Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jannerboyuk

Oxford RL website

24 posts in this topic

First impressions from that site are very good and I agree that the ground looks fantastic. Let's hope they can back it up now.

Good website, better than Hemel's. gonna be a good year for us RL fans in the south. Choice!

Some of it's really quite intelligent: putting the goalposts as All Souls College, and the "RUGBY LEAGUE INSPIRES" motto. Brilliant stuff!!

Funny that they don't have a moniker too.

After seeing all this I would love for there to be a 'Cambridge Rugby League' club in the Championship now. Wishful thinking.

Good website, better than Hemel's. gonna be a good year for us RL fans in the south. Choice!

Great website, looking forward to next season when I can get to see three semi pro RL teams all within reasonable drives. When you look at that list of teams playing in the league and their geographical coverage, it does look pretty impresive -

North Wales, South Wales, Gateshead, Gloucester, Hemel Hempstead, London, Oldham, Oxford and Rochdale.

Great website, looking forward to next season when I can get to see three semi pro RL teams all within reasonable drives. When you look at that list of teams playing in the league and their geographical coverage, it does look pretty impresive -

North Wales, South Wales, Gateshead, Gloucester, Hemel Hempstead, London, Oldham, Oxford and Rochdale.

Just missing the midlands and ironically Yorkshire

Just missing the midlands and ironically Yorkshire

Yes, it's a pity Bramley missed trhe boat.

Yes, it's a pity Bramley missed trhe boat.

Can't help thinking Bramley's perineum approach to re-emerging as a pro club did them more harm than good.

There was loads of interest when they relaunched but people saw through the quality of the product they were offering pretty quickly. This level would've been ideal for them but perhaps the chance has passed now.

Can't help thinking Bramley's perineum approach to re-emerging as a pro club did them more harm than good.

There was loads of interest when they relaunched but people saw through the quality of the product they were offering pretty quickly. This level would've been ideal for them but perhaps the chance has passed now.

This isn't a time for recreating the past, and all the expense of trying to run a pro club where there's no interest and others exist anyway. It's about expanding, and it'd be great to see the new clubs expand the junior game in their areas something Bramley were never going to do. Up the Akkies.

Anyway I say bring back Leeds Parish Church.

This isn't a time for recreating the past, and all the expense of trying to run a pro club where there's no interest and others exist anyway. It's about expanding, and it'd be great to see the new clubs expand the junior game in their areas something Bramley were never going to do. Up the Akkies.

You might have to be bang up to date and bring in the Beeston Intifadas.

I'm not convinced the Leeds Akkies model is the one to go down unfortunately. They seem to be doing a very good job with masters though, not so much at the younger end of the spectrum.

I'm not convinced the Leeds Akkies model is the one to go down unfortunately. They seem to be doing a very good job with masters though, not so much at the younger end of the spectrum.

We have never claimed otherwise to be fair mate. Akkies have never ran junior teams.

Aren't the North Leeds Leopards offering an option in the area now? My geography is a bit sketchy!

Very nice-looking website - clean designs, not too fussy.

Aren't the North Leeds Leopards offering an option in the area now? My geography is a bit sketchy!

I think you could be right.

We have never claimed otherwise to be fair mate. Akkies have never ran junior teams.

Wasn't criticising Akkies so much as Parksider's suggesation that you're the way forward for your junior work.

Wasn't criticising Akkies so much as Parksider's suggesation that you're the way forward for your junior work.

No I wasn't suggesting that Mr. B. I was suggesting that attempts to recreate the past were futile, costly and getting a bit boring. The advent of amateur RL played for fun in a vibrant manner in one time areas that were union only is the way forward if you have the energy to go for it. Akkies are exhilerating, as for recreating Bramley? No thanks.

Mr. Potts did speak of the possibility of raising a junior section. I'd like to think our area would do well as they are all Leeds RL mad yet the kids end up in Union junior teams and many who don't like RU just go play soccer.

I've never pushed this point with Mr. P as he works hard as it is. It's unfair to do so.

I haven't been involved with the Akkies for a long while, Parky, so can't really comment specifically.

You're right to point out that there are loads of kids round Cookridge/Horsforth/Bramhope who are crazy about RL but end up playing RU. It doesn't appear that there are as many adults in the Local area who have the time/inclination to make it happen though.

North Leeds Leopards have created the perfect blueprint in Moortown and I hear there's a new club up and running at Bedquilts in Adel, so it can be done.

Horsforth (and its adjacent suburbs) remains the biggest black hole for junior rugby league in Leeds though, given its size and relative affluence.

Maybe you could be the man to make it happen, Parky???!!!

I haven't been involved with the Akkies for a long while, Parky, so can't really comment specifically.

You're right to point out that there are loads of kids round Cookridge/Horsforth/Bramhope who are crazy about RL but end up playing RU. It doesn't appear that there are as many adults in the Local area who have the time/inclination to make it happen though.

North Leeds Leopards have created the perfect blueprint in Moortown and I hear there's a new club up and running at Bedquilts in Adel, so it can be done.

Horsforth (and its adjacent suburbs) remains the biggest black hole for junior rugby league in Leeds though, given its size and relative affluence.

Maybe you could be the man to make it happen, Parky???!!!

I wish Mr. P that's why I don't say too much, best to either step in and do it or support those that want to do it. I had many years running and assisting running open age and junior soccer. My friends and my kid preferred soccer.

And that is the problem. It's a minority sport and whilst people in the big game of soccer easily drift into running clubs and teams there's very few equivalents to run amateur RL.

That core problem is something I posted some time back and felt that Leeds Rhinos and the local DO's could try to organise something themselves and from that ask local parents to join in.

I think I was told they could not do this sort of thing at the time? Anyone know???

As for what is this thread about, it's about RL developing, hope you don't want to put discussions like this into a straightjacket? It's like having to go into another room to chat if you stop talking about the same narrow thing! :D