See England take on the best at the 2017 Rugby League World Cup

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RSN

Rumoured signing

51 posts in this topic

According too twitter a new signing is too be announced tomorrow. Anyone got any ideas who it is?

ooo intrigue

Peds ?

We need another prop...hopefully with experience ?

God knows?

According to the main totalrl website Keith Mason has been released by Huddersfield. He would do a good job for us.

According to the main totalrl website Keith Mason has been released by Huddersfield. He would do a good job for us.

Keith Mason would do very nicely thanks.

So long as it's not that tool Willy Mason :)

Heard on Radio Cumbia that we've brought Mike Whitehead out of retirement as cover for injured props McGoff and Butler. Really hope this isnt true and that its a wind up. Cant see how this is of any benefit to us as a club, an overweight lazy has-been who wasnt that good in his prime. Then again, being the coach's best mate certainly helps.

bloody hell mate thats a bit harsh...thought Mike played excellent against us up at Derwent Park in August and was one of the better players in their televised defeat at Donny.

If he was to sign on on a pay as you play deal to cover injuries...as we have already, I can understand it even if he is Holtys best mate :)

I heard about this today at work. Don't know if its true or not.

Not sure about him but know for def that whitehead signed but only really as injury cover

Whiteheads greatest achievement was scoring the try that cost us the CC1 leaue leaders crown!

I think if we had signed him last season people's attitude would be different. He in my opinion, can still do a job at championship level and on a pay as you play deal its a no brainer to me....

About 4 seasons ago we were unexpectedly beaten at blackpool. When asked about it, after the game whitehead told a barrow supporter

" i couldnt be arsed myself ". Thats when i lost all respect for the guy, what an attitude.

mike gives it his all but I'm just not sure thats good enough for the championship. he had his sticky spells with town like sticking 2 fingers up at town fans. but when he moved on from that he gave a good service to town and is very solid in defence just not so great in attack

I think the signing of whitehead should be under the topic called joke. I'm sorry but this is a guy who was past it 4 years ago. Big lazy and a big mate of the coach. Strange signing. I hope this next signing is a prop who is going to take us forward rather than for a ride on the wage train such as bracek did all last season and l will be very surprised if whitehead is pay as you play.

Noone was a good player and your criticism of him was harsh.

Noone did ok for us but did very little at Oldham which makes me think he is passed it. Why not put the effort into someone like Danny morrow or James Gordon rather that offer an out of towner a good deal. Give this to a deserving local

I am inclined to agree with some people that the Whitehead signing is a job for the boys signing and I would much rather they signed on another young local lad as there are plenty around that deserve a shot.

I am however prepared to be proved wrong and will await his performances before I judge fully on this,give him a chance and don't put the lad down from the start?

Watch it be Venters !! Just what we need, another lard ###### !

A lot of the messages on this stream are silly and becoming typical of what is being put on this Forum. Only the BOD and players concerned should know the details of any signed and agreed contract. There are bound to be a number of players who are on match terms only and if such a player does not play it costs the club nothing. The club simply cannot afford to put every player on a contract containing a weekly wage, appearance money and match bonus.

In my view it doesn't matter who is signed if they are on match terms only. I may be a long way out but I don't think so.

Hope it not Venters ! He cant tackle ,to slow and cant brake a line ! no heart in my opinion but thats just mine