Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

thundergaz

Twinning clubs

82 posts in this topic

not the point. rules should apply across the board. this is another one we will have dificulty justifying to followers of other sports

On the assumption that feeder clubs can only take DRs from their parent club I don't really see any double standard or difference in rules. It would essentially be saying that DR is available to all but you can only take from one club and must declare which club you intend to take players from in advance. Naturally the best solution would be to drop the system altogether.

On the assumption that feeder clubs can only take DRs from their parent club I don't really see any double standard or difference in rules. It would essentially be saying that DR is available to all but you can only take from one club and must declare which club you intend to take players from in advance. Naturally the best solution would be to drop the system altogether.

No, you're right. It's like getting a penalty. You can tap it or you can kick for goal. Your choice - not two rules.

No, you're right. It's like getting a penalty. You can tap it or you can kick for goal. Your choice - not two rules.

What i was getting at griff is what the RFL are saying is if you dont do what we want you to do and team up with a SL team we will stop you from doing etc.Im not that bothered about the DR thing im just saying this is probably going to be the start of us teams who have ambition to continually get punished because we are the rogues according to the RFL and they dont like it when they dont get their own way.

What i was getting at griff is what the RFL are saying is if you dont do what we want you to do and team up with a SL team we will stop you from doing etc.Im not that bothered about the DR thing im just saying this is probably going to be the start of us teams who have ambition to continually get punished because we are the rogues according to the RFL and they dont like it when they dont get their own way.

Yeah, but is that an issue ? How are you punished by not being allowed to do something you don't want to do ? :huh:

If you wanted DR, you'd twin. And there's nothing to stop you doing it.

The reason Dr Tubbs doesn't want DR is he doesn't know whether these players are available until the last minute. They often don't train with us. It's not a good arrangement. No doubt Daryl and Rhino think the same.

Yeah, but is that an issue ? How are you punished by not being allowed to do something you don't want to do ? :huh:

If you wanted DR, you'd twin. And there's nothing to stop you doing it.

The reason Dr Tubbs doesn't want DR is he doesn't know whether these players are available until the last minute. They often don't train with us. It's not a good arrangement. No doubt Daryl and Rhino think the same.

Your not getting my point griff. I was saying that this will be the start of things that we won't be able to do because we haven't twinned. I agree we don't need the DR or Want it. But teams like barrow who haven't twinned who probably will need or want it are being punished because they don't want to twin and want to be barrow RLFC and not say Wigan B team I just think it's wrong that's all.

Your not getting my point griff. I was saying that this will be the start of things that we won't be able to do because we haven't twinned. I agree we don't need the DR or Want it. But teams like barrow who haven't twinned who probably will need or want it are being punished because they don't want to twin and want to be barrow RLFC and not say Wigan B team I just think it's wrong that's all.

No mate. I don't get your point.

You can have DR players. The price you pay is twinning.

I still say it's a choice which you consciously make and I think the penalty analogy in post 27 is absolutely relevant.

Punished ? No, absolutely not.

Whether it's the start of something .... we'll have to see.

I still say it's a choice which you consciously make and I think the penalty analogy in post 27 is absolutely relevant.

the penalty anology is nonsense. also last season, any club could take a DR player. now the rule only applies to feeder clubs. why should we become a feeder club and sign up for all the other stuff just to get something we had last year. independent clubs have had this choice taken away from them.

as for the penalty thingy, feeder clubs still have the tap and the kick, independents can now only take a tap.

the penalty anology is nonsense. also last season, any club could take a DR player. now the rule only applies to feeder clubs. why should we become a feeder club and sign up for all the other stuff just to get something we had last year. independent clubs have had this choice taken away from them.

as for the penalty thingy, feeder clubs still have the tap and the kick, independents can now only take a tap.

Au contraire, old rover. You can still kick for goal if you twin up. Your (club's) choice.

And as for the rules changing ... what's big news about that ? Rules change every ten minutes in Rugby League.

During last season a dual registered player was an Under 23 year old from a SL club registered with a Championship club as well as his parent SL club. The SL club at that time also ran Under 18 and Under 20 teams and in some cases an Under 23 team.

This season clubs that have twinned with a SL club can get the benefit of not only players Under 23 but also older fringe players of the SL club. As far as I am aware any players that the SL club allow to go to the Championship club will be there for longer periods than as been the case with some under the previous dual registration system, which will be an improvement and allow Championship coaches to select their teams knowing that players will be available.

Clubs that are not twinned with a SL club will be able to loan players from any SL club but it is pretty obvious that the players they loan will have been offered to the SL clubs twinned club, so players may not be first choice for the Championship wanting to loan them. Loan players can be recalled easier than the way players at a twinned club could be if what is being said is correct.

I don't like the twinning idea because I can see it causing unrest at clubs. The Championship coaches, despite what they say about picking who will play, will be under pressure from the SL club to give the SL players game time and that can only be at the expense of his own clubs players. Town last season had 3 dual reg players from HKR. Two of the players couldn't stand the travelling from Hull to Workington and told their SL club they didn't want to go again after 1 home game and we never saw them again. One of those two, the following week, started playing for Batley on dual reg!!!! The one lad who stayed with Town all season, Dave Petersen, was runner-up in the Championship 1 Young Player of the Year award and is now plying his trade with Mackay Cutters in Australia.

I don't think anyone knows what the rules are for this twinning as clubs are making their own arrangements by the sound of things. Batley's players are being included in the Giants BUPA scheme, whilst other clubs are not getting such benefit. Others clubs can go and train with the SL club and take advantage of their better facilities but what about clubs like Town twinned with Widnes. How often do you think we will be able to take advantgae of Widnes' facilities, it would be like another away match just to use their I-pitch.

During last season a dual registered player was an Under 23 year old from a SL club registered with a Championship club as well as his parent SL club. The SL club at that time also ran Under 18 and Under 20 teams and in some cases an Under 23 team.

This season clubs that have twinned with a SL club can get the benefit of not only players Under 23 but also older fringe players of the SL club. As far as I am aware any players that the SL club allow to go to the Championship club will be there for longer periods than as been the case with some under the previous dual registration system, which will be an improvement and allow Championship coaches to select their teams knowing that players will be available.

Clubs that are not twinned with a SL club will be able to loan players from any SL club but it is pretty obvious that the players they loan will have been offered to the SL clubs twinned club, so players may not be first choice for the Championship wanting to loan them. Loan players can be recalled easier than the way players at a twinned club could be if what is being said is correct.

I don't like the twinning idea because I can see it causing unrest at clubs. The Championship coaches, despite what they say about picking who will play, will be under pressure from the SL club to give the SL players game time and that can only be at the expense of his own clubs players. Town last season had 3 dual reg players from HKR. Two of the players couldn't stand the travelling from Hull to Workington and told their SL club they didn't want to go again after 1 home game and we never saw them again. One of those two, the following week, started playing for Batley on dual reg!!!! The one lad who stayed with Town all season, Dave Petersen, was runner-up in the Championship 1 Young Player of the Year award and is now plying his trade with Mackay Cutters in Australia.

I don't think anyone knows what the rules are for this twinning as clubs are making their own arrangements by the sound of things. Batley's players are being included in the Giants BUPA scheme, whilst other clubs are not getting such benefit. Others clubs can go and train with the SL club and take advantage of their better facilities but what about clubs like Town twinned with Widnes. How often do you think we will be able to take advantgae of Widnes' facilities, it would be like another away match just to use their I-pitch.

Would agree with the vast majority of that, one bit I don't follow is the suggestion that loan players will be easier to recall than DRs. Whilst the new system, which limits the number of DRs who can play rather than the number you can register, makes it unlikely that any player will have his dual registration cancelled, in practical terms they can be recalled from and/or released back to the champs club on a weekly basis.

Yeah its all about choice ! and the RFL are in effect saying do you want bumming hard or soft. Yep its all about choice :rolleyes:

Would agree with the vast majority of that, one bit I don't follow is the suggestion that loan players will be easier to recall than DRs. Whilst the new system, which limits the number of DRs who can play rather than the number you can register, makes it unlikely that any player will have his dual registration cancelled, in practical terms they can be recalled from and/or released back to the champs club on a weekly basis.

As I understand it, a twinned club can have up to 5 players from the SL club dual registered. These are likely to be not exactly the closest fringe players to getting a game in the SL team if it is to be believed what some coaches are saying that they will have the benefit of these players for several weeks at a time, etc, not on a week to week basis, which would not allow for any team planning by the Championship club. Clubs are also allowed to loan players and I see these as being more likely to be recalled by the SL club when injuries, suspensions, etc, strike.

As I understand it, a twinned club can have up to 5 players from the SL club dual registered. These are likely to be not exactly the closest fringe players to getting a game in the SL team if it is to be believed what some coaches are saying that they will have the benefit of these players for several weeks at a time, etc, not on a week to week basis, which would not allow for any team planning by the Championship club. Clubs are also allowed to loan players and I see these as being more likely to be recalled by the SL club when injuries, suspensions, etc, strike.

I think this is where the spin and lack of information comes in. As I understand it the rule will be a maximum of 5 DR or loan players in the 17 players selected for any game but no overall limit on the number of players who are dual registered.

Unless there is a also a change to the loan rules I'm not convinced SL clubs will seek to get fringe 1st teamers game time via the loan system, I may be wrong but I'm fairly sure loans currently don't permit recall within the first month.

Au contraire, old rover. You can still kick for goal if you twin up. Your (club's) choice.

And as for the rules changing ... what's big news about that ? Rules change every ten minutes in Rugby League.

you don't get it so i'll leave it.

Yeah its all about choice ! and the RFL are in effect saying do you want bumming hard or soft. Yep its all about choice :rolleyes:

It's a scandal that the RFL won't let you do something you don't want to do.

Is it just about wanting to moan about how everyone's against Fev ? :lol:

which official of fev, fax or barrow has said they will not use dual reg. (thundergaz is not a fev official)

I think this is where the spin and lack of information comes in. As I understand it the rule will be a maximum of 5 DR or loan players in the 17 players selected for any game but no overall limit on the number of players who are dual registered.

Unless there is a also a change to the loan rules I'm not convinced SL clubs will seek to get fringe 1st teamers game time via the loan system, I may be wrong but I'm fairly sure loans currently don't permit recall within the first month.

I based my understanding of 5 DR players plus loanees on an article in the RL Express (8th October2012) written by Tim Carson when he says, "Championship clubs partnered with Super League clubs will not, however,be prevented from recruiting players on loan from elsewhere at the top level".

I am reading that as an addition to the 5 DR players not included in the total of 5. It does need clarification and get all clubs on a level playing field but it just seems to be getting formulated on the hoof!!!

8233593500_cd4274bf87.jpg

Griff how do you know we don't want any DR players? Like old rover says I can only speak for myself I don't know if DP or the BOD would want to bring any in. I just presumed with us using all the salary cap up it wouldn't be possible unless we released someone. Also you say it's a choice not a rule I disagree so your saying if you sell your soul to the devil you get privileges if you don't you don't get any? Not much of a choice realy is it?

Griff how do you know we don't want any DR players? Like old rover says I can only speak for myself I don't know if DP or the BOD would want to bring any in. I just presumed with us using all the salary cap up it wouldn't be possible unless we released someone. Also you say it's a choice not a rule I disagree so your saying if you sell your soul to the devil you get privileges if you don't you don't get any? Not much of a choice realy is it?

If you start using emotive phrases like 'sell your soul to the devil' then you undermine your own argument straight away. Also, I am surprised you do not know what your coach and board of directors want as you seem to know what the RFL and SL (E) know, their motives and their intended outcomes.

If you start using emotive phrases like 'sell your soul to the devil' then you undermine your own argument straight away. Also, I am surprised you do not know what your coach and board of directors want as you seem to know what the RFL and SL (E) know, their motives and their intended outcomes.

The RFL don't care about our league or the league below if you think twinning is the way to go and it's best for your club then fair enough everyone is entitled to their opinion. But I for one would not watch featherstone rovers again if we became a feeder club like yourselves. I would rather be in CC1 fighting relegation than sign up to the twinning situation. I also acknowledge that not everyone will think the same way I do but I do believe the twinning situation is a slow and painfull death for the club you've always loved.

I think we should twin with Cas... they could do with some of our fringe players.

So the new rules are that you can only get dual reg players from your parent club? I dont see a problem in that case... were not twinned, we dont want to be twinned, nor do we want to use dual reg players... so were not missing out.

Standing alone will have its costs... this is a small cost really.

The RFL don't care about our league or the league below if you think twinning is the way to go and it's best for your club then fair enough everyone is entitled to their opinion. But I for one would not watch featherstone rovers again if we became a feeder club like yourselves. I would rather be in CC1 fighting relegation than sign up to the twinning situation. I also acknowledge that not everyone will think the same way I do but I do believe the twinning situation is a slow and painfull death for the club you've always loved.

Here, here.

TG - and oldrover for that matter - come on. This forum is full of anti-DR, anti-twinning, Fevwillalwaysbeindependent posts. :dry:

The reality is - if you really do want a DR player, twin up until he goes back, then end the agreement. What is the problem ? :huh: Twinning isn't necessarily forever.

But ..... loans are better. :happy:

So the new rules are that you can only get dual reg players from your parent club? I dont see a problem in that case... were not twinned, we dont want to be twinned, nor do we want to use dual reg players... so were not missing out..

The Voice of Common Sense. :happy: