Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hate the rec

TV Date

27 posts in this topic

poor old haven. not only will we be making it 7 in a row by then, there going to be getting embarresed on national tv by there biggest rivals.

while i have always thought a town v haven game would be great for TV it will have a massive impact on the crowd,all the floating fans on both sides who normally would make a full day of it on good friday,will now go to the pub thursday night and watch it.How many tv games do you have we have 4 ,one at home against leigh early doors and town eagles and swinton away?

Good to see them showing newly promoted teams rather than all the top teams

2 haven at home and Keighly away.

Im assuming 3 as round 25 V York Knights August 22 is a Thursday 7.30pm K.O. also

The fixtures are saying Town v Haven on Good Friday KO TBC by Premier Sports.

Agree that a Thurs night would have severely impacted on the attendance, not so much if on Good Friday at say 2pm.

for some reason all games at round 25 are evening kick offs @ 7.30 ?

That is the Thursday prior to the Challenge Cup Final so they will be playing them then in order that folk can travel to Wembley.

I am pleased that we only have 2 televised games at it means less quick turnarounds. Haven have 4 televised, 3 of them away which isn't good because of the travelling in midweek.

I think the Dewsbury v Batley game was shown on Good Friday last season so I think our derby game will be on Good Friday as well and not on a Thursday evening.

Thats the Challenge cup weekend.

while i have always thought a town v haven game would be great for TV it will have a massive impact on the crowd,all the floating fans on both sides who normally would make a full day of it on good friday,will now go to the pub thursday night and watch it.How many tv games do you have we have 4 ,one at home against leigh early doors and town eagles and swinton away?

"we have 4". typical veiled dig from a jampot. do you and boxer work together.

Now that the club know that the game is going to be on TV it would be great if they could do some sort of "community club" cashback scheme on tickets bought in advance or something along them lines for clubs in both Allerdale and Copeland with maybe even another incentive for the club that sells the most for the game to see if we can get the biggest Derby crowd this millenium inside the ground!

It makes you wonder just how much thought and discussion goes in to selecting the games to be televised. Barrow were given 12 months to bring their floodlights up to Championship grade for televised matches and Keith Nutter is working his socks off to raise £100,000 to have new lights installed in order that the club can remain in the Championship in 2014.

Premier Sports have selected the Barrow versus Batley match which is to be televised on Thursday, 21st February 2012, one of the earliest fixtures when the evenings are still relatively dark. It could cost Barrow several thousands of pounds for extra lighting at a time when they need every penny they can get for new lights. Where is the sense or reason behind that?

Do the clubs get paid for hosting televised games?

I think last year Premier Sports asked people subscribing to their package to nominate a club and £10 out people's annual subscription went to the nominated clubs.but I don't think there was a match fee.

I think last year Premier Sports asked people subscribing to their package to nominate a club and £10 out people's annual subscription went to the nominated clubs.but I don't think there was a match fee.

Every club last season got a tv fee. Every club got the same amount because of lack of people through the gates when it was televised Dont know what the figure was though. But heard this season the bigger clubs will get a bigger pay out than the so called small clubs as they expect the big clubs to be televised more than the small clubs with the NRC and play offs don't know how true this is but been told by quite a lot of people so their must be some truth in it.

Have to agree H4E, this will have a massive impact on the attendance , it will probably cost Town well over 10k in lost revenue.

Have to agree H4E, this will have a massive impact on the attendance , it will probably cost Town well over 10k in lost revenue.

It may well keep some people away but don't forget it is on Premier Sports and they don't have as many subscribers as Sky. As long as it isn't allowed to be shown in pubs and clubs then I don't think the crowd will drop that much.

It may well keep some people away but don't forget it is on Premier Sports and they don't have as many subscribers as Sky. As long as it isn't allowed to be shown in pubs and clubs then I don't think the crowd will drop that much.

I would like to think it wouldn't Keith but I bet there are loads of floating Town fans who would come on a Good Friday as they tend to see it as part of a bank hols day out on the drink. Thursday night just won't have that appeal

keith don't understand what you mean not allowed to be shown in clubs or pubs,if they subscibe they can show it.Sunny hill,shiprights,whittington cat all show prem sports in whitehaven and no doubt there will be similar in workington, both haven games last seson were on in pubs in the town,i cant see how they can block them showing it just because the game is local to their area.I see the date for the game is still Friday even though its on TV,so given there will be 2 SL games on in the afternoon i would say that the kick off is likely to be in the evening( cant see the police being happy) and as such pubs will have it on and i think keep a lot from attending .This is the down side of TV games and it always seems to be games that would normally be the clubs biggest pay days and clubs are not properly compensated

It won't be on Good Friday night, uppies and downies kicks off then.

Don't think the police could cope

Lets just put a good telly show on for once and really showcase ourselves . We haven't done ourselves justice before . Lets really sell our side .

It won't be on Good Friday night, uppies and downies kicks off then.

Don't think the police could cope

forgot about that cant see prem sports wanting to go up againsy SL games on TV so may end up being thursday

keith don't understand what you mean not allowed to be shown in clubs or pubs,if they subscibe they can show it.Sunny hill,shiprights,whittington cat all show prem sports in whitehaven and no doubt there will be similar in workington, both haven games last seson were on in pubs in the town,i cant see how they can block them showing it just because the game is local to their area.I see the date for the game is still Friday even though its on TV,so given there will be 2 SL games on in the afternoon i would say that the kick off is likely to be in the evening( cant see the police being happy) and as such pubs will have it on and i think keep a lot from attending .This is the down side of TV games and it always seems to be games that would normally be the clubs biggest pay days and clubs are not properly compensated

I was thinking that pubs and clubs would have to have a licence similar to they need to show Sky sports for public viewing. If they don't then there is a problem as you say. A year or two ago Sky did a purge and a local man got billed in to the hundreds of pounds for using his Sky box and card at his caravan instead of his home address.

I'm sure that last season Premier Sports showed Dewsbury versus Batley on Good Friday with a 1pm kick-off and they showed the Welsh derby match on Easter Monday.