Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Honor James

World Cup - General Discussion (Merged Threads)

1,686 posts in this topic

It may be that Audois has some inside info though!

No,no I'm only the messenger!

It's already out there.

A poster on a Man U forum gives a breakdown of the capacity at Old Trafford as follows:

North Stand: 25000 as follows -  lower, 4250; upper, 8000; 2nd. tier, 8250; 3rd. tier 5000.

East Stand: 11500 - lower, 1500 (includes diabled section); upper, 4000, 2nd. tier 6000.

West Stand: 12000 - lower, 2000; upper, 4000; 2nd. tier 6000.

South Stand: 11500 - lower, 2500; upper, 8500 (seems to be failure of arithmetic here, I've left it as is as I don't know which figure is right).

Lower corners, 1500 and the upper NE and NW quadrants are 4000 each.

There are also 1000 (!) executive boxes.

There are also 1000 (!) executive boxes.

Is that even possible? That's unbelievable!

Are we sure that isn't capacity for the boxes - 100 boxes x 10 people?

Just looking at Man City's ground for example they have 66 platinum boxes - they may have more normal boxes but it's hard to tell.

That's the figure quoted, although your explanation sounds more likely. Don't forget that I've copied it off a forum posting, and we all know how reliable they can be ;)

I have my tickets...everyone support the game..get yours when you can !

Noticed at the end of the Cup game on the BBC on Saturday, they were advertising the England v Australia opener at Cardiff for 2pm.

Steve McNamara and the World Cup just paid a visit to Chris Evans on the Radio 2 Breakfast Show.

As anybody got themselves a good travel and accomodation deal for Cardiff?

Got myself my England v Fiji tickets for KC. I am just mulling over whether to take the plunge and get final tickets in advance too.

Got mine for the wembley semis today....can't knock the prices at all

Kick off times for most of the games announced tomorrow then according to that interview.

Aye - 2.30pm for England v Australia in Cardiff

http://www.rlwc2013.com/rugby-league-world-news/article/967/semi-final-double-header-already-a

Some positive news about the Double Header... just 88,500 more tickets to sell...

Being serious though, after selling a significant number of tickets for the final, its great to see the RLWC rolling out the marketing plans for Wembley and Cardiff.

The afternoon kick off times are only going to help in terms of getting people to turn up.

Hmm.

So if England finish top, they play in Wrexham at 1pm on Saturday.

If England finish 2nd, they play in Wigan at 8pm on Saturday. That's a very strange kickoff time, I assume there is perhaps Rugby Union on then?

If the BBC have a game on at 8pm on Saturday, I'd expect they would relegate us to BBC2.

Other than that, they all seem pretty sensible.

Hmm.

If England finish 2nd, they play in Wigan at 8pm on Saturday. That's a very strange kickoff time, I assume there is perhaps Rugby Union on then?

If the BBC have a game on at 8pm on Saturday, I'd expect they would relegate us to BBC2.

The Beeb are showing all the Wales RU autumn internationals. Sat 16th November is Wales v Argentina, kick off 230 which will presumably be on BBC One.

Hmm.

If the BBC place us live at 8pm on BBC 1 I will personally eat my own ass.  

The Beeb are showing all the Wales RU autumn internationals. Sat 16th November is Wales v Argentina, kick off 230 which will presumably be on BBC One.

That explains that one then. So Wales' quarter final will kick off in Wrexham at 1.30pm and Wales RU will kick off in Cardiff at 2.30pm.

I do think there are a couple of errors in this if I'm honest.

Generally pretty solid though and can now allow me to sort out travel for the big events.

If the BBC place us live at 8pm on BBC 1 I will personally eat my own ass.  

yip - disappointing that we will be on BBC (I assume) for the whole tournament and then a key England game will be relegated to a graveyard shift.

yip - disappointing that we will be on BBC (I assume) for the whole tournament and then a key England game will be relegated to a graveyard shift.

I expect us to be playing at 13:00!

Tbh 8 O'clock on the BBC is a result even if it is BBC 2. We've never had a televised terrestrial game at that time in my recollection.

On a Saturday evening on terrestrial TV? 

Just how far is the number 2 button away from number 1 on your remote?