Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Honor James

World Cup - General Discussion (Merged Threads)

1,686 posts in this topic

Also £100 tivketd , really and that many I worry I really do.

Pardon?

They're probably waiting for a few weeks until all the hype around the start of the soccer season dies down

That'll be next May then.

Got my opener tickets in the mail today! Can not wait!

and a handy little booklet :D

Received our tickets for the Opening Ceremony. Bring it on. The Welsh National Anthem will  stir the spirits whilst 'God Save The Queen' will not. Come On Wales.

and a handy little booklet :D

Will we get that booklet every time we receive match tickets?

The Welsh National Anthem will  stir the spirits whilst 'God Save The Queen' will not.

Yep.

Will we get that booklet every time we receive match tickets?

probably - i ordered two lots of tickets to the opener and got them sent seperately (not sure why) with two booklets.

You'd think they'd be able to filter out the addresses that they've already sent the booklets out to.

You'd think they'd be able to filter out the addresses that they've already sent the booklets out to.

Yup, its a joke and a farce and an outrage.

Yup, its a joke and a farce and an outrage.

I never said anything of the kind Gav. Give up on the false outrage mate, it's boring and you and several others do it far too often.

I never said anything of the kind Gav. Give up on the false outrage mate, it's boring and you and several others do it far too often.

I'm joking mate, its almost become a parody of itself these days! 

I'm joking mate, its almost become a parody of itself these days!

Fair enough but the fake outrage is wearing a bit thin.

One of the Big Problems with World Cup ticket sales is this : Rugby League becoming a discounted ball game

Now I know which games I am going to the England Group games, the "two stadium" double header Quarter Finals on the Saturday, the Semi-Finals and Final. But I have not bought for all matches yet, for the tickets I have already got are discounted (i.e. the 100 days offer for the Wembley Semi's)

What I have been doing - and I suspect I am not alone in this, is waiting for the discount code to come up. Cardiff sales are none to flash so I suppose that's next.

The problem is of course you are selling discounted tickets to people who would be going anyway.

This creates a difficulty for the organisers as a culture has developed within the game's supporters that if you hang on long enough you get a discounted deal. By comparison international games in Cricket, Union and Soccer do not have thius problem even though the ticket price for a day is way above that of a RLWC ticket.

Something to bear in mind when it comes to RLWC ticket threads.

In a way, that might be irrelevant if other less committed people follow suit.

ie the people who might not go but hear about reasonable sales and get on board.

In a way, that might be irrelevant if other less committed people follow suit. ie the people who might not go but hear about reasonable sales and get on board.

I've just bought 17 tickets for Wembley and 18 for Cardiff for people from work. I also have another 7 people interested and just waiting them to pay me before buying tickets flor those games. I've also organised a group of 43 from Kings Lynn to go to Wembley for the semis. All are either less committed or non-RL fans. They all think tickets are cheap at the discounted rate but probably wouldn't have gone at the normal rate. To me, it is more important to develop the interest in the big RL events by attracting people than cost of tickets at the current rate. If they enjoy it, they'll come back to big events such as England internationals and Wembley games.

I've just bought 17 tickets for Wembley and 18 for Cardiff for people from work. I also have another 7 people interested and just waiting them to pay me before buying tickets flor those games. I've also organised a group of 43 from Kings Lynn to go to Wembley for the semis. All are either less committed or non-RL fans. They all think tickets are cheap at the discounted rate but probably wouldn't have gone at the normal rate. To me, it is more important to develop the interest in the big RL events by attracting people than cost of tickets at the current rate. If they enjoy it, they'll come back to big events such as England internationals and Wembley games.

Spot on.

I genuinely don't criticise the RFL for much, but pricing is one of the areas I have criticised them. The inconsistency around their pricing structure for events is baffling.

Magic Weekend for example was a strange one, making it more expensive for non-fans of the game (ie non-season ticket holders) - to me that is quite insular and hardly shouts 'come and be a part of it' to potential new fans.

Using these codes on distribution lists that wouldn't normally be targeted could make a difference as people are prepared to give something a try for £20, especially if that ticket is actually worth £40.

We need to find a way of making our big games events. Ones where lots of people go. Once you've done that, then you can increase the prices. We all know that for any RL event, you can rock up on the day and get in. Hopefully the World Cup can start to change that, so people get in earlier and the RFL can start charging the going rate for our top matches.

But there are plenty of people who would go to Hull on train. There are only so many car parking spots at CP. Even a 7.45 kick off would have been better. I've also just realised that the game the day after Cardiff is at CP too with a four o'clock kick off. There's no way I'll be rushing back from Cardiff for that one and it's one of the games I was looking forward too. Luckily I realised before I bought my tickets.

I'm stopping off in Birmingham on the Saturday night on the way to Hull. I've got space in the car, too

12 x tickets for U10 front row arrived in the post today. Uber happy! :D

Still not had my Challenge Cup Final ticket yet though...

There's a World Cup promotion in Trafalgar Square from 10:00 to 16:00 the day before the Challenge Cup Final, maybe that's the start of the big push