different from all the other arrangements currently being made. The fine detail might differ but the thrust is exactly the same.

not exactly a whirl wind if the medical expenses is the best part of the deal.I hope not one of your players need this.

not exactly a whirl wind if the medical expenses is the best part of the deal.I hope not one of your players need this.

Their Head Coach is a former employee of St Helens, not a current one.

It's fine to be concerned, but don't be panicking about stuff you might have misunderstood.

You can try and pretend things dont exist but the truth says otherwise! I think its you that has misunderstood as the St.Helens website clearly states that U20s Ian Talbot amongst other Saints coaches will be going to Rochdale http://www.saintsrlfc.com/news/page/2378 It even states in the Press release "As part of the move, Ian Talbot, our Under 20s coach, will be taking up the Head Coaching position at Rochdale....Ian, Glynn Walsh and Steve Prescott from Saints and Dave Ramsbottom from Rochdale will be retained to give the Hornets a strong coaching set up". You can live in a dream world but the championship is being made slowly into a feeder league. Small changes here and there have moved on to certain SL clubs taking over small championship clubs. There is every reason for genuine championship fans to be concerned as there are many things here at stake including the future of the championship not being a lottery and also it not becoming just a feeder league. Its clear you are pro. But many of us can see through the ######

So to summarise the club gets medical insurance for players that will prob cost the Giants around £25k plus and access to full time medical staff. This in itself is fantastic as player welfare should be too of the list. We also get chance to have players from hudds in a similar manner to recent seasons - wasn't Alex Brown on dual reg when he scored the winning try in NRC cup (no complaints then) and we had to pay for him then, now we get players for free.

I cannot see the problem. I think with some people the club can't do right for doing wrong. We would have been damned if we were the only ones not taking advantage

The thing is though, it is not like the old dual reg system, where clubs were taking young lads and giving them chance to develop and make a name for themselves. I may be wrong, but I haven't seen an age limit this time around, as we had with the dual reg system. The Giants have 30 players signed up for next season,

1. Scott Grix

2. Luke George

3. Joe Wardle

4. Leroy Cudjoe

5. Jermaine McGilvary

6. Danny Brough

7. Luke Robinson

8. Eorl Crabtree

9. Shaun Lunt

10. Craig Kopczak

11. Luke O'Donnel

12. Ukuma Ta'ai

13. Brett Ferres

14. David Faiumu

15. Keith Mason

16. Larne Patrick

17. Stuart Fielden

18. Jason Chan

19. Greg Eden

20. Michael Lawrence

21. Aaron Murphy

22. Dale Ferguson

23. Jacob Fairbank

24.Anthony Mullany

25. Matty Dawson

26. Jonny Molloy

27. Jamie Cording

28. Matthew Sarsfield

29. Josh Johnson

30. Ben Blackmore

Take out the 18 man matchday squad, will mean 12 players every week won't be getting a game.

Whichever way you cut it, most, if not all of these lads will be better than what we have signed on, otherwise why are they in SL and not the championship? So, in order to put the best 17 lads available on the park each week (which is in Batley's best interests) , JK will be selecting up to 5 of these guys to play for us, depending on the availability of Walmsley and Flemming each week.

In theory, we could have a must win match towards the end of the season, say against Halifax like last season for a home tie in the play-offs and Huddersfield have a nothing match against London or Widnes, what is to stop Huddersfield making Fielden, Patrick, Crabtree and Mason available to us? This is hardly fair on Halifax is it.

Likewise, we might be playing Hunslet at the end of the season in a game they must win to avoid relegation, in the same week, Leeds have a dead rubber game, there position in the league is secured, what is to stop Sinfield, Burrow, Watkins and Hall turning out for Hunslet against us, hardly fair on us is it?

I can already hear the cries of it will never happen, well what is to stop it? It is not inconceivable that this scenario will play out, especially when relegation to the bottom league is in the offing. SL clubs will want there players developing against the best possible standard of opposition, which means they want there guys in the Championship learning there trade. I can't see them developing much, playing teams like the Scholars, Gateshead or Scorpions week in week out.

Whilst I do not agree with these link-ups, if we do not follow suit, I don't really see how we could hope compete against other clubs who are making use of it.

These "partnerships". Do they have a duration? Will it be taken a season at a time or is that it now? We're linked up indefinitely or permanently? I think the club needs to make every detail of the partnership available for the fans.

Although I trust in JK what about after he's gone?

I can't help but think that getting new fans for championship clubs is going to be harder now. The championship is becoming more like a feeder league no-matter how you look at it. Ive even tried Gav Wilsons Rose tints and mis-information it doesn't help. Would love to be proved wrong.

The thing is though, it is not like the old dual reg system, where clubs were taking young lads and giving them chance to develop and make a name for themselves. I may be wrong, but I haven't seen an age limit this time around, as we had with the dual reg system. The Giants have 30 players signed up for next season,

1. Scott Grix

2. Luke George

3. Joe Wardle

4. Leroy Cudjoe

5. Jermaine McGilvary

6. Danny Brough

7. Luke Robinson

8. Eorl Crabtree

9. Shaun Lunt

10. Craig Kopczak

11. Luke O'Donnel

12. Ukuma Ta'ai

13. Brett Ferres

14. David Faiumu

15. Keith Mason

16. Larne Patrick

17. Stuart Fielden

18. Jason Chan

19. Greg Eden

20. Michael Lawrence

21. Aaron Murphy

22. Dale Ferguson

23. Jacob Fairbank

24.Anthony Mullany

25. Matty Dawson

26. Jonny Molloy

27. Jamie Cording

28. Matthew Sarsfield

29. Josh Johnson

30. Ben Blackmore

Take out the 18 man matchday squad, will mean 12 players every week won't be getting a game.

Whichever way you cut it, most, if not all of these lads will be better than what we have signed on, otherwise why are they in SL and not the championship? So, in order to put the best 17 lads available on the park each week (which is in Batley's best interests) , JK will be selecting up to 5 of these guys to play for us, depending on the availability of Walmsley and Flemming each week.

In theory, we could have a must win match towards the end of the season, say against Halifax like last season for a home tie in the play-offs and Huddersfield have a nothing match against London or Widnes, what is to stop Huddersfield making Fielden, Patrick, Crabtree and Mason available to us? This is hardly fair on Halifax is it.

Likewise, we might be playing Hunslet at the end of the season in a game they must win to avoid relegation, in the same week, Leeds have a dead rubber game, there position in the league is secured, what is to stop Sinfield, Burrow, Watkins and Hall turning out for Hunslet against us, hardly fair on us is it?

I can already hear the cries of it will never happen, well what is to stop it? It is not inconceivable that this scenario will play out, especially when relegation to the bottom league is in the offing. SL clubs will want there players developing against the best possible standard of opposition, which means they want there guys in the Championship learning there trade. I can't see them developing much, playing teams like the Scholars, Gateshead or Scorpions week in week out.

Whilst I do not agree with these link-ups, if we do not follow suit, I don't really see how we could hope compete against other clubs who are making use of it.

As I understand it there are strict limitations on which players can be loaned to the CC club, these being defined by the number of previous SL appearances and inclusion in the SL registered squad. maybe someone with better access to the "rules" relating to these arrangements can elaborate.

Anyway the scenario that you present can't currently happen (see what i mean by extrapolation?) but, of course, that's not to say it never will.

The partnerships are established on a season by season basis and can be discontinued by either party. It will be very interesting/worrying to see how these develop over the coming season.