Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GIANTSTRIDES

Greg Eden

27 posts in this topic

Would you not be concerned by such a clause with an FC signing?

I just don't like the idea that the selling club and/or the player has been able to exert some control here. It's hard to imagine that the same would happen with a Leeds or Wigan signing, for example, and shows to some extent the light in which we're regarded by players and other clubs. It makes me uncomfortable and further emphasises that SL has power balance issues.

Well if you can get over your issues with the deal , just enjoy watching the player, you have imo got a real gem, far from the finished article but heaped with potential, There are 5 or 6 players i would have let go before Eden. Given the game time i expect him to become a top player very quickly, He made some mistakes last season but he also played some very good football and whoever played fullback for the Giants second half of last season was on a hiding to nothing, You will not be disappointed.

Would you not be concerned by such a clause with an FC signing?

I just don't like the idea that the selling club and/or the player has been able to exert some control here. It's hard to imagine that the same would happen with a LEEDS or Wigan signing, for example, and shows to some extent the light in which we're regarded by players and other clubs. It makes me uncomfortable and further emphasises that SL has power balance issues.

Iestyn Harris - not quite the same but similar?