Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Futtocks

The Infinite Monkey Cage

15 posts in this topic

Series 7 has just started - an entertaining and educational mixture of comedy and science, presented by Robin Ince and Dr Brian Cox, with various interesting guests.

Most episodes (from Series 3 onwards, I think) can be downloaded free from the BBC website.

Tis a good programme although a bit over-bromancey sometimes. Ince and Cox need to get a room.

Thanks for posting that! It certainly made me giggle on a very dull day at work (I loved the disclaimer at the end)

It was obviously full of left wing propaganda though.

Thanks for posting that! It certainly made me giggle on a very dull day at work (I loved the disclaimer at the end)

Worth downloading all the other episodes too, if you enjoyed that.

Saw an episode being filmed at Latitude festival. Fair to say they can go off along way from the initial subject!

Worth downloading all the other episodes too, if you enjoyed that.

I've already listened to most, but I'm inspired to make sure I've listened to them all.

I saw a dodgy youtube from someones phone video of Prof. Cox and Tim Minchin performing White Wine in the Sun after a performance last year (I think). I always thought that they should have released it as a christmas single. If the money raised went to charity I'd certainly have bought it.

I've already listened to most, but I'm inspired to make sure I've listened to them all.

I saw a dodgy youtube from someones phone video of Prof. Cox and Tim Minchin performing White Wine in the Sun after a performance last year (I think). I always thought that they should have released it as a christmas single. If the money raised went to charity I'd certainly have bought it.

I was going to be at that recording but the missus had other ideas. :(

Well not from Cox, with his privileged background of banker parents and attendance at a fee paying school...though he might, like the 2nd Viscount Stansgate, have managed to break the shackles of that privilege.

Of course as you well know, its not BBC Light Entertainment that has the proven and admitted track record of left wing bias - that record belongs to those in news and current affairs who were only too pleased to be able to imply a link between child abuse, McAlpine and Thatcher. You must try harder. Still, if you like science, seriously, get yourself over to CERN. It has advanced quite a bit since I was there in 1972 but even then was a cool place to be.

Well not from Cox, with his privileged background of banker parents and attendance at a fee paying school...though he might, like the 2nd Viscount Stansgate, have managed to break the shackles of that privilege.

Of course as you well know, its not BBC Light Entertainment that has the proven and admitted track record of left wing bias - that record belongs to those in news and current affairs who were only too pleased to be able to imply a link between child abuse, McAlpine and Thatcher. You must try harder. Still, if you like science, seriously, get yourself over to CERN. It has advanced quite a bit since I was there in 1972 but even then was a cool place to be.

Drop the bone. You lost the arguement through outlandish lying. Just repeating the same rubbish doesn't make it true. It seems most conservatives think informed opinion that disagrees with them is 'left wing propaganda'. If you want to see a truely bias opinion watch some Fox News.

Not sure why you've got a problem with Prof. Cox though.

Incidentally I'm over to Geneva next year for just such a trip.

Not sure why you've got a problem with Prof. Cox though.

D:Ream

That is all.

D:Ream

That is all.

Ay, being responsible for the official New Labour anthem of '97 will be enough for some. ;)

I quite liked it. :unsure: