Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Honor James

World Cup - General Discussion (Merged Threads)

1,686 posts in this topic

what sort of view do u get with your 10 quid ticket?

Good enough!

Mine are at the end, first few rows

This is a great offer and I assume for today only - get them while you can - tickets at Wembley as low as £10 per person!!!

All tickets (at least all the ones I've tried it with) are half price using the promo code "100DAYS".

After a bit of digging around seems its valid till the 22nd.

Just had an email from visit England subject - RLWC 2013

http://maxemail.visitengland.com/rsps/wlnk/c/1940/r/177902/e/3567

Impressed that the marketing is getting to such areas.

Also this on their blog part of the site - pictures are a bit large and scary though...

http://visitenglandblog.com/rugby-league-world-cup-2013-coming-to-a-venue-near-you/

The problem I had was that I left my list of matches I was planning on going to at work, so I had to guess. Think I have a couple more to buy still

I still have a few more to buy too but aiming to go to:

1. Opening Ceremony Cardiff (to buy) - Organising a group of 16 pax

2. USA vs Cook Islands Bristol (bought)

3. England vs Ireland Huddersfield (bought) - Organising a group of 2 pax

4. Australia vs Fiji St Helens (to buy) - Organising a group of 2 pax

5. England vs Fiji Hull (bought) - Organising a group of 2 pax

6. Quarter Final Leeds (to buy) - solo

7. Quarter Final Wrexham (to buy) - Organising a group of 2 pax

8. Quarter Final Wigan (to buy) - Organising a group of 3 pax

9. Quarter Final Warrington (to buy) - solo

10. Big Hit Wembley (to buy) - Organising a group of 40 pax

11. Final Manchester (bought) - Organising a group of 2 pax

Personally I find it strange from my perspective that I went to approx. 10 Internatioanls of all sorts in my first 8 years of watching RL then I haven't been to one since 1993.

Personally I find it strange from my perspective that I went to approx. 10 Internatioanls of all sorts in my first 8 years of watching RL then I haven't been to one since 1993.

Part-time fan.

Come to the WC then!

Trying to buy a couple for the final and it won't let me buy 2 together. Which indicates it is either practically full or there is something wrong. I can't spare any more time arsing about, it is boiling and I have work soon.

what sort of view do u get with your 10 quid ticket?

all views at the millenuim are cracking, no obstructed views anywhere. I'm in upper tier the first section of the west stand

Trying to buy a couple for the final and it won't let me buy 2 together. Which indicates it is either practically full or there is something wrong. I can't spare any more time arsing about, it is boiling and I have work soon.

Try the 'best available' tab on the overview page; much easier than trawling though each section of the ground to find a seat.

Just tried it myself and it works Cat 3 and 4 ticket areas, but not 5 and 6.

Try the 'best available' tab on the overview page; much easier than trawling though each section of the ground to find a seat.

Just tried it myself and it works Cat 3 and 4 ticket areas, but not 5 and 6.

Thanks but although it works, it won't show me that seats (ie view from your seat)

I'm not that fussy but would like an idea where I am sat.

nb I used this option for the 4N Final in 2011 and got front row ones behind the post, the ones where you are almost at eye level with the pitch. Not that bad for me but got some real grief from my smaller mate who was bobbing up and down all game like a meerkat.

Does anyone have an Idea when tickets will be sent out?

Isn't it normally a couple of weeks before the game.

Does anyone have an Idea when tickets will be sent out?

I called the ticket office today on that very subject and was told the end of August. Apparently ticketmaster are in charge of sending out the tickets not the RFL.

The ticket office was very helpful though and are going to contact the ticketmaster people to get my tickets sent out earlier as i have some delivery issues and if they don't get to me before i leave my location i might miss them like ships in the night so to speak.

Ahh, thanks for that mate! well I fly out of Aus mid August, May have to change them to my UK address, So far bought tickets for both double headers, Aus v Ire and the Final, Can not wait!

I booked my tickets through a guy at the RFL. VERY helpful indeed .Chris Burns..sure he won't mind me mentioning his name. Was  told that if I didn't get my tickets by end August, to call him back. 

The RFL are usually very helpful when you ring up and speak to speak to someone direct.

I do this, especially for the Challenge Cup final where I'm usually organising a group of 6 - 12, and discuss various seating options in different sections.

The RFL are usually very helpful when you ring up and speak to speak to someone direct.

I do this, especially for the Challenge Cup final where I'm usually organising a group of 6 - 12, and discuss various seating options in different sections.

I can second this, nearly always ring up rather than book online and have always found whoever was on the line to be very helpful. This has been especially so when taking big groups where the will give you options such as seating across 2 or 3 rows rather than all in a line or booking family tickets with extra accompanying adults, which I have never managed to work out online.

Ring them up

I booked my tickets through a guy at the RFL. VERY helpful indeed .Chris Burns..sure he won't mind me mentioning his name. Was  told that if I didn't get my tickets by end August, to call him back. 

I spoke to him when I needed to bump up my number of tickets for the final from 2 to 12. Turns out I used to work with him at my previous job!

Had an email from South Wales Scorpions this morning saying that ticket sales are positive and theyrehoping to sell out...

"The Family Stand for this game has officially sold out from RLWC headquarters and just a few remain from the Neath offices. Tickets are going quickly in other stands to. The game is heading for a sell out"

The RLWC is being co-hosted by Wales and England, yet there are 2 games in France and 1 in Ireland. I am all for those games in these countries but should 1 of the Scotland games in Workington have taken place in Scotland (scotstoun or Firhill)? For this reason plus i don't beleive 1 venue should hold more than 1 group game, which also means that 1 of the Craven games (i beleive) should have been held at the Keepmoat

The RLWC is being co-hosted by Wales and England, yet there are 2 games in France and 1 in Ireland. I am all for those games in these countries but should 1 of the Scotland games in Workington have taken place in Scotland (scotstoun or Firhill)? For this reason plus i don't beleive 1 venue should hold more than 1 group game, which also means that 1 of the Craven games (i beleive) should have been held at the Keepmoat

There was a bidding process for venues. The ones that got the games were the best bids. Seems sensible to me.