Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

gary high

Conference entry criteria

34 posts in this topic

All the whining that Bramley have done along with the press releases slamming the NCL management (when they are clearly miles away from meeting the criteria) aren't exactly going to endear themselves to the current members (who would have to vote on any future applications) that know damn well what a god job the Management Committee does on behalf of its members. You can cite the fact that the criteria aren't always rigidly applied all you want but a club falling slightly short in one area, with a clear plan and ambition to fix it, is a long way from failing on almost every count. If the people at Bramley put half of the energy into building an excellent community club than they do into whinging about how hard done to they are they'd already be a long way to meeting the criteria!

I don't always agree with Bowes but he has it spot on, simple clear feedback to clubs avoids any doubt and then theres no need for what's seen as slamming the NCL to get the facts. Why have minimum criteria at all if its not universally applied.

Once again the reasons for turning down the application have not been communicated clearly. If the NCL see that simply seeking to clarify the reasons is whining then it could be said they are very far from doing a ''god job'' (a freudian slip if ever there was one).

Its telling that once again a phrase like ~ they are clearly miles away from meeting the criteria ~ is used rather than the NCL providing the facts which would seem to be a simple task for such a well run organisation.

I'm not sure the NCL see it as whining, i'm pretty sure they haven't said, suggested or even insinuated that they do. I haven't said that they do, only given a personal perception and a suggestion on how people at NCL member clubs may view it (I maybe completely wrong with that suggestion). It certainly isn't my place to speak on behalf of the NCL only on behalf of myself. I just feel that any perception of hostility towards the league and its management is unlikely to help Bramley in any future application they may make, where they would need votes from the current member clubs (and those clubs alone) to be elected to the league.

Once again the reasons for turning down the application have not been communicated clearly. If the NCL see that simply seeking to clarify the reasons is whining then it could be said they are very far from doing a ''god job'' (a freudian slip if ever there was one).

Did they ACTUALLY apply though, or just express an interest... one would demand feedback, one would not

Did they ACTUALLY apply though, or just express an interest... one would demand feedback, one would not

According to one of the NCL reps. they never actually officially applied hence the reason for no feed back.

How come they never officially applied? Did the NCL just invite the clubs they wanted in out of the expressions of interest to submit an official application?

According to one of the NCL reps. they never actually officially applied hence the reason for no feed back.

Makes sense... I expect they need to look a bit closer at home in the future. I hope when they are ready they join the NCL

How come they never officially applied? Did the NCL just invite the clubs they wanted in out of the expressions of interest to submit an official application?

Why they didn't actually apply probably came from them knowing that they didn't meet any of the criteria. For starters they only have one team; no second team, no youth or junior teams. Facilities come next - and whilst the facilities they have used belonging to another club are superb - NCL teams cannot share grounds with another NCL team.

The NCL didn't "just invite the clubs they wanted in out of the expressions of interest to submit an official application". The majority of the clubs that applied actually got in, with just a few on the fringes that didn't meet enough of the criteria.

Perhaps Bramley expected that they deserved to get in just because they were Bramley. Even Warrington Wizards had to do a lot of work before they got to the stage of even being considered the second time round.

Why they didn't actually apply probably came from them knowing that they didn't meet any of the criteria. For starters they only have one team; no second team, no youth or junior teams. Facilities come next - and whilst the facilities they have used belonging to another club are superb - NCL teams cannot share grounds with another NCL team.

The NCL didn't "just invite the clubs they wanted in out of the expressions of interest to submit an official application". The majority of the clubs that applied actually got in, with just a few on the fringes that didn't meet enough of the criteria.

Perhaps Bramley expected that they deserved to get in just because they were Bramley. Even Warrington Wizards had to do a lot of work before they got to the stage of even being considered the second time round.

That would make sense but doesn't explain why they're complaining about non admission if they didn't apply?