Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Honor James

Leeds Rhinos honour legendary captain with `Sir Kevin Sinfield Day'

60 posts in this topic

I like Sinfield, but it makes me cringe a bit this "Sir" nickname, along with "WBW" and the now thankfully redundant "Brent Webb is Superman". Probably typical Bradford fan, but that doesn't bother me, I like Leeds as a club and team, just bin Bailey!

Anyway, Sainthood out does Knighthood and today is St Andrew's Day, so all hail me.

That ones actually official now though! :P

I like Sinfield, but it makes me cringe a bit this "Sir" nickname, along with "WBW" and the now thankfully redundant "Brent Webb is Superman". Probably typical Bradford fan, but that doesn't bother me, I like Leeds as a club and team, just bin Bailey!

Anyway, Sainthood out does Knighthood and today is St Andrew's Day, so all hail me.

The biggest one that always made me cringe was the Saints fans calling Tommy Martyn 'Tommy God'. I'm still not sure if I'm missing something or if it genuinely didn't make sense.

Either way it was $hite.

The biggest one that always made me cringe was the Saints fans calling Tommy Martyn 'Tommy God'. I'm still not sure if I'm missing something or if it genuinely didn't make sense.

Either way it was $hite.

Ha. I'd not heard that one. Yikes. To a lesser extent and without taking the thread off-topic the first name only reference of 'Sam' for Tomkins in a non-Wigan and/or broad context gets on my goat a little. Anyhoo, if anything else in this whole marketing ploy I learneded 3/12 was also the day Skatman John passed away back in 1999, and I love The Skatman song.

Either way it was $hite.

I never heard them call him that, but would it have anything to do with the time he kicked a stray ball (not the one being played with at the time) in to the middle of the pitch as Leeds were putting pressure on the Saints line, therfors stopping play while it was removed and giving saints players a breather? After the game he claims it was "the foot of god" that put the ball there and nothing to do with him (Said with a cheeky grin!)

Can someone at Warrington please take a picture lifting the Cup with a Sinfield mask on.

As an older fan I still remember the days when we hadn't won the title many times,but won the CC most.Yes it hurts losing all those CC finals

Ha. I'd not heard that one. Yikes. To a lesser extent and without taking the thread off-topic the first name only reference of 'Sam' for Tomkins in a non-Wigan and/or broad context gets on my goat a little. Anyhoo, if anything else in this whole marketing ploy I learneded 3/12 was also the day Skatman John passed away back in 1999, and I love The Skatman song.

They call Tompkins Sam ,and Richards Pat as if they are on personal terms with both players.Well I have heard everyone knows everyone in Wigan

They call Tompkins Sam ,and Richards Pat as if they are on personal terms with both players.Well I have heard everyone knows everyone in Wigan

That's because they're all related - cue "duelling banjos"! :O

Runs and heads for cover ..............

Possibly because nobody knows how to spell Sam's surname!

Merry Kevmas!