Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Future is League

Good on Prince Charles

29 posts in this topic

Why good on him?

What did he do out of the ordinary?

And was that his decision ?

Not sure , but it was on the national news in Australia and Rugby League was seen in a postive light is my point.

Good stuff although futtocks put the link up yesterday under "national stereotyping" (I think it was).

Good to see the royals visiting the colonies and their subjects is Australia. Long live the empire!

Good to see the royals visiting the colonies and their subjects is Australia. Long live the empire!

The Aussies chose to keep Queenie as boss lady, by voting in favour of doing so I believe.

And besides, we need to keep a close eye on the convicts.

As he is now aware of what Rugby League is, perhaps now is the time for the RFL to contact Prince Charles to invite him to present the World Cup trophy next year.

Maybe an invite to his two sons to attend the opener at the Millenium is worth a thought as well.

The Aussies chose to keep Queenie as boss lady, by voting in favour of doing so I believe.

And besides, we need to keep a close eye on the convicts.

The Aussies only voted for Queenie as boss because he alternative system that was proposed would have ment they still didn't get to vote on head of state/presedent ,instead only those the people elected would have then in turn elected a head of state ,so they thought safer the current way at least they still got to vote for top man/lady

The Aussies only voted for Queenie as boss because he alternative system that was proposed would have ment they still didn't get to vote on head of state/presedent ,instead only those the people elected would have then in turn elected a head of state ,so they thought safer the current way at least they still got to vote for top man/lady

And yet, and yet ... in poll after poll in the dear old antipodean colony, the people keep on saying yes to Queenie being boss lady. It frustrates the hell out of the present PM.

And yet, and yet ... in poll after poll in the dear old antipodean colony, the people keep on saying yes to Queenie being boss lady. It frustrates the hell out of the present PM.

They've been asked once, in a very bizarre referendum.

Julia Gillard has said she isn't in favour of a republic until the current monarch shuffles off this mortal.

Him going there got Rugby League positive publicity.

Oh yeah I forgot, RL is really low key in Australia.

As he is now aware of what Rugby League is, perhaps now is the time for the RFL to contact Prince Charles to invite him to present the World Cup trophy next year.

Maybe an invite to his two sons to attend the opener at the Millenium is worth a thought as well.

No thanks. Why invite these people who have no real interest or connection with the game? Personally I would rather it be given by a former winning captain or a legend like Ellery Hanley.

No thanks. Why invite these people who have no real interest or connection with the game? Personally I would rather it be given by a former winning captain or a legend like Ellery Hanley.

For the publicity, perhaps? We get precious little as it stands.

For the publicity, perhaps? We get precious little as it stands.

My feelings exactly. I am no royalist, but public perception would be that it must be a big occasion if royalty are in attendance.

I would agree that as many ex-international players as possible should be involved in the World Cup in some way as possible.

Julia Gillard has said she isn't in favour of a republic until the current monarch shuffles off this mortal.

She's as republican as they come. She just knows that the public mood isn't in her favour at present. If Wills were to become the next monarch, I doubt it would be then either.

Why invite these people who have no real interest or connection with the game?

Firstly, how do you know they don't have an interest in the game? Have you personally asked them about it?

Secondly, having one of the sons would be a coup. Either would do although Wills would be preferable, since he is heir to the throne. That would bring automatic kudos and recognition to our sport, and the media would perk up and be interested, which is exactly what we need.

I do hope the RFL have bagged one of the sons. They certainly should be aiming to do so.

Oh yeah I forgot, RL is really low key in Australia.

Quite. It was Charles who was after the decent publicity.

I can't imagine why people presume that the royals wouldn't have been invited to the RLWC.

Just because they are invited doesn't mean that they will attend.

Yes it would be good to have a Royal or even Harry

Charlie's been getting a good amount of coverage here in Sydney. In fact he's just popped up on the telly now.

The Aussie's I'm working with seem to think he's a bit of a annoying person. Which seems accurate to me. The positive for them is that's he's generally far enough away that he doesn't stick his unelected oar into government business like he does in Britain.

Him going there got Rugby League positive publicity.

I think what you mean is RL gave him publicity.

No-one knew he was in the country until he got photographed next to GI...

Apparantly he specifically asked the players about the World Cup next year!

Apparantly he specifically asked the players about the World Cup next year!

Really?

Bet he thought it was union.