Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pugwash

Quiz Time.

9 posts in this topic

OK folks, as there isn't much going on at the moment how about a bit of grey matter testing.

My brother has just bought a programme off Ebay of the tour match between the Hull clubs and the Australian touring team. Without going on Google try and name members of the squad touring in 1956.

Limit is two names per post please to give everyone a chance, I am obviously not going to take part because I have the programme and I wouldn't know any of them anyway!

Good luck!

Pugwash.

I am no doubt going to be wrong but I think that I remember a big rough forward called Parcell or Purcell.

Well done Doug, Bernie Purcell was on the trip.

Pugwash.

Well done Doug, Bernie Purcell was on the trip.

Pugwash.

Think his son played for Hornets a long time ago. I remember my mate Les Connolly saying his father was a Australia international. How do i remember, er indoors was called Purcell.

Spot on with Ken Kearney being skipper but Brian Carlson wasn't in the squad.

Pugwash.

How about who played for the Hull combined XIII?

Incidentally, it names two subs, I thought subs were first introduced in the early sixties.

Pugwash.

OK, if it was too early for Carlson I am guessing it wasn't to late for Churchill (Clive not winston) at full back.

Hull XIII - Bill Drake, Colin Hutton?

You're on the ball again with Clive Churchill. Drake did play for the Hull XIII at second row but no Hutton.

Pugwash.