Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

oldrover

IF

30 posts in this topic

if featherstone rovers ceased to exist, who, if anyone, would you watch.

I always said I wouldn't watch another team, but if I had too it wouldn't be one of the super league teams, it would probably have to be Batley

I always said I wouldn't watch another team, but if I had too it wouldn't be one of the super league teams, it would probably have to be Batley

what about lions Maureen

If they ceased to exist, presumably through insolvency, I would watch the new team that would be started up in Featherstone, or its surrounding area, by some of the excellent supporters that propped up the present club through the lean years. If the unthinkable was to happen, Rovers may lose their ground, but not their supporters. They would probably start up again at Fev Lions, or Pontefract Collieries, or even by renting Post Office Road if it didn't get demolished!

If Featherstone Rovers ceased to exist that would be it for me, I wouldn't continue to follow rugby league.

Any RL team with Featherstone connections. How about OR ugby League. We could start a company called P OR BIZ AND MAKE MILLIONS.Never despair we shall be there.

Probably give the game a rest for a while and use my Sunday afternoons for other things. Might take in the odd game a bit more local though, Keighley maybe.

Thas watching too much x box OR

Dont think I could become attached to any other pro club. would spend my Saturdays watching Sharlston.

There will always be. Featherstone Rovers end of!!!!.

There will always be. Featherstone Rovers end of!!!!.

hypothetical Maureen, just wondered how many would stay with rugby league

hypothetical Maureen, just wondered how many would stay with rugby league

Strange and I always thought Maureen was real!

if there was no rovers i would continue to watch my grandson at whatever level he was playing. after that i would limit myself to watching the nrl on telly.

If Fev ceased to exist there would still be RL in the area, mainly at Junior level. I would (if still around) put myself about to encourage and organise junior teams. It would be like a rebirth or resurrection, after all that is how we started. I am sure there would be enough dedicated bodies around to ensure RL survives in one form or another in FEV.

We've been through alot worse times than this so why bring this up when we are at the top of our game where we haven't been for a very long time. If you had brought this up when Hobbs and gaz h price were here I might comment

We've been through alot worse times than this so why bring this up when we are at the top of our game where we haven't been for a very long time. If you had brought this up when Hobbs and gaz h price were here I might comment

i've already explained. i just wondered how many of us would carry on watching rugby league if there was no fev. no one is suggesting we are going bust, but a good few supporters (including me) have said they would have no interest in rugby league if we didn't have fev. just trying to gauge peoples feelings on the game in general. chill.

Nothing like reading a nice uplifting thread on here to pass the time of day...

Nothing like reading a nice uplifting thread on here to pass the time of day...

well don't read it then Gav, simples.

i've already explained. i just wondered how many of us would carry on watching rugby league if there was no fev. no one is suggesting we are going bust, but a good few supporters (including me) have said they would have no interest in rugby league if we didn't have fev. just trying to gauge peoples feelings on the game in general.

To be honest oldrover i think the last internationals told us which way our sport is heading with the attendances.Im very interested to see the attendances for the up and coming world cup.Also i would of liked all the champ clubs to have stood up to the RFL and the SL clubs with these link ups and told them to stick it and our game may of improved with relegation and promotion again.But their is a lot of lack of ambition in our league that as seen the teams crumble and join the link ups.With these link ups i doubt relegation and promotion will ever be back in our sport as the SL clubs and the RFL have got their own way yet again.The big worry i have is that the link ups make this league very competitive and us and fax have to link up to compete thats the major factor im most worried about.

To be honest oldrover i think the last internationals told us which way our sport is heading with the attendances.Im very interested to see the attendances for the up and coming world cup.Also i would of liked all the champ clubs to have stood up to the RFL and the SL clubs with these link ups and told them to stick it and our game may of improved with relegation and promotion again.But their is a lot of lack of ambition in our league that as seen the teams crumble and join the link ups.With these link ups i doubt relegation and promotion will ever be back in our sport as the SL clubs and the RFL have got their own way yet again.The big worry i have is that the link ups make this league very competitive and us and fax have to link up to compete thats the major factor im most worried about.

yeh, i think it's divide and rule. once they got a couple of clubs into it, the others were frightened of getting left behind. our best chance is to have everything in place so we are in a position to step in if a s/l club fails.everything seems to be done on the hoof so to speak, with no long term strategy. it seems there was never a plan b.

yeh, i think it's divide and rule. once they got a couple of clubs into it, the others were frightened of getting left behind. our best chance is to have everything in place so we are in a position to step in if a s/l club fails.everything seems to be done on the hoof so to speak, with no long term strategy. it seems there was never a plan b.

Totally agree oldrover but to be honest i would rather us not exist than be a feeder club just to answer the topic question :lol: .