Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Red Willow

2013 Super League Fixtures Thread (Merged)

36 posts in this topic

Why is it that every year the fixtures are leaked. I've seen posts saying who Salford are playing in the first two games.

We need a good launch try and get some attention

Salford are at home first game according to rumour then away.

All the clubs revealed who they are playing in their their first home game of the season at 12 today.

Personally I think it wasn't a bad little idea to generate a bit of excitement and interest ahead of the full release on Monday.

That doesn't explain why the 2nd fixture is also revealed.

The fixtures should be a fanfare.

That doesn't explain why the 2nd fixture is also revealed.

Well not every club can be at home in week 1 now can they...?

It was a twitter exclusive.

Hull FC are at Leeds first up then home to the Bulls.

I fancy Leeds v Hull as the first Sky game, the return of Gareth Ellis etc, etc.

Expect for Widnes it seems. Their tweet didn't seem to make it.

It was on the side of a Stobart truck.

Isn't the point to start to draw attention to the full release.

Word is now getting around that the full release is on Monday, its working as its being talked about on this forum, it was being talked about at work this afternoon.

Word is now getting around that the full release is on Monday,

I'll set off on Sunday then.

I'll set off on Sunday then.

The release is at 6:00am

Do you want to know how long after Sunday that is or what time to set your alarm clock on Monday?

Do you want to know how long after Sunday that is or what time to set your alarm clock on Monday?

Oh sod it, I'll set off on Saturday.

so dont buy your copy of rugby league express before 6am as im sure they will have the fixtures inside

Don't people have holidays to book, and other things to organize? I've had to bite the bullet and buy Ashes Test Cricket tickets for my Grandkids which fall on a Sunday, because they were running out. I don't know yet whether they will clash with a Fev home game!

Don't people have holidays to book, and other things to organize? I've had to bite the bullet and buy Ashes Test Cricket tickets for my Grandkids which fall on a Sunday, because they were running out. I don't know yet whether they will clash with a Fev home game!

I'm sure Fev will cope without you for one game mate, it is the Ashes after all!

Stop moaning, good idea to give a little taster. People are now interested for Monday

Just had a look at the season set up and couldn't help but think, with this being a World Cup year, why can't we take a superleague game to the stadia who don't have a team to whet the appetite in the local community, it could help increase clubs and superleagues profile in new(ish) areas, puts some incentive to the local councils to promote the game to get a healthy crowd, helps club finances that way. Any thoughts?

i think the question should be....with it being world cup year....why the hell are they playing so many games??

i think the question should be....with it being world cup year....why the hell are they playing so many games??

Same amount as every year.

The sport can't afford to take a few rest days.

of course it can........

put super league clubs into the challenge cup in round 5 instead of 4....thats 1 week saved...

we could have had a shortened play off series for a year....could have saved another week....

that would'nt bankrupt the game mate lol

So why have Wigan got some many home games at the business end of the season???

Is this fair???

I appreciate you still play the same amount of games home and away over the season, but does this give Wigan an advantage??

Discuss..............

I'll start - we've got the Friday SKY game straight after Easter so less rest.

The RFL are corrupt (obviously they are not in case anybody from the RFL wants to put a libel case to me)

I can't believe we have been given a full fixture list - don't the RFL know we were supposed to be kicked out of the league and should be playing in West Yorkshire regional amateur league under 12s? Incompetence again

Is this just whinging for whinging sake or do you have genuine concerns? If its the later what are they based on?

For the record in season;

2012 - Wigan lost 4 at home, and 1 away in the regular season. (counting MM as an away fixture)

2011 - Wigan lost 2 at home and 2 away, although did draw an additional 3 away.

2010 - Wigan lost 4 at home and 1 away.

2009 - Wigan lost 5 at home and 7 away.

So I'm not seeing much home advantage, in this age of modern facilities I don't see it as being an issue.