Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tony Hannan

Vote for Eddie and Stevo

11 posts in this topic

Hi all,

Rugby league broadcasting legends Eddie Waring and Mike 'Stevo' Stephenson have been nominated for a memorial bench in Dewsbury, alongside eight other worthy candidates.

"The Portrait Bench, part of a unique national public art project, is a simple bench with three life-size effigies of local characters chosen by you to represent the local culture and history. The bench will be installed along the new Dewsbury Greenway walking and cycling route which is part of Sustrans' national project bringing the National Cycle Network into the heart of communities across the UK."

If you'd like to vote for either or both, you can do so here

http://forms.kirklee...ame=kwnNuwp6dgt

Really hope the two legends Eddie and Stevo gets the vote,Next year marks 40 years anniversary of Dewsbury winning the championship,from 8th place if i remember right,beat that you Rhinos :P,so it would be fitting to go along with the other celebrations the club have planned.

i just voted for them . cant do any harm and another visable sign of rugby league .

by the way dewsbury beat the LOINERS not the rhinos but hey thats in the past so i wont hold a grudge

i just voted for them . cant do any harm and another visable sign of rugby league .

by the way dewsbury beat the LOINERS not the rhinos but hey thats in the past so i wont hold a grudge

Just like yourself, they'll always be Loiners.. B), but weren't always Rhinos!

We'll have Roy Boy on here soon demanding to know why Clive Sullivan hasn't been nominated.

eddie waring really put the club on the map so to me he would be the obvious choice............

I voted for Stevo, Brian Robinson and Betty Boothroyd.

Bradford Northern had some excellent Dewsbury-bred players in the 1980's and 1990's ... Dave and Alan Redfearn, Jeff Grayshon, Nigel Stephenson, Deryck Fox and Roy Powell. They may have been Shaw Cross Boys graduates as well.

They all played for Great Britain.

shaid malik, karen matthews and warren jowitt for me!

We'll have Roy Boy on here soon demanding to know why Clive Sullivan hasn't been nominated.

Sorry to disappoint - I can't find a tenuous link for Clive with Dewsbury. ;):(

Sorry to disappoint - I can't find a tenuous link for Clive with Dewsbury. ;):(

Jim Sullivan would be a better bet.