Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tezza73

Floodlights

58 posts in this topic

No offence Niel. But it seems that it is only you and Soss who are asking the questions. To everyday supporters the club is doing well. We had a good season. We had a report earlier on in the season that the club was working at a profit. The only thing wrong to me is that we need £100,000 for the new lights, but surely you can't blame the new BoD on that. Don't seem to know what all the fuss is about. Seems to me you 2 are just scare mongering or is it just sour grapes. If you feel something is wrong say something. Stop speaking in code. Spit it out.

Gary as you are aware when i was more involved i kept posting regular updates on here to keep people in the know. I dont want to scare munger and there is certainly no sour grapes as i continued to carry out the work i started even after the fiasco of the voting last year. My concern as always is that the club goes financialy forward but Its true that I am no longer involved with the club apart from the ongoing legal battle stemming from previous members from 2010. The truth should come from the BoD and the questions of how much has been raised by the various fundraising events held to date agaisnt what is required and what each member of the BoD has contributed to the club. The only way forward IMO is for the BoD to supply regular updates to the suporters on whats happening who is doing it and what the results are. There is no suprise to say that without certain membersof the current BoD the club would not exist.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No offence Niel. But it seems that it is only you and Soss who are asking the questions. To everyday supporters the club is doing well. We had a good season. We had a report earlier on in the season that the club was working at a profit. The only thing wrong to me is that we need £100,000 for the new lights, but surely you can't blame the new BoD on that. Don't seem to know what all the fuss is about. Seems to me you 2 are just scare mongering or is it just sour grapes. If you feel something is wrong say something. Stop speaking in code. Spit it out.

Gary I would not continue to assist the club with the work behind the scenes that I am doing if it were sour grapes. I am not going to be lambasted for every comment I make by people who do not know what they are talking about ( FB and rooster). Yes I left the board for reasons I do not want to go into, however it was not for people disagreeing with me or me throwing my toys out of the cot but the complete opposite, people agreeing with me then taking no action. If you asked the majority of the board members they would tell you that.

I worry when I see statements regarding how we need to raise this amount and wonder how we are going to achieve it. Past fund raising has been at best unplanned and poorly executed in my opinion.

You could lose 5 or 6 from the board without the club being effected and I have said that from day 1. I keep reminding people that the club is a business and needs to be run like one. We have made a good start with Dave as chairman but how many businesses survive with 11 directors.

With that I'm not going to comment on here again and going to remove it from my computer. This forum has some idiots who try to suppress any opinion they disagree with and if you look back at my statements I think you would be hard pushed to find where I have actually slagged the board individually but just expressed my concern over certain things.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I understand that you and Neil have concerns. But its the way you go about it. Instead of talking in riddles just come out with it. The upcoming quiz night in December is holding a Q and A sesh with BoD. Come along and put your concerns forward. But don't forget to bring loads of money as we are auctioning a couple of players kits. Plus the beer you might drink!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When I posted the link to the Floodlights PDF, I did not expect the flurry of comments against D11 and soss.

The only reason was to provide members with an appreciation of the design criteria and decision making involved in installing Floodlights.

Apologies.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I understand that you and Neil have concerns. But its the way you go about it. 'Instead of talking in riddles just come out with it'. The upcoming quiz night in December is holding a Q and A sesh with BoD. Come along and put your concerns forward. But don't forget to bring loads of money as we are auctioning a couple of players kits. Plus the beer you might drink!!!!

No matter which forum you post on, you are accountable for the content of the post. More & more you see that there are cases brought against people who post messages, although it would appear to me that there is some smoke in Craven Park.

You know the saying, there is no smoke without fire. I do not believe that things are as Rosey as people are led to believe. When Alan Stoker called the meeting last year and we voted on the BoD, we were promised transparency. That word's meaning must have changed in the Collin's Oxford Dictionary, I thought it meant openness, being candid about the affairs of Barrow RLFC.

I wonder how many members of the BoD will be present at the quiz night?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If supporters can cast there minds back to the time Alan Tucker was Chairman and it's not so long ago. Alan used to put a regular newsletter on this Forum and I know it was appreciated by a lot of supporters. This happened after a great many Board meetings. Major and not so major decisions were summarised.

There are various matters which are discussed and cannot for different reasons be disclosed on a public Forum. Into this category would come details of players contracts and negotiations with players yet to be signed. There are other matters which the directors feel must be kept 'in house'. There are,however,a number of matters which could be shown in a newsletter and this would give supporters a better view of the state of the Club and show some transparency.

I know this is a very difficult subject and supporters and officers of the Club do not realise how difficult until they become members of the BOD.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Its obviously going to be hard to find a correct balance of transparancy though. Adam Pearson was criticised the other week for being too open about matters at hull fc. Maybe a post a month would be helpful and explanations behind some decisions. People full on having a go at eachother regarding the BOD isn't going to make things easier for them. Its been imposoble to post on here in the last few months because of heated posts and bitching. We all went the best for the club surely? People should suggest their ideas and put them forward and people should constructivley say their view on certain subjects but personal jibes at eachother shouldn't be on the forum, as it doesn't really solve anything.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Its obviously going to be hard to find a correct balance of transparancy though. Adam Pearson was criticised the other week for being too open about matters at hull fc. Maybe a post a month would be helpful and explanations behind some decisions. People full on having a go at eachother regarding the BOD isn't going to make things easier for them. Its been imposoble to post on here in the last few months because of heated posts and bitching. We all went the best for the club surely? People should suggest their ideas and put them forward and people should constructivley say their view on certain subjects but personal jibes at eachother shouldn't be on the forum, as it doesn't really solve anything.

bitches cant help bitching

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No matter which forum you post on, you are accountable for the content of the post. More & more you see that there are cases brought against people who post messages, although it would appear to me that there is some smoke in Craven Park.

You know the saying, there is no smoke without fire. I do not believe that things are as Rosey as people are led to believe. When Alan Stoker called the meeting last year and we voted on the BoD, we were promised transparency. That word's meaning must have changed in the Collin's Oxford Dictionary, I thought it meant openness, being candid about the affairs of Barrow RLFC.

I wonder how many members of the BoD will be present at the quiz night?

Just had word from David Sharp and members of the board will be present at the Xmas Quiz night.

Not sure how many yet as its depends on what protective clothing is available :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When I posted the link to the Floodlights PDF, I did not expect the flurry of comments against D11 and soss.

The only reason was to provide members with an appreciation of the design criteria and decision making involved in installing Floodlights.

Apologies.

Please don't apologise as now that Jamie is on holiday for two weeks we can have a debate regards the bod...I'm sure that Neil and myself would turn up at any question and answer session should we be invited. Do not get me wrong there are some good people on the board but there are more who achieve absolutely nothing...if any of the board want to contest this I will give my own opinion of each and everyone of you..I honestly thought twice about posting this but then I know you have watched the two of us been slagged off without defending us..so it comes to pass as they say. The truth is out there....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please don't apologise as now that Jamie is on holiday for two weeks we can have a debate regards the bod...I'm sure that Neil and myself would turn up at any question and answer session should we be invited. Do not get me wrong there are some good people on the board but there are more who achieve absolutely nothing...if any of the board want to contest this I will give my own opinion of each and everyone of you..I honestly thought twice about posting this but then I know you have watched the two of us been slagged off without defending us..so it comes to pass as they say. The truth is out there....

Jamie????? And everyone is invited.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

FB I'm reliably informed.....sorry I was going to remove this but obviously too late for that..hate posting in drink.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Believe me its not Jamie. For one thing he's not on holiday

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've got a bit of DEJA VU. I'm sure this is what happened 16 months ago. Whats the difference between you and FB. You say he's slagging you off. But you've openly come on here and slagged the BoD off. No difference to me. Like I said in an earlier post. Scaremongering!!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not going to be here for the quiz night. Look back at my posts Gary and tell me where I have slagged the bod. I am sick of people who assume I left because I didn't get my own way and slag me off for it. I worked long hard hours for barrow raiders and not one of you have jumped to my defence, especially the bod.

You think I'm bitter about leaving and scaremongering? Perhaps I have reason to be concerned as I know a little more than you but do not want to talk specifics, however I can not just sit here after all my hard work without saying something.

I worry about the finances as I still have a vested interest in the club..perhaps that is something else you don't realise! I am really concerned with the fundraising and grants as I know for a fact that opportunities have and are being missed as no one is applying for them! When you look back at the fundraising that the board have done so far it's been a disaster! So how can they raise 100k in the next 12 months? I have not seen any ideas put forward or any updates of how much has been raised to date or any strategy for raising it. If there isn't one they need to come forward and say so then perhaps someone can assist them.

The board can not function in its present state, too many cooks and all that. They have a restructure format that would benefit the club but they chose not to adopt it. So instead you have 11 chiefs and no Indians.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For starters nice to see you sticking around Mike please carry on posting as everyone has a right to do on an open forum. Same goes for Neil.

I have bought debentures and put cash over the counter at the club shop for the development fund and floodlight fund. I attended all of our home games last season including every pre season friendly and trains cup games + away at Haven twice and Town + the Grand final. Would have liked to get to more away games but with working away during the week I have things I must get done at weekends. I have bought a season ticket for 2013 so like to think im doing my bit supporting our club.

So on a personal note If there are problems I would like to be kept informed............ even if its serious!!!

Transparency is the best form of keeping scaremongering to a minimum......look where lack of it got us 12 months ago :unsure:

Lee Morton

Walney

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Like I said in a previous post on another thread,people were not voted onto the board to walk around in club jackets and then not contribute anything to the club.If they are not doing anything constructive they should step down and give somebody else a chance?

They should be given individual jobs by the chairman and then report on the progress of their tasks at each meeting,if they ain't doing anything ship them out!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Call an AGM, ask what each individual has done for the club and what has and has not been done,ask what is going to be done to ensure the club stays in the championship. it will make peoples voting easy for the next time. (unless the public voting system makes no diffrence to the voting outcome that is ;) ).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Apologies Jamie..I should do my own research as to who FB is and not take other people's word for it mate...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gentlemen, your solution to the floodlights is similar to Leighs tax bill outstanding after Arthur Thomas business went under, and that is the central payment should be used to directly cover this cost. I understand the 2013 payment would be £70k so that and 50% in 2014 would ensure you have floodlights to be proud of and remain in the Championship - where you belong.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the idea but this is not possible and all monies for the lights must be raised as an individual project. Has anyone thought of the lighting towers being sponsored by a business... They could be called the BAE south east tower or the Centrica west tower..even renaming the stands to BAE south stand and the Centrica north stand...and so on..just a thought while I was here...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the idea but this is not possible and all monies for the lights must be raised as an individual project. Has anyone thought of the lighting towers being sponsored by a business... They could be called the BAE south east tower or the Centrica west tower..even renaming the stands to BAE south stand and the Centrica north stand...and so on..just a thought while I was here...

Why must the monies be raised by project, surely those monies could go straight to your club IF raised. The KNOWN income is the fund payment, the UNKNOWN is the project fund. The KNOWN requirement is that unless you have floodlights of a certain standard you will be in C1 again next season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All monies raised for each project should be accounted for seperatly otherwise it may be soaked up in the pot for players, and other activities.

The idea is so you can set targets so each individual project can be clearly seen.

Previous projects:

Fundraising required from the AGM

Duck Race

Battle of the Bands

Maybe a member of the BoD can put the amounts raised so far against the above for clarity

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



League Express - Mon 10th April 2017

Rugby League World - April 2017