Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pottsy

Next year's exiles game.....

32 posts in this topic

Why?

Surely they'd be better off playing against each other that weekend instead? How many Welsh, Scottish, Irish and French would even get in?

Because I think it would give the concept more longevity.

We are slowly but surely seeing a reduction in Australian and Kiwi players. Hopefully this trend will continue, and if plans go well then we could see more and more stronger Irish, French, Welsh and Scottish players.

This doesn't need to replace the teams playing each other at all.

The player pool is quite limited for the Exiles, there is no reason why a couple of Welsh lads, certainly a couple of French lads, and in future maybe a couple of Irish and Scottish players making it.

You could see a halfback partnership of Briers and Bosc for example.

would'nt be the exiles then would it...

Exiles can mean whatever we want it to be. Change the name to Other Nationalities if required.

they were being sarcastic mate...................

correct

I hope the exiles concept becomes embedded in our traditions and grows.

Because I think it would give the concept more longevity.

We are slowly but surely seeing a reduction in Australian and Kiwi players. Hopefully this trend will continue, and if plans go well then we could see more and more stronger Irish, French, Welsh and Scottish players.

This doesn't need to replace the teams playing each other at all.

The player pool is quite limited for the Exiles, there is no reason why a couple of Welsh lads, certainly a couple of French lads, and in future maybe a couple of Irish and Scottish players making it.

You could see a halfback partnership of Briers and Bosc for example.

All in good time my friend.

Let the nations keep developing themselves as they are, then in 5 or 10 years time when they are strong enough open the Exiles concept up to everybody to play for or indeed against. Maybe even invite the odd high profile Union star along for a kickabout too.

A Rugby League 'Barbarians', if you will...

All in good time my friend.

Let the nations keep developing themselves as they are, then in 5 or 10 years time when they are strong enough open the Exiles concept up to everybody to play for or indeed against. Maybe even invite the odd high profile Union star along for a kickabout too.

A Rugby League 'Barbarians', if you will...

The nations can keep developing. The Barbarians is exactly what I would base the Exiles on.

The nations can keep developing. The Barbarians is exactly what I would base the Exiles on.

I very much agree

I very much agree

I wrote a piece advocating this 12yrs ago for Playtheball.com. It's probably still rattling round the interweb somewhere