Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ArthurDaley

Hornets Shirts

8 posts in this topic

Well i think there 2 fantastic looking shirts, particularly the away top. Im not normally one for buying them but might be tempted this year.

2012113_192850.jpg530895_448069921895281_250218370_n.jpg

Don`t want to be overly critical,but surely the 1922 shirt should`ve been commemorated in 2022,thus a hundred year celebration of the clubs` greatest feat! And as for the away Fijian style shirt,I`m sure I saw similar shirts at a Pasifika/Kiwi music festival on the Gold Coast a couple of months ago,indeed I was going to buy one,but then saw they had Samoa Rugby Union written on them,so I quickly flagged that idea. Maybe they got a batch in on the cheap from somewhere and had them modified? Quite a novel idea I guess considering the fifty year old Fijian connection to the club,though I doubt many League buffs from other clubs would recognise that fact. Still,a bit of enterprise from somebody.

I really like both shirts and think the home one is coming out now because of the significant change in the club's direction coinciding with the 90th anniversary of our greatest moment in history. The away shirt challenges you somewhat, it makes you sit back and think a little and then as I thought about the World Cup and our history with the Fijian community it really grew on me. I will buy both and will wear the away one to the World Cup match at Spotland I think.

Pugwash.

I think they are expecting to have a minimum delivery for sale by this Saturday 22-12-12,and were hoping to have some for sale in the Wheatsheaf Center .Not sure if that is still the plan.

I believe the office took delivery of a small amount of Home shirts today. Many of them have been pre ordered, but there is a quantity remaining for purchase, covering all adult sizes.

They will be for sale at the Wheatsheaf Centre on Saturday. On the top floor and right in the middle of the Centre.