Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bearman

Claire comes up trumps again

23 posts in this topic

Claire Balding managed to get a plug in for us today on BBC Breakfast.

She was praising the quality of this years nominees for SPOTY. "In any other year the likes of Kevin Sinfield who has been massive for Rugby League this year would have been short listed"

It's not much but every little bit of publicity helps.

How about Claire to present the Challenge Cup?

If you read this months Forty-20 magazine, you'll see that she has confirmed recently that she can no longer present RL on the BBC due to her C4 racing commitments, which is a massive shame.

If you read this months Forty-20 magazine, you'll see that she has confirmed recently that she can no longer present RL on the BBC due to her C4 racing commitments, which is a massive shame.

I think he meant how about Clare presenting the Trophy at the Final.

Perhaps, and I'd probably agree if that is the case. In my defense, the thread subtitle of "CC Presenter" doesn't exactly make it clear.

She was praising the quality of this years nominees for SPOTY. "In any other year the likes of Kevin Sinfield who has been massive for Rugby League this year would have been short listed"

Would like to see her present the trophy, a high profile personality who lets everyone know how much she enjoys the game, may also help persaud the BBC to make it higher profile.

Have seen her on Wembley way interacting with the fans for the television cameras and she seems to get on well so this may be a popular decision. Far better than a politician or such like that few have any idea who they are.

Perhaps, and I'd probably agree if that is the case. In my defense, the thread subtitle of "CC Presenter" doesn't exactly make it clear.

Agh yes! I see the ambiguity. I meant present the trophy not front the programme.

Agh yes! I see the ambiguity. I meant present the trophy not front the programme.

No harm done - a super idea in that case!

After St Helens won the team trophy a few years ago the BBC changed the rules of voting so that Rugby League could never achieve such distinction in the future.

Sinfield and Personality are not words you would expect to be used in the same sentence!

That's the case for many of the contenders and winners of the award in the past. It is a misnomer really.

That's the case for many of the contenders and winners of the award in the past. It is a misnomer really.

Its worded that way so they can award it somebody who has won nowt.

After St Helens won the team trophy a few years ago the BBC changed the rules of voting so that Rugby League could never achieve such distinction in the future.

How did they manage to do that? What did they change?

They changed the team award so it was voted for by a selection of experts rather than a public vote - although in fairness I guess a selection of experts had to nominate Saints in the first place.

How did they manage to do that? What did they change?

The "UK" team category that year was decided by a phone poll - now it isn't.

Apparently the captain of a "European" team was a bit miffed to be beaten into 3rd place by a "UK" Rugby League team and a "UK" cricket team.

The "UK" team category that year was decided by a phone poll - now it isn't.

Apparently the captain of a "European" team was a bit miffed to be beaten into 3rd place by a "UK" Rugby League team and a "UK" cricket team.

How does the change stop a Rugby League team from winning it?

Sinfield and Personality are not words you would expect to be used in the same sentence!

Come on, Nigel Mansell has won it!

She's a good lass!

How does the change stop a Rugby League team from winning it?

Because the "experts" who select the list of contenders are themselves selected by the BBC and we all know how much the BBC loves Rugby League.................................................................................................stand by to eat my words when the Bulls win team of the year for their resilience in the face of extreme adversity! If only I was an "expert"

Not the point.There are many previous winners who were devoid of personality

hrh85c.jpg

hrh85c.jpg

You are Ian Woosnam, and I claim my nine bob note.

Would like to see her present the trophy, a high profile personality who lets everyone know how much she enjoys the game, may also help persaud the BBC to make it higher profile.

Have seen her on Wembley way interacting with the fans for the television cameras and she seems to get on well so this may be a popular decision. Far better than a politician or such like that few have any idea who they are.

I too had the pleasure of seeing Clare Balding interacting with fans on Wembley. She was approachable, Friendly and patient. After a while she said 'I have to go, i have work to do.'

Iwould like to see her as a guest on 'Back Chat'

Iwould like to see her as a guest on 'Back Chat'

A good idea and even better if she replaces Stevo.