Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bowes

new clubs for 2013?

44 posts in this topic

Anyone got a division 3 lineup?

Thinking about it Wigan Riversiders and New Springs Lions were many of the same players so that explains where they went.

If the other Barrow teams move then it will still happen it just wont be an equal split

I have heard that Roose Pioneers are staying in NWML,not sure what Barrow Island and Walney are doing but both have made big noises in the Barrow press about going into the Cumbrian league?

I have heard that Roose Pioneers are staying in NWML,not sure what Barrow Island and Walney are doing but both have made big noises in the Barrow press about going into the Cumbrian league?

Is there a point in doing the Cumbrian League if they're the only Barrow sides?

From Wigan Riversiders tweets they may be still be intending to play - intention of being Div 4

Theres one right under Bowes's nose that'll making a debut...

Guess I'll here more after Saturday

NWML division 3 is as I predicted, all A teams:

Ince Rose Bridge

Oldham St Annes

Rochdale Mayfield

Bank Quay Bulls

Blackbrook

Widnes West Bank

Wigan St Cuthberts

Folly Lane

Eccles

Saddleworth

Waterhead

Woolston Rovers

Naturally I expect some changes mainly around whether Cumbria happens but also can't help feeling some clubs will have good/bad off seasons and Cadishead should be lower IMO unless they've recruited.

Surprised no winter or summer teams have switched (unless Burtonwood Bridge have?)

Burtonwood are in training....whther thats for the Feb start of the NWML or not I do not know.

Maybe back in the merit league?

I was hopeful that a few from the Merit League might step up...and I'd hope some might still.

Sounds like Hope Valley Hawks (who won the merit league in the midlands last year) will switch to the merit league in the NW next year as it's where they played most of their games anyway

Sounds like Hope Valley Hawks (who won the merit league in the midlands last year) will switch to the merit league in the NW next year as it's where they played most of their games anyway

pity they cannot join the formal league but the overlap with Union must be too big. Have seen them play Union in Bury and they've a few lads who know League and with the players they seem to have they'd be OK in the full league.

Oxford Mavericks are a new side though playing in the South East so won't play the Cavaliers unless the latter are switching (if Oxford are serious they could run their own local league covering the Thames Valley area plus Hampshire. There's 5 clubs in the region already now). Mavericks will be alumni based rather than military.

Hilton Park (Leigh) have appeared on twitter. Not sure where they sprang up from but think I read somewhere there was former Leigh East people involved.

the squad they've announced via twitter is pretty special given the division they've been put into!

Can't see Leigh East A being able to cope at premier division level with all the lost players

Westhoughton are coming back into the formal leagues this year...

Wymondham Trojans are joining the Eastern Merit League which looks to have 5 teams (also reserves of St Albans, North Hertfordshire, Bedford and St Ives). The Eastern men's league is yet to be confirmed presumably because they need to decide what league Eastern Rhinos will be in?

There's also an U16 East league starting of Bedford, St Ives, Milton Keynes, North Hertfordshire and Kings Lynn.