Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Stan Doffarf

SPOTY

69 posts in this topic

i think it was just a few fans tbh reading a few re-tweets...!

I draw strength from Woosnam's bitterness.

It's like nectar to me.

so a few people wish the Ryder cup team had won and it gets sensationalised on the TotalRL forum - what a shock

There really are some right miserable b*stards on here nowadays - it's pathetic.

so a few people wish the Ryder cup team had won and it gets sensationalised on the TotalRL forum - what a shock

There really are some right miserable b*stards on here nowadays - it's pathetic.

Nothing miserable about it - it's cheered me right up! :D

You're just a little ray of sunshine though aren't you?!

Fortunately next time golfers will be part of Team GB!

The main downer was too much* of Emilie Sandé's aimless nasal emoting. Other than that, a very enjoyable evening's viewing - much better than usual.

*any

Interesting use of the word 'fortunately. And anyway, they'll complain about any non-Golfing Olympic stars being included in the party that accepts the trophy. ;)

I'm going to moan about that too - but not because I think golf shouldn't be in the Olympics. I'd just rather that if it was that it would be in the format of team competition rather than yet another go for individual honours. And I believe they've basically just gone for individuals having solo rounds.

Also, to those moaning about our 8 seconds - did you notice how very little coverage club rugby union got and how England's win over the All Blacks was covered in a sentence?

And I don't think those moaning about Martine Wright getting the Rollason award did rugby league many favours.

(I'll find some more moans later.)

From Twitter, 9 hours ago: @LennoxLewis - Just now received my official cue to hand Andy Murray trophy but everyone's now gone. :D

Speculative article in the Telegraph about the 2013 awards includes the following:

Sam Tomkins, Odds: 100/1

While rugby league remains a fringe sport in most of the country, a win for England in the rugby league World Cup on home soil next year would be a feat to rival any, and would see the entire game, and entire swathes of the north of England, uniting around the star man. At the moment, that could be veteran Kevin Sinfield or exciting young Wigan fullback Tomkins, a star of his own sport and beginning to attract some admirers in the world of union too.

The bit in bold showing exactly how much the author knows about Rugby League. ;)

I like how RL fans are now so down on the game that they can't even be arsed to argue that we deserved some coverage for this season.

I also like Kenny's tantrum.

Weren't you on a golf course when I phoned you last?

I like how RL fans are now so down on the game that they can't even be arsed to argue that we deserved some coverage for this season.

I think it was expected, in this of all years. There was so much Olympic and Paralympic stuff to cover, a lot of sports got dealt with rather briefly.

Much bitching and whining on twitter, from indignant golfoids who can't understand why they don't get all the awards every year. :D

I also like Kenny's tantrum.

you would - you're another one of the "try to be controversial as possible to look hilarious" gang

you would - you're another one of the "try to be controversial as possible to look hilarious" gang

I think we need a catchier title.