Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Honor James

World Cup - General Discussion (Merged Threads)

1,686 posts in this topic

Try the Premier Inn in Cwmbran Dave. £39 room only. Half an hour away on train, £8 return.

Thanks mate, still on my list, I'm now toying with the idea of a little cottage or something and just driving to the match, thinking of doing it sober and enjoying the event without drinking at all! First time for everything!

Thanks mate, still on my list, I'm now toying with the idea of a little cottage or something and just driving to the match, thinking of doing it sober and enjoying the event without drinking at all! First time for everything!

Good luck with that one.

Good luck with that one.

TBH I'm genuinely looking forward to watching all 80 minutes of both matches, plus the opening ceremony and build up, and I often find that I end up missing a fair bit queuing for beers and the toilet! I'm looking to go with my fiance and family and actually enjoy the event.

Of course I reserve the right to change my mind at any date from now to then :biggrin:

National Rail website indicates there are no trains between Bristol Parkway and Cardiff Central over the weekend

of 26/27 October.

Thats handy then,particularly as intending to stay in Bristol.

Thanks for the heads up guys, glad I hadn't booked Bristol yet!

Bristol Parkway isn't in Bristol.

You want to go from Cardiff to Bristol Temple Meads.

Checked at training last night and Derby City have now sold 70 tickets for the final.

Woo hoo need to book a second coach! Really looking forward to it now.

The north stand isn't showing on the RLWC website yet.

Whilst it isn't displaying on the map, if you pick 'Best Available' you can buy Cat 2 tickets in the section titled 'North Stand New' for both Hull Craven Park matches.

2,381 seats now sold for the Limerick game + however many GA tickets. Starting to get a nice build up at the venue, at least the middle bays will look pretty full at the venue on TV.

Whilst it isn't displaying on the map, if you pick 'Best Available' you can buy Cat 2 tickets in the section titled 'North Stand New' for both Hull Craven Park matches.

2,381 seats now sold for the Limerick game + however many GA tickets. Starting to get a nice build up at the venue, at least the middle bays will look pretty full at the venue on TV.

Cheers Yak. Just tickets for the two games at Craven Park and the final to buy and that's me done.

Just booked the train tickets from:

Wakefield to Workington to watch Tonga v Scotland

Workington to Bristol to watch USA v Cook Islands

Bristol to Avignon to watch New Zealand v France

Memorial Ground will be a new one to me, although I've seen both the USA & Cook Islands in the flesh before.

You were lucky SWS, the train companies today have just announced that there will be no trains on Sunday 3rd Nov, the day of Scotland v Italy.

Now, whilst there aren't a plethora of trains on the line on a Sunday, the station is next door to the ground, so is very convenient. Anyone planning to arrive by train needs to allow extra time to get to the Sunday game. Buses will replace the trains.

Having to miss that one, as we're going to Wrexham that day. One of the few days when it's not possible to get to both fixtures.

Just booked the train tickets from:

Wakefield to Workington to watch Tonga v Scotland

Workington to Bristol to watch USA v Cook Islands

Bristol to Avignon to watch New Zealand v France

Memorial Ground will be a new one to me, although I've seen both the USA & Cook Islands in the flesh before.

Plan to be at the USA V CI game myself and have contacted the Bristol Sonics club to hopefully meet up with some local lads to catch the game. Can keep you in the loop if interested ?

You were lucky SWS, the train companies today have just announced that there will be no trains on Sunday 3rd Nov, the day of Scotland v Italy.

Now, whilst there aren't a plethora of trains on the line on a Sunday, the station is next door to the ground, so is very convenient. Anyone planning to arrive by train needs to allow extra time to get to the Sunday game. Buses will replace the trains.

Thanks for the tip.  

Plan to be at the USA V CI game myself and have contacted the Bristol Sonics club to hopefully meet up with some local lads to catch the game. Can keep you in the loop if interested ?

Yes please. Be good to meet up with a few local RL fans at some of these games.

Northern Rail run this line and are refusing to move the Engineering works.

Workington councillors are trying to meet with the various strands of the train operating companies next week.

There is no mention of this work and alternative arrangements on the Northern Rail website as yet.

Was intending to go and see PNG v Samoa but with an 8 o'clock kick off and the last train out of Paragon station at 10.20 it's too fine for me. I may have to give this one a miss. Don't the organisers take public transport users into consideration when they set kick off times?

Was intending to go and see PNG v Samoa but with an 8 o'clock kick off and the last train out of Paragon station at 10.20 it's too fine for me. I may have to give this one a miss. Don't the organisers take public transport users into consideration when they set kick off times?

I guess the organisers can only go so far to accommodate people. I remember being frustrated when I was younger and watched soccer. It often meant I couldn't go to away games mid-week, as I couldn't get home, as the last train would have gone.

Ticket for Cardiff's just dropped through my letterbox, together with a very handy little booklet about the various grounds, I have to admit that I'm quite impressed with the RLWC ticketing people.

I guess the organisers can only go so far to accommodate people. I remember being frustrated when I was younger and watched soccer. It often meant I couldn't go to away games mid-week, as I couldn't get home, as the last train would have gone.

But there are plenty of people who would go to Hull on train. There are only so many car parking spots at CP. Even a 7.45 kick off would have been better. I've also just realised that the game the day after Cardiff is at CP too with a four o'clock kick off. There's no way I'll be rushing back from Cardiff for that one and it's one of the games I was looking forward too. Luckily I realised before I bought my tickets.

But there are plenty of people who would go to Hull on train. There are only so many car parking spots at CP. Even a 7.45 kick off would have been better. I've also just realised that the game the day after Cardiff is at CP too with a four o'clock kick off. There's no way I'll be rushing back from Cardiff for that one and it's one of the games I was looking forward too. Luckily I realised before I bought my tickets.

We're driving back from Cardiff straight after the game to get back Saturday night, so it's not so far on the Sunday to get to Craven Park. Would have been good to spend Saturday night in Cardiff, but we're there on the Friday, so we'll have to make do with that instead.

Dare I ask: any movement on the ticket sales front?

And any sign of Sally Bolton's quoted  "big push" on ticket sales?!

They're probably waiting for a few weeks until all the hype around the start of the soccer season dies down as the media realise that it's all going to be between the usual suspects (like another sport we could name!).

There is the event in Trafalgar Square next Friday to tie in with the Challenge Cup Final.