Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Honor James

World Cup - General Discussion (Merged Threads)

1,686 posts in this topic

Printed the Brent council magazine this morning, for local residents. Adverts for an U12 football tournament at Wembley and competitions for badminton and other things going on in the area.

Not sure if this was a bit of an opportunity to promote the game at Wembley or would be too specific and they are just concentrating on London in general.

As a birthday present I was surprised with a trip to the Wembley Double Header which I didn;t think I could afford. Happy days!  :yahoo:

10 tickets bought for Eng vs Ireland to add to the 50 for Eng vs Fiji!

Heard that about 70% of final tickets have gone, although still hearing the 11k figures for Cardiff.

Think the RFL are doing a great job thus far.

Printed the Brent council magazine this morning, for local residents. Adverts for an U12 football tournament at Wembley and competitions for badminton and other things going on in the area.

Not sure if this was a bit of an opportunity to promote the game at Wembley or would be too specific and they are just concentrating on London in general.

Contact the RLWC 2013 team and let them know. I have done that for the military newspapers and magazines. They are more than willing to push in new places they aren't aware of. They are also sending me some posters to out up around Northwest London and West Norfolk.

Contact the RLWC 2013 team and let them know. I have done that for the military newspapers and magazines. They are more than willing to push in new places they aren't aware of. They are also sending me some posters to out up around Northwest London and West Norfolk.

Next issue may be too late to include competitions but I will try and drop them a line. Even if it is just giving away a handful of tickets it might raise more awareness in the immediate area of Wembley.

Any one doing hospitstailty. In corporate world they are very cheap. Final top ticket is 279 pop. I bet you could do deal as well. 10 customers for less then 3k is a good price.

Millennium seats not for sale. Must be about 25% greyed out, why?

At a guess not in camera sight lines?

Does anyone have any idea if and when the north stand at Craven Park, Hull, will be open for WC ticket sales?

People ask how they can spread or assist the RLWC2013 word? Click on articles like this

http://www.bristol-culture.com/2013/08/06/rugby-league-world-cup-trophy-in-bristol/

Also, fb friend the official page and share it, comment on stories etc

https://www.facebook.com/rugbyleagueworldcup

Everything help :)

We've been trying to do our bit to promote the Bristol game, and of course the trophy visit last week. Went down to Broadmead on Wednesday - loads of people around, though most seemed to have no idea the trophy was on display as it's hidden inside a trailer with no windows. Having people dressed as the mascots, Wallace & Gromit etc did help though. I couldn't make it up to the Balloon Fiesta, but a load of Sonics players went in kit on Saturday and did some promo before heading back to our game against Nottingham at Clifton (where we apparently played as if we were still up at Ashton Court).

Lots more promo needed between now and October. On the plus side, when I mention it to friends who aren't massive sports fans they tend to say "a World Cup game in Bristol? I'll have to go and see that!" which is at least positive. Need to make sure they buy tickets though.

Millennium seats not for sale. Must be about 25% greyed out, why?

Out of 126 bays, only 19 aren't on sale yet to the general public as they are selling the other areas first. (The other 8 greyed out areas will be for sponsors etc).

The Upper South Stand Cat 6 tickets are selling really well so I'd expect the Upper North Stand to be opened at some point. I can't imagine they'll open up the Upper West Stand as at £50 a pop, they'll struggle to sell all those tickets in the Upper East Stand. But about 58,000 tickets are currently on sale for the opener. If we can sell that figure plus a few more in the Upper North Stand, it will be a mega achievement and cracking crowd for the opener.

It looks more and more that he is  OUT of RLWC 2013.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/marshall-completes-blues-switch-and-will-skip-league-world-cup-20130809-2rndd.html

A shame - but it must be said his form has been pretty poor all year …

His mind's halfway out of the door already. Kieran Foran and Shaun Johnson, your time has come!

National Rail website indicates there are no trains between Bristol Parkway and Cardiff Central over the weekend

of 26/27 October.

Thats handy then,particularly as intending to stay in Bristol.

National Rail website indicates there are no trains between Bristol Parkway and Cardiff Central over the weekend

of 26/27 October.

Thats handy then,particularly as intending to stay in Bristol.

we were looking at Bristol but fortunately found a hotel near Cardiff. I know Dave T was toying with the Bristol option.

Thanks for the heads up guys, glad I hadn't booked Bristol yet!

Thanks for the heads up guys, glad I hadn't booked Bristol yet!

There is still a bus running from Bristol Parkway to Newport.

There is still a bus running from Bristol Parkway to Newport.

Yeah, bot really feeling a 90-100 minute transfer now, one of the appealing things was the 40m train ride.

No problem, Greyhound bus runs between Bristol and Cardiff, stops just by Millenium stadium. Just as fast as train, booking site is on internet with timetable. I use this service regularly with no problems

Nah, it's longer and pretty much the same price.

When I originally looked the train was 38-50mins for around £12 return.

The coach is 80-100mins and £12 return. It also goes to the airport rather than city, not sure if there is a stop in town though.

Nah, it's longer and pretty much the same price.

When I originally looked the train was 38-50mins for around £12 return.

The coach is 80-100mins and £12 return. It also goes to the airport rather than city, not sure if there is a stop in town though.

The coach is roughly an hour from Bristol bus station.

The coach is roughly an hour from Bristol bus station.

thanks - just going off the greyhound site but im keeping my options open atm.

Try the Premier Inn in Cwmbran Dave. £39 room only. Half an hour away on train, £8 return.

Does anyone know if their clubs are running coaches to the Cardiff and Wembley double headers? In hard financial times, this would be a great idea for fans who are unable to afford overnight stops. I have emailed Saints and hope to get a response soon.