Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Just Browny

You'll love moaning about these

93 posts in this topic

You had me worried for a minute then! :D

Although, that could have very easily been a genuine reply on here.

Now, Grubber I can understand but where does the name "Steed" come from?

Is this an indication that England hope to avenge the last forty-odd years of defeats? :D

Is this an indication that England hope to avenge the last forty-odd years of defeats? :D

steeden

Get some interactive animation going on, or a short series of episodes for kids to download.. could be a winner..

Exactly what I was thinking

"Steed" to commemorate Steeden balls

"Grubber" because of all the grubs that will be coming over from Australia!

Any particular reason why they chose a bear?

Well! Never in all my 36 years have I been so insulted.

36?

It isn't an Issue of having Mascots for the kids, I'm a big supporter of that, just that these Mascots don't look very good. Ronnie the Rhino looks decent, grubber the bear does not. The "knight used as England's mascot looks good, I'd rather they'd adapt that and have it wearing different kits at different games or something. The images of Grubber and steed just look a bit amaturish to me.

It isn't an Issue of having Mascots for the kids, I'm a big supporter of that, just that these Mascots don't look very good. Ronnie the Rhino looks decent, grubber the bear does not. The "knight used as England's mascot looks good, I'd rather they'd adapt that and have it wearing different kits at different games or something. The images of Grubber and steed just look a bit amaturish to me.

They were drawn by children.

Largely an irrelevance. The least important aspect of the World Cup and not worth moaning about even if I had the inclination. Besides I've seen much worse.

Adam Drake from SuperLeagueFans.com designed it.

It is just for kids. No big deal for me. I'll be there for the rugby and the occasion.

No we do not

this american style gimmicry is killing this great sport of ours and turning into a laughing stock.

The millions that the idiots running and ruining! our game will have spent on this joke could have been spent in the heartlands.

Real rugby league fans, who know what they are talking about unlike you don't care a toss about this farce of a so called world cup. I for one will be boycotting it on moral principle.

that pirate at fev seems pretty popular

that pirate at fev seems pretty popular

yes but he's a traditional pirate.

anyway while I'm at it

whooooooosh!

Well I think these are great and I'm a grumpy old man!

What is very very good is that there is news, an event or a press releae every day. It shows someone has got their act together in promoting the World Cup and that makes me happy.

yes but he's a traditional pirate.

anyway while I'm at it

whooooooosh!

ohh arr captain

Well I think these are great and I'm a grumpy old man!

What is very very good is that there is news, an event or a press releae every day. It shows someone has got their act together in promoting the World Cup and that makes me happy.

Exactly. If all we can moan about is the tournament mascots then someone is doing their job very well!

The mascots look fun. The names are good too. I think they will do well as they don't look weird like the Olympics mascots did (who on earth designed them?) but cuddly and cute. I also like the idea of having the flags on Grubber's t-shirt. That reminds everyone that the world cup isn't just about whether England can beat Australia!

Ultimately, though, they are for children. I think they'll be a hit with their target audience.

Grubber, great.

Steed, I really hope Steeden are sponsoring the balls, otherwise we'll look a bit daft and his name will have to be changed to Gilbert or Mitre.

Mascots work. My son loved Wenlock and Mandeville, and he could identify them individually weeks before the Olympics started. Hopefully we'll have the same reaction in the host cities for the world cup.

Steed, I really hope Steeden are sponsoring the balls, otherwise we'll look a bit daft and his name will have to be changed to Gilbert or Mitre.

Steeden are the ball suppliers for the RLWC2013

It's almost like they knew.

Indeed. I bet they'll make a killing flogging a real-life 'Steed' to all the excited kiddies next year.

Lovely stuff is that.