Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pugwash

World Cup at Rochdale.

29 posts in this topic

In next year's World Cup the tie between Fiji and Ireland will take place at Spotland Stadium, Rochdale. Tickets are sellinjg fast already so if you're thinking of coming to this game I'd think about getting tickets as soon as possible.

Details are as follows;

Fiji v Ireland

Monday October 28th 2013

K.O. TBA

Ticket prices

Main stand - £20 adults & £10 conc

End Stand (seated) - £15 & £7.50 conc

End Terrace (standing) - £10 & £5 conc

Pugwash.

In next year's World Cup the tie between Fiji and Ireland will take place at Spotland Stadium, Rochdale. Tickets are sellinjg fast already so if you're thinking of coming to this game I'd think about getting tickets as soon as possible.

Details are as follows;

Fiji v Ireland

Monday October 28th 2013

K.O. TBA

Ticket prices

Main stand - £20 adults & £10 conc

End Stand (seated) - £15 & £7.50 conc

End Terrace (standing) - £10 & £5 conc

Pugwash.

its a 2 horse race ill give it a miss i think and thats before a ball is touched .england are not in the same league as the aussies and the zedders

Hopefully not all rugby league fans will have that attitude and will get out to see the world cup,ticket sales are going well for the Spotland match.

I'm with Blackhawk on this one,Red Hall treat Championship clubs like they do then they expect fans to jump through hoops when they want em,i'll give it a miss thanks........

I honestly think we will beat the Kiwis and think we,ll give the Aussies a decent game, went to Wembley last year for the England Oz game and it could have gone either way. We need to support this World Cup in much the way the Union fans do, good luck to the Rochdale club and hope its a sell out, if i can make it i,ll go.

Personally, I thinki games like Fiji v Ireland are probably the best sort of games as you'd be hard pressed to pick a favourite. Ireland have come on well of late and Fiji are an unknown quantity.

I'm no supporter of Red Hall but I will be at this tie as it's the chance of a lesser club to have its day in the sun. I hope to see some of you in the bar at the game maybe?

Pugwash.

Without redhalls money we wouldn't have a club so I think we need to show some support to the world cup, I for one would rather see the lesser teams play than see Aussies vs Aussie A so I might pop along to Rochdale! Good luck Rochdale hope you sell out!

its a 2 horse race ill give it a miss i think and thats before a ball is touched .england are not in the same league as the aussies and the zedders

What a depressingly awful attitude to have. Who needs enemies when the sport has 'friends' like you eh?

Without redhalls money we wouldn't have a club so I think we need to show some support to the world cup, I for one would rather see the lesser teams play than see Aussies vs Aussie A so I might pop along to Rochdale! Good luck Rochdale hope you sell out!

Much better, I'll see you there! :D

Sort a couple of tickets and I'll come with ya. A nice day out on the lash

Sort a couple of tickets and I'll come with ya. A nice day out on the lash

Sounds like a plan

And why are Red Hall giving Championship clubs money Gaz,because they knew that when they invented Super League we,d suffer.........They made the problem and to keep us going they have to bail clubs out,all there doing.........Yeh good luck to Rochdale for getting the gig,small clubs shud get the games,but they expect fans to travel to Wembley,Cardiff,Edinburgh,

And why are Red Hall giving Championship clubs money Gaz,because they knew that when they invented Super League we,d suffer.........They made the problem and to keep us going they have to bail clubs out,all there doing.........Yeh good luck to Rochdale for getting the gig,small clubs shud get the games,but they expect fans to travel to Wembley,Cardiff,Edinburgh,

Edinburgh?

I'm going to Cardiff and Wembley anyway, I'm off to 20 out of 30 games in total, and I can't wait. The World Cup is an event that is all about the players and fans, I don't give a stuff about the administration when I'm in a stadium watching two great teams go at it, or two smaller nations have their moment in the limelight. Its going to be a month-long Rugby League party!

Of course they expect fans to travel, its the bIoody World Cup!

Edinburgh?

I'm going to Cardiff and Wembley anyway, I'm off to 20 out of 30 games in total, and I can't wait. The World Cup is an event that is all about the players and fans, I don't give a stuff about the administration when I'm in a stadium watching two great teams go at it, or two smaller nations have their moment in the limelight. Its going to be a month-long Rugby League party!

I stated Edinburgh because thats where fans have been made to travel in the past for Challenge Cup games and pay top rate hotel and BnB,its a northern game and always will be Gav,and if ur that convinced that the game will spread but ur money into London Broncos

I stated Edinburgh because thats where fans have been made to travel in the past for Challenge Cup games and pay top rate hotel and BnB,its a northern game and always will be Gav,and if ur that convinced that the game will spread but ur money into London Broncos

One Challenge Cup Final and two Magic Weekends (that Hunslet fans wouldn't be expected to attend anyway).

"Its a Northern game and always will be" is exactly the kind of backwards thinking that holds this great game back.

As I said, who needs enemies with friends like you eh?

Edinburgh?

Isn't that your job though Gav, writing and reporting about RL, most fans have to pay to watch these games and don't have the chance of either free tickets and travel or are able to claim back the cost as a business expense.

Isn't that your job though Gav, writing and reporting about RL, most fans have to pay to watch these games and don't have the chance of either free tickets and travel or are able to claim back the cost as a business expense.

Paid for every single ticket and every last drop of petrol out of my own back pocket mate, not even a penny going on expenses!

The only games I apply for a media pass is at SuperLeague grounds. I always pay the entry fee when I'm reporting at Championship level even with my media pass.

It just wouldn't feel right otherwise.

One Challenge Cup Final and two Magic Weekends (that Hunslet fans wouldn't be expected to attend anyway).

"Its a Northern game and always will be" is exactly the kind of backwards thinking that holds this great game back.

As I said, who needs enemies with friends like you eh?

Hold the game back ur having laugh,watch ur club struggle while Crusaders,London,and many more get front row seats,like i've said put ur money into a club thats out of the catchment area and see where it gets you........

Hold the game back ur having laugh,watch ur club struggle while Crusaders,London,and many more get front row seats,like i've said put ur money into a club thats out of the catchment area and see where it gets you........

Watch this space...

Paid for every single ticket and every last drop of petrol out of my own back pocket mate, not even a penny going on expenses!

The only games I apply for a media pass is at SuperLeague grounds. I always pay the entry fee when I'm reporting at Championship level even with my media pass.

That's being silly Gav, if it's your job it's a legitimate expense.

Why wouldn't it feel right, the money you/your company save doesn't come out of RL funds does it?

If thats ur job writing and reporting on games why would you pay,it dose'nt make sence........i hear Orkney RL are going for Super League Gav any chance,could be a winner

maybe because he's a rugby fan and knows that its hard for the none super league clubs and every penny counts. he should be applauded!!

That's being silly Gav, if it's your job it's a legitimate expense.

Why wouldn't it feel right, the money you/your company save doesn't come out of RL funds does it?

I'm in the reporting game to report on the game I love mate, not to rip it off.

It wouldn't feel right rocking up to the South Leeds Stadium on a freebie media ticket when I watch the same match as the paying fans, and the club is doing all it can to attract more fans.

I still buy a season ticket at York too, even though I could watch all their games for free. I only got to two of their home games last season as well!

I'm in the reporting game to report on the game I love mate, not to rip it off.

It wouldn't feel right rocking up to the South Leeds Stadium on a freebie media ticket when I watch the same match as the paying fans, and the club is doing all it can to attract more fans.

I still buy a season ticket at York too, even though I could watch all their games for free. I only got to two of their home games last season as well!

If you're reporting on the game how are you ripping us off, it's your job. If you're there as a spectator only then yes of course you should pay.

I know you're a fan of York and believe you about buying your season ticket, after all I've seen on the York forum how much you're prepared to pay for a manky replica York shirt :)

Love Rugby League are obviously paying you far too much :)

If you're reporting on the game how are you ripping us off, it's your job. If you're there as a spectator only then yes of course you should pay.

I know you're a fan of York and believe you about buying your season ticket, after all I've seen on the York forum how much you're prepared to pay for a manky replica York shirt :)

Love Rugby League are obviously paying you far too much :)

Haha, just a fan of the game mate. Especially the Championships, they're good people (mostly!).

And Love Rugby League would do well to pay me too much when I part-own the website! :D