Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TheDuke

Grand Final

60 posts in this topic

After a good win for Myton at Sidall, who do people think are going to win the Grand Final next sunday

Myton have done very very well in there first season in the premier, emulating Thatto of last season, they have good strong forwards and pacey backs, they are a weel coached outfit with massive potential

For me Wath have gone a little bit under the radar and coming strong at the end of the season, Lots of youngsters being brought through, and guided by Leroy Joe for periods of the season

Very close one for me, but i think Myton having the momentum will just pip them to the title,

Myton by 4

Both league games ended as a draw so I think that the final will go to Golden Point. Wath Brow to win

To close to call both have very good fotwards I think Brow edge the backs by a whisker should be a good final good luck to both teams

Brow by 4 for me,

same as mog8 forwards are even, but think brow have the better backs. All the best to both teams.

What time is the kick off Sunday? As a Lancastrian I am neytral but I hope Wath Brow win because they are the Champions and it makes a mockery of the competition if the champions are not crowned champions.

What time is the kick off Sunday? As a Lancastrian I am neytral but I hope Wath Brow win because they are the Champions and it makes a mockery of the competition if the champions are not crowned champions.

Like thatto last year. By far best team on the day though rooster. Finishing top doesn't always mean you will win in the final. it's on the day as the old saying goes. Just like in super league with Leeds getting the wooden spoon, then going on to take the big prize. Don't think it makes a mockery of the comp though.

With the league as tight as it was this year it seems a good way to decide who the true champions are to me

Myton by 8

I would have thought that you would all be travelling to widnes not listening on a radio.

Myton by 2. Don't forget Rooster that because of the prior commitments of players some clubs had to field weakened teams and some clubs had the benefit of playing against a weakened team so a playoff system is the right way to decide the Champions.

Myton by 2. Don't forget Rooster that because of the prior commitments of players some clubs had to field weakened teams and some clubs had the benefit of playing against a weakened team so a playoff system is the right way to decide the Champions.

That could be the same tomorrow

That could be the same tomorrow

Not to the same extent it was during the summer though surely?

The team that finishes top of the league is the champion team, excuses are irrelevant they have proved to be the best team over the season.

The team that finishes top of the league is the champion team, excuses are irrelevant they have proved to be the best team over the season.

Not these days, ask Leeds Rhinos.

Why would I want to ask Leeds Rhinos, they aren't in the NCL? If I were in any way interested I would go to the real champions Wigan to meet the best team.

here here!!!

Do you not think DP that the effects of those prior commitments are more likely to balance themselves out over a 26 game season than over a handful of games after the regular season is finished?

Do you not think DP that the effects of those prior commitments are more likely to balance themselves out over a 26 game season than over a handful of games after the regular season is finished?

Possibly but that would depend on the structure of the fixture list.

You play to what the rules are at the beginning of the season - in the NCL the champions are decided by the playoff system. You can argue whether that is right or wrong but it is the situation that all teams know and face at the beginning of the year. If you look at the table there are 2 points separating the top four sides, any one of those sides could point to a single decision from an official that cost them the vital 2 points to finish top. If you finish top you are rewarded with the best chance of reaching the Grand Final - Potentially 2 home games (if required) to get there. Each system has its merits and personally I think that with how tight and competitive the NCL is a play-off system is a great way to decide it.

Anyway - good luck to both sides today either one will make worthy champions. I'd like to see Brow win but I think Myton may just edge it.