Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Honor James

World Cup - General Discussion (Merged Threads)

1,686 posts in this topic

Well, I've sent for my ticket for the final - not sure how I'll get back if it's an evening ko but it's the World Cup Final and I'VE GOT TO BE THERE!!!!

I have my final ticket but everything apart from Wembley and the game in Bristol for me is in doubt until we get an answer on Kick off times.

Of course I could just be waiting for the freebies, discounts and upgrades which have already secured my attendance at the final, SL grand final and CC final..

Regarding kick off times, I just hope there's some daytime goes on TV, don't like night games.

If the rumours are true, it's going to

be the BBC and Premier Sports broadcasting the World Cup. If it is them, I can't see many of the weekend games kicking off later than 3pm.

be the BBC and Premier Sports broadcasting the World Cup. If it is them, I can't see many of the weekend games kicking off later than 3pm.

Dunno about that - it's not unusual for the BBC to show early evening games now - probably pushed to BBC 2 though.

I would expect a key game at 2-3pm each weekend day, but I also expect an evening game there too.

I read somewhere that the England V Australia game is to be the first game at Cardiff as it suits Aussie TV better. If that's true, I suspect we'll see Australia's group games played early afternoon, but there's no reason why the other weekend games won't be spread out across the afternoon and evening slots.

Premier sports is a disappointing choice, an add on subscription channel only available on satellite not cable, but if sky and espn were not interested beggars can't be choosers.

Premier sports is a disappointing choice, an add on subscription channel only available on satellite not cable, but if sky and espn were not interested beggars can't be choosers.

Yes - I suppose these are just rumours and the fact that nothing has been announced suggest it's not locked down yet.

I think Sky are important for our game internationally - they have a large audience, even just in pubs, and BBC having core games with Sky having everything else would be the perfect solution for me.

I worry that we will end up with a small number of games being televised - the aim should be for every game live.

Premier Sports having the majority of World Cup matches would be disastrous. In fact I'd go as far as to say that it would ruin the tournament.

Would certainly exclude cable customers and those who can't afford an extra channel. If Sky are not going to be involved I would seriously worry that they may dump Super League in a similar fashion to their almost total withdrawal from the boxing market a few years back.

TV coverage is absolutely crucial … we can't have a repeat of 1995 when only the tiniest minority of games were televised in the UK !

Derby City sold their purchase of 50 tickets for the World Cup final inside a month and the players were not back until last Tuesday! We agreed at a meeting Tuesday evening to buy 50 more.

Looks like we will need two coaches to get there - all good news  B)

Are the teams who are hosting games selling tickets? Are Leeds, Warrington, St Helens, etc. working with their season ticket holders?

I'm just curious whether they are or not, rather than whether they should or shouldn't!

Are the teams who are hosting games selling tickets? Are Leeds, Warrington, St Helens, etc. working with their season ticket holders?

I'm just curious whether they are or not, rather than whether they should or shouldn't!

I can safely say that so far St Helens are doing sod all. 

But that would be nothing new!

I can safely say that so far St Helens are doing sod all. 

But that would be nothing new!

I suppose we should give them the benefit of the doubt at the moment.

I wouldn't be surprised if there was a strategy to get Magic out of the way, and then on the back of the Exiles game when the kick off times are announced for the WC games go with a big push by the RFL and all member clubs on the World Cup.

And why are we/the RFL even bothering with the magic week end when their every penny and second should be spent on the World Cup? (Unless the magic week end is somehow a money spinner for them I suppose...).

And why are we/the RFL even bothering with the magic week end when their every penny and second should be spent on the World Cup? (Unless the magic week end is somehow a money spinner for them I suppose...).

same reason why we are bothering with the normal games this year as well as the world cup. The majority of all spectators, funds and viewers will come through the club game this year.

Personally though, and I think I suggested this a while back, I would have rested Magic this year - we have enough 'events' to sell this year to last without it. I'd rather have had an international weekend for the Northern Hemisphere teams.

I wouldn't be surprised if there was a strategy to get Magic out of the way, and then on the back of the Exiles game when the kick off times are announced for the WC games go with a big push by the RFL and all member clubs on the World Cup.

Or maybe have a big sales push on RWC tickets at the Magic Weekend.

Or maybe have a big sales push on RWC tickets at the Magic Weekend.

Or lock the gates until each speccie proves they've bought a ticket for the WC!

Nothing from Leeds yet and they are not backward in sending stuff

Maybe they are waiting for kick off times ;-)

I wasn't thinking only of the club but of the Council.  St Helens Council has proven unsupportive of the world cup from the get-go.  It blamed 'the cuts' (which it continually bleets on about) as being the reason why it didn't even apply to hold a semi final or a training camp or anything like that.  The Council would only apply for one game.  I wouldn't be surprised if they blame 'THE CUTS' for not doing anything whatsoever to promote the world cup, even though it's Australia the town is supposed to be supporting (that is going to be a hard sell! I'm going to be Fijian for the day ...)

Mind you, when I once asked if the club was organising a coach to a Four Nations match, the club's response was 'it's nothing to do with us'.  So my hopes for Saints going all out to promote the world cup are pretty low.

Or lock the gates until each speccie proves they've bought a ticket for the WC!

"It's a bold strategy Cotton, lets see if it pays off for them"...

:D

"It's a bold strategy Cotton, lets see if it pays off for them"...

:D

Can't beat a bit of Dodgeball

5000_thumb_zpse14de54d.jpg

For the Avignon match v Kiwis now reached 5000 with 200 days before the kick off. Unchartered territory here.

Only a handful of VIP packs left too.

As always,Audois brings helpful,accurate,informative information.There should be an 'Audois' test,for any poster wishing to message on here.At least that would get rid of Canetman.

As always,Audois brings helpful,accurate,informative information.There should be an 'Audois' test,for any poster wishing to message on here.At least that would get rid of Canetman.

It may be that Audois has some inside info though!  I'd love to be able to say how many tickets Saints have sold for the Australia-Fiji game but getting any ticket information out of Saints is worse than trying to extract blood from stone.