Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

barnyia

getting from Cardiff to hull for the world cup

9 posts in this topic

Hello one of the player's dad's in my team is organising a trip over for the world cup, it'll be around 12 people, they are French supporters and would like to know the best way or if it would be possible to go to the opening game in Cardiff then get to hull for the Papua France game the next day, they're staying in bristol and will fly back from Leeds after the French game, all help much appreciated,

Well National Rail Enquires suggest it would take a bit over 6 hours to get from Bristol to Hull on a Sunday morning. First train is at 0740 getting in 1325, whihc aought to be early enough. That's this year, the timetable will be revised by next year so they couldn't buy tickets this far out.

We faced the reverse dilemma for games at the Millennium Stadium. Best bet is hire a mini bis whilst they're here. You should be able to sort one one way I would imagine.

With the curse of weekend engineering works, I'd be wary of the rail network on a Sunday.

Yes, that familiar sinking feeling when you see the words 'replacement bus service'.

We faced the reverse dilemma for games at the Millennium Stadium. Best bet is hire a mini bis whilst they're here. You should be able to sort one one way I would imagine.

Would also be much cheaper ;)

Would also be much cheaper ;)

But don't do what we did, let Roy organise it and end up with a bus with a bloody speed limiter of about 60mph.

Out of curiosity, does anyone know when the k.o. times for the matches are going to be announced, because if the opening ceremony and games are in the afternoon I might be able to make them :)