Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pottsy

Next year's exiles game.....

32 posts in this topic

.....if they haven't already, the RFL ought to book Salford City Stadium now and start coming up with an effective promotional strategy.

It's the perfect size venue for this kind of fixture and perfectly located for fans on both sides of the Pennines

Wouldn't be upset if they did. An extra road out of the car park wouldn't go amiss mind...

After my experience getting there and away on public transport, I'm driving next time.

Wouldn't be upset if they did. An extra road out of the car park wouldn't go amiss mind...

I thought you'd be taking advantage of the helipad at Barton Aerodrome :)

Hull would get the biggest crowd IMO.

Ok, you can have the other game.

Are there two again this year?

Would love one at the Stoop

With all the ex pats from down under maybe we should try the stoop

Why was the kick off delayed on Sunday?

Tennis, I think

i like the city of salford stadium, great facilities and unobstructed views, only drawback are the exit roads, but that can be remedied....................................

i like the city of salford stadium, great facilities and unobstructed views, only drawback are the exit roads, but that can be remedied....................................

yep let the joyriders control the carparks again

Other than pure wishful thinking that was my thoughts. Went to the Aus kiwi game there few years back and was pretty full with a decent atmos too! With time and decent promotion could be a good event.

we don't need these kind of mickey mouse games in this great sport of ours.

They are a joke ands they make us a laughing stock

They aren't traditional.

On the other hand people could actually open their minds and realise that we are in the process of bullding a tradition here.

God I'm so sick of the miserable self serving gets that inhabit Rugby League

They aren't traditional.

On the other hand people could actually open their minds and realise that we are in the process of bullding a tradition here.

I always thought a game against "Other Nationalities" was quite traditional! Can't win either way!

Didn't someone suggest this for Anzac day on April 25th? A good day to gather all the expats together in London perhaps, being its such a big occasion for them down under.

It'll be interesting to see if they'll schedule one or two games next year. I'd keep it at two games and make sure both sides pick the strongest side possible for both matches.

Didn't someone suggest this for Anzac day on April 25th? A good day to gather all the expats together in London perhaps, being its such a big occasion for them down under.

It'll be interesting to see if they'll schedule one or two games next year. I'd keep it at two games and make sure both sides pick the strongest side possible for both matches.

Would be a great occasion, 25th April fits in well, after Easter lets get it on.

Id definitely push for the Stoop.

Two games in the so called heartlands didnt work this year. Aim for two markets.

Id als push to allow Welsh, Irish, French and Scottish players for eligibility.

They aren't traditional.

I always thought a game against "Other Nationalities" was quite traditional! Can't win either way!

They're actually more traditional opposition than Australia!

"The Other Nationalities rugby league team regularly played international, and also county, rugby league football teams in Europe from 1904 to 1975"

if you have a positive attitude in rugby league, then you are on a hiding to nothing wellsy.

They're actually more traditional opposition than Australia!

"The Other Nationalities rugby league team regularly played international, and also county, rugby league football teams in Europe from 1904 to 1975"

they were being sarcastic mate...................

Id als push to allow Welsh, Irish, French and Scottish players for eligibility.

Why?

Surely they'd be better off playing against each other that weekend instead? How many Welsh, Scottish, Irish and French would even get in?

.....if they haven't already, the RFL ought to book Salford City Stadium now and start coming up with an effective promotional strategy.

It's the perfect size venue for this kind of fixture and perfectly located for fans on both sides of the Pennines

Something nearer to a railway station would be better - Salford's a nightmare to get to unless you drive and then you get landed with an extortionate parking charge.

would'nt be the exiles then would it...

Why not? They're as English as the Aussies and Kiwis are.