Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

gary high

Conference entry criteria

34 posts in this topic

Does anybody know the minimum criteria that a club needs to meet in order to apply for a place in the Summer Conference leagues please.

Thanks

Running a second team

Barriered off Pitch

Youth Set Up

Club House on the Ground

Refs Changing Facilities

Production of a Matchday Programme

These are some of the Criteria

Minimum criiteria could do with a root and branch review to remove the grey areas and ambiguities

1 must have Clubmark is apparently simply working towards Clubmark.

2 Clubhouse on ground neglects to mention it can be shared with any other sporting organisation in the UK but NOT with any other NCL club - odd but true!

Minimum criiteria could do with a root and branch review to remove the grey areas and ambiguities

1 must have Clubmark is apparently simply working towards Clubmark.

2 Clubhouse on ground neglects to mention it can be shared with any other sporting organisation in the UK but NOT with any other NCL club - odd but true!

Have you considered running one junior side?

Have you considered running a team in say, Bramley?

Thanks for the replies.

Not sure what it is called now but I am on about the old National Conference League.

Thanks for the replies.

Not sure what it is called now but I am on about the old National Conference League.

Still called the NCL.

The NCL criteria can be found on the following page:

http://www.nationalconferenceleague.co.uk/downloads

I believe it's under Operational rules.

I don't know if they're still taking applications. In theory they are til January but think they've pencilled in who they want for the last 2 places in division 3.

Blackbrook and Wizards/Woolston? Anyone else in the running?

Blackbrook and Wizards/Woolston? Anyone else in the running?

They're the only 2 last I heard but more teams may have applied since I guess?

I guess if there's 3 strong applicants they may rethink 12 as the maximum or let one new club in division 2?

They're the only 2 last I heard but more teams may have applied since I guess?

I guess if there's 3 strong applicants they may rethink 12 as the maximum or let one new club in division 2?

I'm pretty sure Eastmoor were mentioned but can't be 100% as I was told ages ago and forgot to be honest

I'm pretty sure Eastmoor were mentioned but can't be 100% as I was told ages ago and forgot to be honest

Eastmoor are already in the NCL.

Eastmoor are already in the NCL.

Thought they were, there was defo someone else but can't remember who.

Cutsyke Raiders - Excellent thinking - maybe a merger in the making Bramley High?. Although I can think of worst places than Bramley to play in West Yorkshire I cant if the aim is to join the NCL! :D

Cutsyke Raiders - Excellent thinking - maybe a merger in the making Bramley High?. Although I can think of worst places than Bramley to play in West Yorkshire I cant if the aim is to join the NCL! :D

What are Bramleys plans?

I understand various discussions are underway that once resolved will allow plans for the future to be finalised. Until then an excellent coach Steven Gill has been appointed who is committed to driving the club forward following Craig's departure to take up the assistant coaching role at Batley.

I understand various discussions are underway that once resolved will allow plans for the future to be finalised. Until then an excellent coach Steven Gill has been appointed who is committed to driving the club forward following Craig's departure to take up the assistant coaching role at Batley.

Hope all goes well mate

I can see a Bramley/Championship clubz link up which would mean Bramley would only really need to get juniors in order.

Sorry guys, not been on for a while.

Big thanks for the replies. Good luck with your forthcoming seasons.

What are Bramleys plans?

According to their web page they have applied to join the Yorkshire Mens league as their application to join the NCL was rejected without an explanation.unsure.png

According to their web page they have applied to join the Yorkshire Mens league as their application to join the NCL was rejected without an explanation.unsure.png

I doubt there was no explanation if they applied correctly. Its pretty well known they do not fulfill minimum criteria, but this is old new now isn't it ?

It's pretty well known just sums NCL rup. Full clear concise reasons should be simple for NCL committee to supply but they can't because the minimum criteria are so poorly worded, even where it seems clear they are not applied universally. The MC need a full rewrite and as part of the process when an application fails a clear and full response giving all reasons for failure should be the absolute minimum provided by the NCL.

If clear that if official reasons are not provided re why an application failed a club would find it impossible to measure whats needed to meet them.

Feedback would have been a good idea. Even though I can understand why some clubs got rejected (even though a courtesy explanation would have been a good idea) the reasoning behind Northampton and Bristol's rejection in particular is very unclear. I happen to know it wasn't geography but can't say how I know this.

It's pretty well known just sums NCL rup. Full clear concise reasons should be simple for NCL committee to supply but they can't because the minimum criteria are so poorly worded, even where it seems clear they are not applied universally. The MC need a full rewrite and as part of the process when an application fails a clear and full response giving all reasons for failure should be the absolute minimum provided by the NCL.

If clear that if official reasons are not provided re why an application failed a club would find it impossible to measure whats needed to meet them.

As far as i am aware they didnt actually apply; just showed interest.

But its clear they fell short on the club mark, the two open age teams, along with the youth, junior and mini-mod structure.

As far as i am aware they didnt actually apply; just showed interest.

But its clear they fell short on the club mark, the two open age teams, along with the youth, junior and mini-mod structure.

I suppose that's why they didn't get feedback on an application that doesn't actually exist. The NCL are good with regards to communications, thats why I was surprised to hear that a club had not been told why they were unsuccessful