Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Honor James

World Cup - General Discussion (Merged Threads)

1,686 posts in this topic

A reminder for anyone wanting discounted Final tickets, beanie hats or great Christmas presents, that you need to act straight away. The Early Bird Offer expires Sunday, after which date the hats disappear and the ticket prices increase by £5. As Dave T says, if you need to buy a gift for someone who is a sports fan, this is ideal. They do not necessarily have to be RL fans (in fact in some ways, it might be better if they are not!). Any genuine sports lover is likely to appreciate the chance to experience a top international event and cracking atmosphere at Old Trafford.

http://www.rlwc2013.com/tickets

You never know, you might in the process attract new fans and players; that is what happened to me. I bought a very reasonably priced Challenge Cup Final Ticket, mainly to experience a big occasion Wembley atmosphere and was instantly hooked by the speed and open nature of the game as well as the noise generated by the crowd.

I've bought tickets for 20 out of the 30 games including Cardiff, Wembley and Old Trafford.

I hope I get a hat.

any guesses as to when the actual kick off times will be known? I presume the second game of the Cardiff header will be an evening kick off but would love it not to be as I could get back home on the train afterwards

any guesses as to when the actual kick off times will be known? I presume the second game of the Cardiff header will be an evening kick off but would love it not to be as I could get back home on the train afterwards

Assume this is dependent on which broadcasters show which games.

If the BBC are to show the Eng v Aus game at Cardiff then I cant see it kicking off any later than 4pm as they wont eat into Saturday night scheduling. If its on Sky then it could kick off at any time up to 8pm!

My Rugby club's Chairman bought my tickets through the club so I'd better ask him for the tenner back and the 2 beanies when he receives them. :D

Don't know wether the early bird is worth it. Just forked out £100+ quid for the magic weekend and its just coming upto xmas, does anyone know the price of the final when its not an early bird offer?

I've bought tickets for 20 out of the 30 games including Cardiff, Wembley and Old Trafford.

I hope I get a hat.

What about the other 10?

Call yourself a fan?

Part-timer! ;-)

What about the other 10?

Call yourself a fan?

Part-timer! ;-)

Some of the others are difficult due to match times.

Perpignon-Huddersfield on the same day may be tricky. Same goes for Limerick-Hull

Assume this is dependent on which broadcasters show which games.

If the BBC are to show the Eng v Aus game at Cardiff then I cant see it kicking off any later than 4pm as they wont eat into Saturday night scheduling. If its on Sky then it could kick off at any time up to 8pm!

I think we'll find that the opening games will be 2 and 4 pm k.os, as I can't see having a game in Cardiff finishing mid to late evening being enormously popular with supporters, most of whom will be travelling on the day (having said that, this is the RFL we're dealing with here!). This would then probably make the final a Sky evening game.

Has anyone received their tickets or beanie hat yet?

I don't want to have to knit one for Grandma.

3 Beanies arrived this morning, handy xmas present for my boys

Some of the others are difficult due to match times.

Perpignon-Huddersfield on the same day may be tricky. Same goes for Limerick-Hull

You realise that he was being humourous, yes?

Just to bump this up.

5pm today is the deadline for the early bird offer (£5 off WC Final ticket, plus a free beanie hat).

Just bought mine after seeing on twitter that there are less than 1k early bird tickets left. This suggests that almost 10k have been sold in the last week or two.

Going by the figures going round. It looks like about 25,000 could have already been sold which I think is a great effort this far out. Anyone know any different?

Going by the figures going round. It looks like about 25,000 could have already been sold which I think is a great effort this far out. Anyone know any different?

I think the organisers released a press release that 50,000 had been sold in the first week (for all matches). I would hope that sales must be now be heading towards 100,000.

Personally I've not bought any yet because I'll be travelling with my amateur club on (hopefully) special deals for the club including transport or packages including replica shirts etc...when these deals are released I expect there to be another big boost to ticket sales.

I was specifically talking about the final. They said they send out 18,000 beanie hats last week where they also said there were 10,000 cheper tickets left. With now only 1,000 of these left as reported by twitter, over 25,000 should have been sold.

Personally I've not bought any yet because I'll be travelling with my amateur club on (hopefully) special deals for the club including transport or packages including replica shirts etc...when these deals are released I expect there to be another big boost to ticket sales.

I know of one with tickets for the final + one other match and 3 polo shirts (each) for £65

Bought 118 tickets, with 70 on the final! Popular me :-)

Surely you guys are not coming to the final from the MIDLANDS are you. Whatever next ? No seriously, it shows the geographical attraction of the game in this day and age. Have a great day out.

I think the organisers released a press release that 50,000 had been sold in the first week (for all matches). I would hope that sales must be now be heading towards 100,000.

Details have been released for about 4 months now mate, suggest you get your club man onto Ray Tennant to get all you need. Its an absolute no brainer for Community Clubs to use as a fundraiser and couldnt be easier to sort out.

Surely you guys are not coming to the final from the MIDLANDS are you. Whatever next ? No seriously, it shows the geographical attraction of the game in this day and age. Have a great day out.

I know, who'd've thought it.... you know every year thousands drive to Wembley and between Junction 30 and Junction 14 of the M1 they are never more than 20 minutes from a Community RL club!

The encouraging aspect for the tournament now is that after the first day sales and the successful early bird promotion the tournament has reached a nice base to build on over the next year.

Every game that has been on sale since the start (which is most of them) has moved an encouraging number of tickets which will make it easier to encourage additional sales simply for the fact people are now locked in to go.

It's great seeing at venues like Millenium, Old Trafford & Wembley that certain bays are now sold out, and even for games like England v Fiji, Fiji v Ireland, England v Ireland, Tonga v Italy certain bays are already full. Even the unknown entity that is Ireland v Australia in Limerick has moved over 1,000 seats.

We just need to the event to keep trickling through until the Super League season kick off where naturally it will get a lift once Rugby League is a core focus. Hopefully the RFL has their grass writers ready to put RLWC promos on every Super League & Championship ground this season just to keep getting the message out there to all the people who watch the sport, or catch highlights.