Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ShotgunGold

Do you feel any allegiances towards County?

81 posts in this topic

5 Yorkshire

10 Lancashire

12 Hertfordshire

I'm proud to be a Yorkshireman, and actually feel more of an affinity with the county now that I live in Hertfordshire!

I have heard it said "Yorkshire born, Yorkshire bred, strong i'th arm, weak i'th head"

I've also heard it said that they Yorkshiremen's motto is , ‘Hear all, see all, say now't, tak' all, keep all, gie now't, and if tha ever does ow't for now't do it for thysen.’

I've heard it as eat all, sup all, pay nowt

But their spelling (they're not there) and lack of appropriate capital letters proves otherwise.

ah but the proof is that we get on with work instead of sitting behind a desk with a dictionary stuck up our ###### .

oh for the days when this country was full of workers not penpushers or is it office boys who couldnt do a hard days work if there life depended on it

ah but the proof is that we get on with work instead of sitting behind a desk with a dictionary stuck up our ###### .

oh for the days when this country was full of workers not penpushers or is it office boys who couldnt do a hard days work if there life depended on it

Born in a industrial town, first generation of my family not to build trains for a living (that'll be manual labour) and that was only because the railway works were shut down, never worked behind a desk (apart from at school) never pushed a pen (apart from at school), worked in a couple of factories and now self employed (if I don't work I don't get paid, no holiday or sick pay) and didn't need a dictionary to notice your errors as I remember things I learnt at school.

But as a born and bred southerner I obviously fall under your southern stereotype so I must be mistaken.

Also, Wiltshire is God's County!

I've heard it as eat all, sup all, pay nowt

Thats about right for you in the clubhouse after the games ;)