Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

andyram

Squad Numbers 2013

32 posts in this topic

Griff, you seem to forget that we need to bring the youngsters to watch our game, but at the moment, it would seem the older end might be in the majority. Therefore we should keep the 1-17 numbers; they are much larger than names on the back of a player's shirt. Some of us have eyesight that varies in quality and names are harder to read, especially as they are not D.D.A. compliant in using all upper case lettering.

When the majority of fans swings to the youth of the day, then squad numbers could be considered.

All the more reason to use bigger numbers.

I don't get your point, really. If you can't read the name, you've still got a number.

Maybe we could be the first club to use a cunningly devised set of hieroglyphs to denote the players name, starting position and utility value. These could also be scanned by fans using smart phones to also provide pen pictures, details of favourite meals, best films, details of sponsor, minimum signing on requirements etc. One for you Tom I reckon!

I don't think I'd have to spend any more time than at present in scouring the programme to identify the opposition players (and probably our own for half of the season).

All the more reason to use bigger numbers.

I don't get your point, really. If you can't read the name, you've still got a number.

It is you who doesn't seem to get the point. Larger numbers are not necessary and will not help you know the player's position when used as a squad number. It's easier to remember that the scrum half is (e.g.) Smith. than no. 23, Smith is a scrum half.

(and probably our own for half of the season).

Do not fear BSJ. Unlike the last three seasons, when we have been more likely to know the oppo's players than our own, I confidently predict that this year we will have more or less the same team every week and even my Dad will know who one or two of the players are. hes spent the last three years saying "who's he again"...except Austin of course...

It is you who doesn't seem to get the point.

No, that's what I said. :huh:

Do not fear BSJ. Unlike the last three seasons, when we have been more likely to know the oppo's players than our own, I confidently predict that this year we will have more or less the same team every week and even my Dad will know who one or two of the players are. hes spent the last three years saying "who's he again"...except Austin of course...

I am NOT NickD's father in case anyone is wondering, but I do suffer from the same problem.