Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Old Frightful

Adam Pearson tells it as it is, some remarkable stuff!

35 posts in this topic

From a Hull FC forum held at the KC last night...

Hull FC pay the KC Stadium Management Company £500k a year in rent for use of the KC.

Bradford Bulls pay the RFL £90K a year in rent for the use of Odsal.

When the next round of SL franchising comes around, 12 teams and reinstatement of promotion and relegation is looking likely. (One for you Lobby)

Hull FC were never in for Danny Brough of Huddersfield, but an unnamed RU team offered the Giants £500k :blink: for him during last season.

The man certainly seems to be keeping to his word, after the Kath Hetherington era, he said he would always be accessible and keep the fans informed of what's going on.

I wonder if some other folk involved in SL would rather he didn't.

I'm liking how open he is (gives us all something to talk about!). But it may be his downfall if he's not careful.

I'm liking how open he is (gives us all something to talk about!). But it may be his downfall if he's not careful.

Agree exactly with what you said. Love reading what he's saying as he seems very honest, but one quote too far could land him in hot water!

So... Hull FC are paying too much for rent?

Saw on twitter last night Jamie Foster mentioning he was signing for a Yorkshire club today.. obvious link would be Hull FC.. any mention of that at the forum?

So... Hull FC are paying too much for rent?

No - Bradford are paying too little :P

I know there's a big difference between the two stadia but 90k does sound like a small amount of money to rent Odsal. 13 SL games, throw in friendlies and cup / play-off matches, and you're looking at about 6 grand per game. That doesn't sound like a commercial rent to me.

Please don't bring P&R back, we don't need Yoyo teams packed full of ###### Aussies in SL, we need consistency!

Couple of things.

The 500k and 90k may be for completely different things. Does the 500k include all staff, what about a percentage of the matchday takings? We have no idea whether we are comparing like for like.

He really shouldn't be talking about other club's players and business IMHO.

As has been said, interesting to listen to, but not professional and could come back to bite him on the backside!

How does he know how much a RU team offered Hudds?

Huddersfield contacted Hull to see if they were interested apparently. Seems clubs believe message board rumours as well.

Agree wirh what's been said, Pearson is perhaps too forthcoming wirh info.

When the next round of SL franchising comes around, 12 teams and reinstatement of promotion and relegation is looking likely. (One for you Lobby)

So, we're going to have another round of franchising (??? licensing, surely) - albeit only 12 clubs get a licence - but promotion and relegation are re-introduced. How is that going to work? You get a licence for three years surely you can't be relegated. Or does every club that meets the criteria get a licence, and if one of those happens to win the Championship they go up to the Super League?

Couple of things.

The 500k and 90k may be for completely different things. Does the 500k include all staff, what about a percentage of the matchday takings? We have no idea whether we are comparing like for like.

He really shouldn't be talking about other club's players and business IMHO.

As has been said, interesting to listen to, but not professional and could come back to bite him on the backside!

I certainly don't know any of the details but you may be correct about there being differences in the provisions under the two contracts.

From bull's perspective though and to be fair to Hull FC, if you do business deals with a governing body made up from officials of other clubs, then I guess you must expect that element of your business to be common knowledge. It might have been better left unsaid of course..

Please don't bring P&R back, we don't need Yoyo teams packed full of ###### Aussies in SL, we need consistency!

Love the irony mate!

You'd think that other clubs may become more guarded with Hull now though, given that AP is so open about his (or other peoples) goings on. Would definitely make me more wary about discussing anything with them If I owned a club.

So, we're going to have another round of franchising (??? licensing, surely) - albeit only 12 clubs get a licence - but promotion and relegation are re-introduced. How is that going to work?

They never say, and nobody asks them.........

But it sounds like it'd be interesting....

Hull FC pay the KC Stadium Management Company £500k a year in rent for use of the KC.

Hull FC were never in for Danny Brough of Huddersfield, but an unnamed RU team offered the Giants £500k :blink: for him during last season.

The man certainly seems to be keeping to his word, after the Kath Hetherington era, he said he would always be accessible and keep the fans informed of what's going on.

Apparently he was one of the few at Leeds united from the Ridsdale era that came out of it with his good name

My take on it would be KH sells Hullf FC to AP/AP says OK i will buy it but as security i want the lease with the stadium management company with me (personal or company owned by me)Deal done then Hull City owner goes mental and threatens to sue AP/AP has to to deal with Hull City owner in climb down/As i say just a gut feeling:))))CM

That makes absolutely no sense at all.

I know however i reckon if the HULL daily mail did a little digging they would be quite surprised what they would find.Just a gut feeling:)CM

You're obsessed with digging.

You really were present down Cromwell Street all those years ago weren't you?

I know however i reckon if the HULL daily mail did a little digging they would be quite surprised what they would find.Just a gut feeling:)CM

I have no interest in this fairy tale.