Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Honor James

World Cup - General Discussion (Merged Threads)

1,686 posts in this topic

I dont want to get negative on such a positive feed and its superb to see but ....My Uncle went to buy tickets today from Scotland for their world cup games, after one look he thought nope your ok and changed his mind, have to say I dont blame him, this is for a rugby league world cup game, really? this is what you see from the RLWC2013 website, view from your seat? Shocking

area.794.jpg

area.795.jpg

Maybe your uncle would like to go to some other games? Or was he just keen on Scotland?

and yes, the stadium does look a bit … underwhelming

Maybe your uncle would like to go to some other games? Or was he just keen on Scotland?

and yes, the stadium does look a bit … underwhelming

They have just spent £450K on Derwent Park so it is looking a lot better than most lower league grounds and with a 10,000 capacity as well.

The fences shown in the photos are actually in place for a speedway meeting – (they pay rent to Town to use the stadium) these fences are lowered for Rugby games so the view is normally pretty good.

Perhaps they should put photos on the ticket website without these fences etc

My Uncle was onyl really interested in watching Scotland but is going to the final :D

They have just spent £450K on Derwent Park so it is looking a lot better than most lower league grounds and with a 10,000 capacity as well.

The fences shown in the photos are actually in place for a speedway meeting – (they pay rent to Town to use the stadium) these fences are lowered for Rugby games so the view is normally pretty good.

I dont want to get negative on such a positive feed and its superb to see but ....My Uncle went to buy tickets today from Scotland for their world cup games, after one look he thought nope your ok and changed his mind, have to say I dont blame him, this is for a rugby league world cup game, really? this is what you see from the RLWC2013 website, view from your seat? Shocking

You wouldn't see that view from a seat. There are no seats where those pictures are taken from. The first is from the enclosure, a small terraced area at the foot of the grandstand. The second is from the banked open terracing at the town end of the ground.

Also, as somebody else has mentioned, those are safety fences for the speedway and they are removed on rugby game days. Plus the fact that they were obviously taken prior to any of the refurbishment work that's taken place as the grandstand is shown with the old seats in it.

Having trouble posting but.....

The RLWC website 'view from my seat' photos are totally inaccurate for 2 out of the 3 sections of tickets.

You wouldn't hire that photographer to sell your house, I realise the ground is not the KC or Langtree Park but I'm sure a better 'view' can be found.

Think the photographer must have been from Whitehaven!!

Perhaps they should put photos on the ticket website without these fences etc

My Uncle was onyl really interested in watching Scotland but is going to the final :D

Send him to the USA vs Scotland match at Salford. Could be one of the best matches of the tournament and a rare chance to see the USA on British soil.

Send him to the USA vs Scotland match at Salford. Could be one of the best matches of the tournament and a rare chance to see the USA on British soil.

This is one of the matches I'm hoping to see as I'd like to watch the American contingent (while being aware that some of them may have an Aussie twang to their accent!). 

I contacted the RLWC site through Facebook earlier today, to advise that the view from seat photos were inaccurate and were putting people off buying tickets for the 2 games at Workington.

I've had a reply tonight to say that now the work has been finished, they will send someone up to take better photos. This is about 3 months too late, and may have put many purchasers off already by the terrible photos.

I contacted the RLWC site through Facebook earlier today, to advise that the view from seat photos were inaccurate and were putting people off buying tickets for the 2 games at Workington.

I've had a reply tonight to say that now the work has been finished, they will send someone up to take better photos. This is about 3 months too late, and may have put many purchasers off already by the terrible photos.

Good on you for telling the RFL

I'll be attending this one, along with a recent RL convert originally from Glasgow. He is already overexcited as its the first time he'll see Scotland play RL. Should be a great game!

You can't buy two tickets together in the Cat 4 or Cat 5 seats for Cardiff anymore. Only L4, L5 and L14 available in the Cat 2 seats too. I might end up having to get tickets up in the top tier at this rate.

Geordie, I've just purchased category 2 tickets in L31. Even though the area isn't coloured in on the plan you can click the area and buy good seats near half way.

Just bought 2 for the final section e332 was told there selling well she couldn't tell me how many though, hopefully it will be a sell out!!

Just bought 2 for the final section e332 was told there selling well she couldn't tell me how many though, hopefully it will be a sell out!!

Blimey! Don't let the other Fev fans see this, you'll be run out of town.

Good on you very well done!

Get your tickets now everyone for Cardiff going to be a great weekend, Cant wait :dance:

Blimey! Don't let the other Fev fans see this, you'll be run out of town.

its a risk ill have to take lol, you can't beat the days out at big events I love the challenge cup finals and the 4N the other year was great but this one should top the lot.

I have tried booking 48 tickets of the £40 tickets for the Semi-Final double header and I was told they had sold out.

It bodes well for the tournament.

I have tried booking 48 tickets of the £40 tickets for the Semi-Final double header and I was told they had sold out.

It bodes well for the tournament.

If you need some tickets, St Albans have some for sale!

I can get you 48 behind the sticks!

Geordie, I've just purchased category 2 tickets in L31. Even though the area isn't coloured in on the plan you can click the area and buy good seats near half way.

Thanks. I had spotted that last week but would prefer to be the next tier up near halfway. Hoping when/if those are released, they aren't £99 a pop as I have a few friends interested in attending. I think I'll wait a bit until other areas are opened.

That said, just bought a ticket for USA vs Cook Islands in Bristol. I'll look forward to that!