Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MrPosh

Warning: Potential Bradford Good News Story

223 posts in this topic

Sorry Keighley...

Bradford have called a press conference for 2pm today to announce a new sponsor. Not sure who it is, or how much it is for, but there seems to be a palpable sense of excitement.

Seems it is a large organisation and for a substantial amount of money, but we'll have to wait and see.

Sorry Keighley...

Bradford have called a press conference for 2pm today to announce a new sponsor. Not sure who it is, or how much it is for, but there seems to be a palpable sense of excitement.

Seems it is a large organisation and for a substantial amount of money, but we'll have to wait and see.

It's not Comet is it? :ph34r:

Rumoured/heavily linked to be Provident Financial, the loan giant. It was mentioned in today's T&A...

Bradford Bulls’ new owners are expected to unveil the club’s main sponsor for next season later today.

It is believed new owners Omar Khan and honorary chairman Gerry Sutcliffe will announce a big-money deal with money-lending firm Provident Financial Group during a press conference at Odsal Stadium scheduled for 2pm.

Recently expanded; http://www.thetelegraphandargus.co.uk/news/10028069.250_new_jobs_as_loans_giant_Provident_Financial_expands/

And last month subject to a Panorama programme;

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-19748048

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b01n7m0q/Panorama_Undercover_Debt_on_the_Doorstep/

And last month subject to a Panorama programme;

http://www.bbc.co.uk...siness-19748048

http://www.bbc.co.uk...n_the_Doorstep/

Doorstep lender criticised over loans to vulnerable

Britain's biggest doorstep lender has been criticised after a BBC investigation found it had loaned thousands of pounds to a rugby club with a serious fiscal illness.

The club, which has recently been in administration, was given multiple loans.

The Citizens Advice Bureau accused the firm, Provident Financial, of lacking social responsibility.

Provident said in a statement it makes every effort to ensure borrowers are capable of making informed decisions.

During the undercover investigation by the BBC's Panorama programme, an agent acknowledged that the club was "not all there", yet the company had been selling them loans for a number of years.

Sorry Keighley...

No need to apologise to me. I,m glad they got the sponsorship.

Any irony in a club that went under owing millions announcing loan shark as sponsor? Morally bereft.

Any irony in a club that went under owing millions announcing loan shark as sponsor? Morally bereft.

What's your alternative? Refuse but keep morality whiter than white and go bust in a year?

It's always unpleasant to see sports teams sponsored by these companies.

At least they're not as well known as wonga.

Super League did the right thing turning down bookies' money.

Bradford should have done the same here.

Super League did the right thing turning down bookies' money.

Bradford should have done the same here.

Yeah, whatever.

What are they doing? Slave trade? Drugs? Sex trafficking?

You'd almost think so.

No inference on the Bulls deal. but do you think SL would turn down the bookies again this year after being burned by Stobart?

No inference on the Bulls deal. but do you think SL would turn down the bookies again this year after being burned by Stobart?

I would hope so.

Yeah, whatever.

What are they doing? Slave trade? Drugs? Sex trafficking?

You'd almost think so.

Doorstep lenders offering loans with an APR of over 500%.

No, they're lovely people. Knock yourselves out.

Nice shirt. Shame about the leaches on the front of it.

I would hope so.

Me too actually, I'm genuinely not sure they would though (although hopefully there will be a few more brands at the table this time around)

Doorstep lenders offering loans with an APR of over 500%.

No, they're lovely people. Knock yourselves out.

Nice shirt. Shame about the leaches on the front of it.

Loans are not as yet compulsory I believe? Any business or person with cash in the bank is helping that bank invest in things far worse than some idiot borrowing money they don't have.

The game needs all the money it can get. Within reason we can't afford to be sqeamish. For years and years we embraced Tobacco Companies who are actually responsible for killing millions of people so it's not like we have an exactly spotless record.The game has to cut the suit to match the cloth.

I'm not very comfortable with this as a whole, but no less so that I am with any betting/alcohol etc. sponsorship.

From a club point of view, this is a fantastic deal and should secure the future of the club. I would have rather it was with somebody else, but what are you going to do?

I'm not very comfortable with this as a whole, but no less so that I am with any betting/alcohol etc. sponsorship.

From a club point of view, this is a fantastic deal and should secure the future of the club. I would have rather it was with somebody else, but what are you going to do?

Pre-cisely. If I could, I'd prefer something else.

But beggars can't be choosers - and that's the truth.

Also, you wouldn't catch me borrowing money from them, its a total rip off, but they are not loan sharks.

They have also just announced they are taking on 250 jobs in Bradford too, maybe they shouldn't for that either.

I'm glad they got the sponsorship.

I thought you didn't like Bradford?

This wasn't the big sponsorship Keighley were supposed to get if they had been given a place in SL?

I thought you didn't like Bradford?

This wasn't the big sponsorship Keighley were supposed to get if they had been given a place in SL?

I never said I didn't like Bradford. I criticised their last administration and the unfair deal they got following their bankuptcy. They should be in the Championships. The new regime are a clean slate and , my views on their SL status, notwithstanding, I am happy they have this sponsorship and more money is coming into the game.

I don't think any current sponsors have any relationship with events from 20 years ago but you never know.