Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

thundergaz

Twinning clubs

82 posts in this topic

That may well be the case, I don't have the knowledge to comment. I was simply pointing out that it seems, contrary to press reports at the time of his transfer and your earlier post, he will not be able to play for Batley on Dual Registration. If his only options are Saints 1st team or Batley on loan then that seems to have potentially negative ramifications for the player in terms 1st team opportunities at Saints and/or Batley in terms of his availability.

Whats all the fuss about?. Just stick in the top six and become the champions.

Whats all the fuss about?. Just stick in the top six and become the champions.

The season still starts in September ..... :)

That may well be the case, I don't have the knowledge to comment. I was simply pointing out that it seems, contrary to press reports at the time of his transfer and your earlier post, he will not be able to play for Batley on Dual Registration. If his only options are Saints 1st team or Batley on loan then that seems to have potentially negative ramifications for the player in terms 1st team opportunities at Saints and/or Batley in terms of his availability.

Personally, I see it as a good move for the kid. He's not quite there yet and another season at Batley (or, at least, a long run) will do him a lot of good before he's ready for Saints, hopefully, in 2014.

Just my opinion, obviously.

I just asked an innocent question about what's in it for Huddersfield, no need to go off on one. I hope it proves to be a fantastic success for Batley, one of my favourite clubs for the very reasons you state, well run by people who love the club.

Would not describe it as going off on one. Thought it was just a response. Why do people believe that clubs are giving up control of team selection? Is that the only option available to Championship clubs? Perhaps as we are all different, then perhaps we all have something different to offer clubs.

That's the difference. Season long - or even shorter - loans are fine but what's the use of a player who might be called back at a moment's notice ?

'Even shorter' would that be minimum then? 'Back' is a funny name for a player. Hope you are not tired and cold.

'Even shorter' would that be minimum then?

For me, the important thing is that the borrowing club knows when the loan will end. It may well be that they're happy with a month if the loan is to replace a player on the injured list.

If the rules are as suggested, only able to take dr from a club you're partneted with, Walmsley wont be available to you, will he?

DR deals signed and authorised by the RFL before a team has a partnership have to be upheld , its after you enter a partnership your not allowed to take new DR players , that was the rules when we took walmsley n fleming , before the RFL introduced more rules