Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Just Browny

You'll love moaning about these

93 posts in this topic

Random World Cup dinosaurs are so passe.

_970723_bluke_rhino300.jpg

That ball was launched during the 2000 WC wasn't it? And before anyone says it, not launched as in booted.

I personally thought it cryptic as I'd never heard of "Steeden" until they were mentioned on this thread.

Unlike some on here I don't have an encyclopedic knowledge of sports ball manufacturers.

Or any knowledge if it comes to it.

You've never noticed that we've played with a Steeden ball in most (if not all) professional RL games since about 2005?!

I actually quite liked Bluke Tryscorer, but never actually saw him or a replica through the whole tournament. Then again I actually liked Wenlock and Mandeville too although they ended up barely being around.

Best mascot at a major games for me was Mishka the bear for Moscow 1980.

Most terrifying mascots are those for the upcoming Sochi Winter Olympics.

Most fun recent mascot was the bear at the Athletics World Champs in Berlin - now he was doing a bit of a boogie and everybody loved him.

Worst bear mascot was Oldham in 1996. I remember thinking Super League was doomed at the time when a televised game at Watershedings featured a dog on the pitch being chased off by the bear mascot who looked more drunken tramp than kids entertainer. Happy days.

The major problem though (and possibly the biggest problem for the entire tournament) is how Steed will be represented?

There are three options:

Number 1: He can be a man in a suit like Grubber. However due to his size the two of them together would look ridiculous as it wouldn't look realistic.

Number 2: He can be a midget in a suit. Still this might raise problems over the respective sizes of Steed and Grubber because even if you got a 7 foot man to be Grubber and the smallest midget in Britain to be Steed than they still might not be the right sizes.

Number 3 - Steed will look like Wilson. But do we really need another Wilson?

Wilson_The_Volleyball.jpg

CLEARLY the RFL have not thought this through.

CLEARLY I also need to actually do something with my life..... :(

And we are worrying that a large bear with a ball may not look realistic? I'm not convinced that is the main objective of a mascot!

That's mad!

You've really never noticed that we've been playing with Rugby Balls with Steeden written across them for a good few years now?

I don't think you need an encyclopedic knowledge of ball manufacturers to know about Steeden!

I've never looked at what's written on the ball and I've never heard of Steeden as a company.

TBH the only sports ball manufacturer I've ever heard of is Mitre.

You've never noticed that we've played with a Steeden ball in most (if not all) professional RL games since about 2005?!

No, why should I?

It's "a rugby ball" - that's all I need to know about it. Couldn't give a stuff who made it TBH.

Steeden could make a 'live' Steed maybe...?

Like a Furby toy in a Steeden rugby ball coating.

Does that make sense? :unsure:

I've never looked at what's written on the ball and I've never heard of Steeden as a company.

TBH the only sports ball manufacturer I've ever heard of is Mitre.

No, why should I?

It's "a rugby ball" - that's all I need to know about it. Couldn't give a stuff who made it TBH.

Fair enough, it would appear advertising is completely wasted on you! :D

Fair enough, it would appear advertising is completely wasted on you! :D

I'm the same - I never notice stuff like this. I couldn't tell you who manufactures any kits, and half the time I don't even notice the main sponsor name on a shirt :blink:

Steed could always be a puppet?

What the RFL really need to do to create awareness is team up with McDonalds and get the mascots in Happy Meals.

Steed could always be a puppet?

What the RFL really need to do to create awareness is team up with McDonalds and get the mascots in Happy Meals.

whilst elseweher within rugby league people are working hard to rpmotee healthy eating amongst kids.

whilst elseweher within rugby league people are working hard to rpmotee healthy eating amongst kids.

Happy Meals are 'healthy' now, apparently...

thats sounds suspiciously like a moral stance!

You can have fruit bags and carrot sticks and orange juice in Happy Meals these days.

There's nothing wrong with a treat now and then. It's those that live off it and don't eat responsibly that spoil it for the rest of us.

thats sounds suspiciously like a moral stance!

morality is everything!

You can have fruit bags and carrot sticks and orange juice in Happy Meals these days.

There's nothing wrong with a treat now and then. It's those that live off it and don't eat responsibly that spoil it for the rest of us.

mate I wasn't being entirely serious.

You and José Bové will get on like a house on fire in Paris.