See England take on the best at the 2017 Rugby League World Cup

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jt

Now Sheffield

40 posts in this topic

Linked up with French team to share players

Linked up with French team to share players

If they are sharing players will they all be HALF backs?

Mon Dieu !! :lol:

Obvbiously a 'cri de coeur;' An appeal for assistance. Let's hope they CHANNEL their resources properly. Lets hope number soixante -neuf doesn't come over. If he does what position do you think he will adopt?

Obvbiously a 'cri de coeur;' An appeal for assistance. Let's hope they CHANNEL their resources properly. Lets hope number soixante -neuf doesn't come over. If he does what position do you think he will adopt?

Another one sold out for the piece of silver.There are going to be quite a few lads reverting to amateur methinks. Why worry when Man Utd are carrying a debt of umpteen millions.

The differences are ...

1. We're the senior partners here.

2. Players will be seconded for months, not hours.

3. Nobody's going to be required to fly across the channel at 10 minutes notice.

;)

The differences are ...

3. Nobody's going to be required to fly across the channel at 10 minutes notice.

;)

what happened to thin end of the wedge, come on griff, it's either a bad idea or it's not. you're changing horses in mid channel.

The differences are ...

;)

But how are part-time players going to do their day jobs?

what happened to thin end of the wedge, come on griff, it's either a bad idea or it's not. you're changing horses in mid channel.

Totally different arrangement, oldrover.

My main objection to dual reg was coaches not knowing whether players would be available. This is more like the loan system, with which I've never had a problem.

But how are part-time players going to do their day jobs?

:blink:

Get a job more locally ?

Get a job more locally ?

Have you any idea how hard it is to get a job. Mind if they are going to Sheffield they could 'steel' somebody elses. As OR said you were against this kind of arrangement whatever way it was dressed up.

As OR said you were against this kind of arrangement whatever way it was dressed up.

No, I wasn't. I'm on record somewhere on the half dozen threads on the subject saying "What's wrong with the loan system?"

It's the short term element I'm against. Loan a player for a month or more and that's fine by me. Always has been.

No, I wasn't. I'm on record somewhere on the half dozen threads on the subject saying "What's wrong with the loan system?"

It's the short term element I'm against. Loan a player for a month or more and that's fine by me. Always has been.

The time period is of no consequence, IMO. Still deprives a homegrown and regular player of a team position. No wonder we cannot do owt at international level.

If we announced we'd agreed to a link with a club in another country, where we could share coaching and other expertise, and allow our younger players an opportunity to broaden their experience of both the game and the world in general, then I'd be all for it. I can't see how we'd fail to benefit in the longer term. If we agreed to link with another team in this country, where we were leant on to include players in our first team at the whim of the other club, then I'd be most unhappy. I'd not be hugely impressed if we were doing the latter as the senior partner either.

The partnerships between SL and Championship clubs to me appear to be of the later style. I'd hope Sheffield's arrangement with Limoux is more like the former, although without all the details, it's difficult to say for sure.

The time period is of no consequence, IMO. Still deprives a homegrown and regular player of a team position. No wonder we cannot do owt at international level.

Spot on Bob, by the time they have done we will be loaning players from Rugby Union... -_-

This looks and feels considerably different from most if not all of the SL/Champs partnerships announced to date.

As already stated cost,employment & travelling issues suggest that this will not involve week to week movement of players. It seems far more likely that this will involve a fixed number of players spending their respective off seasons with the partner club. Can't honestly see any major issues.

for s/l club read sheffield, for championship club read limoux.

The time period is of no consequence, IMO.

Nonsense - we've had a loan transfer system for donkeys' years and no-one complained about it.

Still deprives a homegrown and regular player of a team position.

We can't discriminate against players just because they're French. We're in the EU now. They've a perfect right to work over here - no work permit required.

for s/l club read sheffield ....

I expect you're right, oldrover. B)

Are they just replacing the pacific islanders with le french?

Are they just replacing the pacific islanders with le french?

Depends how good the French are.

was no point them teaming up with a super league team

cos fev wouldnt win owt then ;)

was no point them teaming up with a super league team

cos fev wouldnt win owt then ;)

thanks for that coolie. don't be a stranger.