Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chairman LMAO

Best have a look at the website ...

56 posts in this topic

As I understand it there are strict limitations on which players can be loaned to the CC club, these being defined by the number of previous SL appearances and inclusion in the SL registered squad. maybe someone with better access to the "rules" relating to these arrangements can elaborate.

Anyway the scenario that you present can't currently happen (see what i mean by extrapolation?) but, of course, that's not to say it never will.

The partnerships are established on a season by season basis and can be discontinued by either party. It will be very interesting/worrying to see how these develop over the coming season.

It looks like the value of these players will become part of salary cap expenditure, which would limit their use.

And - of course - their usefulness to the $uperleague side.

So what are we gaining here, BJ Mather ? :dry:

These "partnerships". Do they have a duration? Will it be taken a season at a time or is that it now? We're linked up indefinitely or permanently? I think the club needs to make every detail of the partnership available for the fans.

Although I trust in JK what about after he's gone?

I can't help but think that getting new fans for championship clubs is going to be harder now. The championship is becoming more like a feeder league no-matter how you look at it. Ive even tried Gav Wilsons Rose tints and mis-information it doesn't help. Would love to be proved wrong.

What misinformation have I provided, exactly?

Ian Talbot no longer works for Saints, the U20s team he coached no longer exists.

I'm not fully pro partnership at all, I have my concerns too. I also have a sense of perspective which most folk seem to lack around these parts...

Oh, and York & Hull's partnership is for 3 seasons (unless either party want to call it off earlier). I'm not sure if anyone else has disclosed any timescales but I'd be surprised if anyone else went for longer.

It looks like the value of these players will become part of salary cap expenditure, which would limit their use.

And - of course - their usefulness to the $uperleague side.

So what are we gaining here, BJ Mather ? :dry:

"We're" not really gaining anything, that's the point. The clear beneficiaries will be the SL clubs but as long as they say it will also benefit CC clubs then we will all go along with it, for our own good.

"We're" not really gaining anything, that's the point. The clear beneficiaries will be the SL clubs but as long as they say it will also benefit CC clubs then we will all go along with it, for our own good.

Let's not forget that BJ Mather doesn't work for a club. He works for the RFL and should have the whole of the game in mind.

What do we gain by reducing the player pool ..... to the game as a whole ?

As I understand it there are strict limitations on which players can be loaned to the CC club, these being defined by the number of previous SL appearances and inclusion in the SL registered squad. maybe someone with better access to the "rules" relating to these arrangements can elaborate.

Anyway the scenario that you present can't currently happen (see what i mean by extrapolation?) but, of course, that's not to say it never will.

Thanks for the info BSJ, have the all the rules governing the link ups been published anywhere? Griff, you seem quite well informed too, can you tell me where you got your info from? I do try to keep abreast of things regarding the game and I have looked, but I must be missing them. There are an awful lot of rumours flying about regarding the effects of the link-ups on the salary cap, how many players teams are allowed to field etc. but nobody seems to have all the facts or information.

I would have thought something as revolutionary as this, especially a change so "supposedly" good for the game, would be emblazoned all over the RFL website and in the press. The governing body is very quick to tell us all how great the Magic weekend is, and what a marvellous job they have done in expanding the game in London. However on this subject, factual information is very conspicuous by its absence, no press release, nothing even on there own website, it all seems a little strange to me.

There are press releases from individual clubs, but they are hardly going to highlight the fact that they have become a feeder club for SL, (even if they had) as fans would be walking away in there droves. My scepticism about the link-ups stems from the lack of information regarding the whole subject, and partly due to the amount of talk over recent times from certain SL corners, about turning the CH in to a feeder league, these link-ups all appear to pointing in that direction, however I do stress only appear to be pointing in that direction and I could be way off the mark.

Gav, you seem very quick to point out that supporters are being silly and irrational for having concerns. You appear to be happy telling everyone how positive and good for the game these link ups are. Maybe they are, certainly for the likes of York and Hunslet, (no disrespect intended) I can see the benefits, we would have welcomed it a couple of seasons back before Harrison joined as coach, when we could not envisage competing with the top teams in the division. The influx of a few dual reg lads will make these teams more competitive than they otherwise would be.

However, as far as I can see your just spouting 'positive' conjecture on the subject. You may be just as wide of the mark as some of the sceptical points of view I have on the subject. I haven't seen any hard evidence from you to back this up. Yet you spout like your information is gospel, maybe you can point me in the direction of the rules and regs governing these partnerships? Maybe, if us sceptics understood all the facts that you obviously have at your disposal, we might not be as wary as we are.

Thanks for the info BSJ, have the all the rules governing the link ups been published anywhere? Griff, you seem quite well informed too, can you tell me where you got your info from? I do try to keep abreast of things regarding the game and I have looked, but I must be missing them.

Most of what I post is publicly available. I try to read all the RFL statements though, and not just the condensed version you get in the press, and make up my own mind rather than be told what a Good Thing it will be.

For instance, Gav Wilson tells us that Dual Registration is a Good Thing for the game. I simply wonder how scrapping $uperleague's Reserve Grade in favour of a system where up to five players may be seconded to another club and - at the whim of the coach of that club - may or may not play is in any shape or form Progression.