Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Honor James

World Cup - General Discussion (Merged Threads)

1,686 posts in this topic

Ronnie the Rhino? He's been there years.

Though the original defected to the Bulls if I remember rightly.

Some small updates

• Category 1 Tickets for Tonga v Ireland at the Shay (Admittedly only the East Stand is open) are now sold out.
  • Large chunks of the main grandstand in Avignon have now been sold.
  • Less than 200 tickets left in the main stand at Rochdale for Ireland v Fiji

I think you mean Tonga v Italy, yes?

I want to buy tickets for the opening games at Cardiff but I need to know the kick off times.

When will they be announced?

id guess it'll be something like 5:30pm wales v italy & 7:45pm england v wales....give or take half a hour...gives the broadcasters time to clear all the football out the way first..

Still, at least England RU had the decency to leave the opening weekend and trample all over England's two other group games instead.

I reckon the england v australia game will be first.

Sod Union I doubt they will be worrying about league with their international sell out crowds all over the UK

Sod Union I doubt they will be worrying about league with their international sell out crowds all over the UK

Exactly, funny how their two international tournaments start on our opening SL weekend and World Cup.

id guess it'll be something like 5:30pm wales v italy & 7:45pm england v wales....give or take half a hour...gives the broadcasters time to clear all the football out the way first..

There is also the opening ceremony to take into account, depending on what the plans for that are. I will certainly make sure I get there early enough to see it.

I would be suprised if the games were evening kos in Cardiff, which would make it very difficult for the bulk of supporters who , lets be honest, are going to be from the North, to get to the games. I suspect we're looking at the opening games and ceremony being on the Beeb with the games kicking off at something like 2.30 and 4.30, and the final on Sky with an early evening ko.

Really should know ko times soon. Getting the train back from cardiff might be an issue if evening ko. I am guessing tv schedule will dictate

Ticket Sales for Limerick:

Bay 202: 5

Bay 203: 44

Bay 204: 308

Bay 205: 192

Bay 206: 282

Bay 207: 31

Bay 208: 10

Bay 210: 157 (Full)

Bay 211: 158 (Full)

Put sales at 1,187 + plus any General Admission sales into Eastern Terrace North + Eastern Terrace South.

Whilst not massive, these pre-sales still put Ireland on track for one of their biggest international crowds.

Ireland's Largest International Crowds:

2000 Rugby League World Cup:

vs Samoa - Belfast: 3,207

vs Maori - Belfast: 3,164

2011 European Cup:

vs France - Limerick: 3,100

vs Scotland - Dublin: 1,782

1998 International:

vs France - Dublin: 1,511

2010 European Cup:

vs Scotland - Dublin - 1,063

I would be suprised if the games were evening kos in Cardiff, which would make it very difficult for the bulk of supporters who , lets be honest, are going to be from the North, to get to the games. I suspect we're looking at the opening games and ceremony being on the Beeb with the games kicking off at something like 2.30 and 4.30, and the final on Sky with an early evening ko.

I think you will be surprised on the crowd and the supporters from the City, I think the England V Australia will be the first game

Not a bad start at Limerick. What is the ground's capacity?

Yakstorm: do you have any concise sales updates for the opening game, Wembley and/or other matches? Thanks

I think the England V Australia will be the first game

It is, as reported in RLWorld in the Bondi Beat section. They've swapped the games round to suit Australian TV, which to me suggests an afternoon kick off which would be late night in Aus.

Looks like the bottom tiers of the Eric Roberts Stand and Yale Stand are sold out for the Wales v USA Game, Looks like the St Davids Day celebrations with the trophy and the school tours are showing their worth.

where is this pic taken? what school etc? Looks great !

it was from the rlwc Facebook page so I don't know the details

Looks like the bottom tiers of the Eric Roberts Stand and Yale Stand are sold out for the Wales v USA Game, Looks like the St Davids Day celebrations with the trophy and the school tours are showing their worth.

Well, I'll be there with my wife waving her stars and stripes and me trying to be neutral. I was here at the last 4 nations for Wwales v Australia and it's a cracking little stadium, just big enough for Wales at this stage of their re emergence onto the RL world stage.

Am about to get 10 for Limerick, so there'll be a few fewer gaps.

Am about to get 10 for Limerick, so there'll be a few fewer gaps.

The Aussies might bring a few over. They usually have a few tour groups and many of them have heritage links to Ireland. I think anything above 5,000 for this fixture could be considered a success.