Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RSN

Rumoured signing

51 posts in this topic

A lot of the messages on this stream are silly and becoming typical of what is being put on this Forum. Only the BOD and players concerned should know the details of any signed and agreed contract. There are bound to be a number of players who are on match terms only and if such a player does not play it costs the club nothing. The club simply cannot afford to put every player on a contract containing a weekly wage, appearance money and match bonus.

In my view it doesn't matter who is signed if they are on match terms only. I may be a long way out but I don't think so.

if you were a player signing for barrow, would you agree to sign to only earn money if you get a game?

there will be a few players who have signed again and will probably know they wont be getting a game. someone like marwood who has mossop, dandy, finch, probably pedley in front of him will know he wont play so i would be amazed if he has signed on terms where he only gets paid if he plays.

we will never know what terms each player is on (which is private to each player), but for me, i just think the lads who will be making numbers up in the squad wont have signed pay as you play deals.

That's why it's left to people who can negotiate contracts...you would be surprised if you knew last seasons contracts. Lets hope that the negotiator is signing the right deals. Knowing who is involved I would say they are...

Who do we reckon the new signing is then? any one gona have a guess? i will say Brett Mc

Brett is going pro in his fighting so I can't see it being him...

well that rules him out then, if its our biggest signing then it has to be a current SL player, Doesnt it?

and it has to be a forward surely!

we need a top drawer prop and a centre with flair.

More chance platting fog than Keith Mason signing for us. He;s wanted by Bradford, Hull KR and Wakefield, and Nathan Brown may be interested in taking him back to St.Helens.

I agree that to be a 'big' signing it has to be a player with SL experience, but cant think of anyone whos OCC and free other than Vinnie Anderson

Christ,how long is the drum going to be rolling before they let us know?

I am super impatient, :O I do hope this big signing has not run into problems?

This had better be good :rolleyes:

Could always be an overseas import ?

OMG have we got Kylie or Cheryl as half time entertainment ?

OMG have we got Kylie or Cheryl as half time entertainment ?

Love it hahaha...you have that little 'damo' dude with his medals...crowd pleaser

'damo is a town fan na na na na' or was it deano?

Stop panicking fellas, Holty was the best coach last season and he know's what he is doing.

Just be a little more patient it'll soon be revealed.

It might be revealed at the Raiders Quiz night on Saturday so get there :)

Building a squad within a budget is a fine art and looking at last year i dont think anyone could knock the guys that carried it out. Darren will know what he wants and who he wnats but may be he will have to settle with what is affordable.

Building a squad within a budget is a fine art and looking at last year i dont think anyone could knock the guys that carried it out. Darren will know what he wants and who he wnats but may be he will have to settle with what is affordable.

Yes, and I can't think of anyone that would do a better job with what he has available to him.

There is a tendency on here to have a sly dig at Darren, but IMHO he is one of the best young coaches around.

Yes, and I can't think of anyone that would do a better job with what he has available to him.

There is a tendency on here to have a sly dig at Darren, but IMHO he is one of the best young coaches around.

Agreed. It's the usual doom and gloom clowns who would probably find something to moan about even if they won the lottery. They are a little tedious at times.

looks like we have signed Tom Brannon ex Barrow Island winger who was on Warringtons books as he is listed in the players gallery on the Raiders website. Dunno if this is the big news or not ?

Lee

A wiser option might be to wait until the ink is dry before making announcements otherwise you look a bit silly if a deal falls through, or the signing isn't as big as the headline might suggest. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

A wiser option might be to wait until the ink is dry before making announcements otherwise you look a bit silly if a deal falls through, or the signing isn't as big as the headline might suggest. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Seems strange its on the club website tho Dave about Tom ?

Yes. Strange that it hasn't been announced and we're all still holding our breaths in anticipation of a big signing. It's just a bit confusing.

The club have been quite good of late with the systematic way they've handled press releases regarding the signing of players.

It's Jack Spencer a Prop who played for Salford and West's Tigers.

6"1 and 21.

Tom Brannon is a great signing.

:D

Is Tom confirmed anywhere as I cant get on the website at the mo ?