Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Honor James

World Cup - General Discussion (Merged Threads)

1,686 posts in this topic

Does that mean BOTH opening games on are ob BBC free-to-air across the UK (albeit on different channels)?

If so, that's not bad to start the tournament ...

It could have been better Jim. It now means I'll have to shout our lass in from the kitchen to change channels for me. At least she'll be able to bring me another beer as she's passing the fridge. Every cloud and all that.

Does that mean BOTH opening games on are ob BBC free-to-air across the UK (albeit on different channels)?

If so, that's not bad to start the tournament ...

Yes - hopefully the BBC will announce another couple of games at least, would be nice if they covered the Wales games at least, and maybe Scotland and Ireland.

Tickets and hotel sorted for England v Ireland at Huddersfield. Get in there.

Doesn't look like you can buy any more Cat 5 tickets at Cardiff (£30) or Wembley (£20) presently. I hope they start selling more these at both stadiums as they seem to be proving popular.

Only 1 x section left available in £10 tickets for Huddersfield as well...

Train tickets & hotel booked for France v Samoa in Perpignan. Should be great atmosphere for the games in France as tickets seem to have gone well.

Interesting bit (in bold) from the Salford Red Devils press release:

"Everyone who buys a Season Ticket before October 19th will be able to buy a ticket for the England v Italy, England Knights v Samoa and RLWC2013 game between Scotland and USA for a combined price of only £10. Three international matches for £10!"

That's another warm up game confirmed.

Interesting bit (in bold) from the Salford Red Devils press release:

"Everyone who buys a Season Ticket before October 19th will be able to buy a ticket for the England v Italy, England Knights v Samoa and RLWC2013 game between Scotland and USA for a combined price of only £10. Three international matches for £10!"

That's another warm up game confirmed.

Very interesting. Good to see clubs linking in with the international game. Also something for the players in the Knights squad to aim for.

Can't buy tickets at the moment... website (tickets page) is down.

Still working for me... computer issues?

South Sydney have scored 20% of their tries off the back of a George Burgess play the ball http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/points-of-impact-when-george-burgess-runs-tries-follow-20130903-2t3cm.html

And Gareth Widdop is making his playing comeback this weekend http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/widdop-aims-at-storm-finals-20130903-2t2va.html

Both great news for England

we need to select all 4 burgess lads without question.....and have juile as offical cheerleader..

we need to select all 4 burgess lads without question.....and have juile as offical cheerleader..

Considering she gave birth to those four, two of them at one sitting, she looks fantastic.

I hope Mrs keighley doesn't read this forum.

This is only a light hearted comment so don't get too upset but Mrs. Keighley has no problems with me seeing a good looking woman and appreciating her appearance. I am male after all. It's straying and cheating which would upset her and in 40 years i have never done that.

Considering she gave birth to those four, two of them at one sitting, she looks fantastic.

I thought that , too !

Great to see someone so happy and healthy …  

Sam are George are automatic choices. Not too sure about Tom and Luke, I think there are better options in the front row.

Sean O'Loughlin might be out injured....which could open the door for tom?

Be a shame for O'Loughlin but fortunately the back row is one of the areas where we've got some strength.

Is it me or does O'Loughlin always seem to be injured when the big international games come around?

Is it me or does O'Loughlin always seem to be injured when the big international games come around?

I thought the same. Missed 2008, 2009 & 2011 series through injury, but made it in 2010 & 2012.

Back on to the organisation of the tournament, things have really slowed down on the announcements on partners etc.

So far we don't have a single sponsor who is not a supplier or government partner. This is a worry, not a single company so far has publicly committed to our World Cup - not even any of our current game sponsors on either side of the world.

With 7 weeks to go I'd have expected announcements a good while ago.

Weren't there rumours of sponsors being interested but being delayed due to lack of tv deals.

On that front, where are all the TV deals for France, Europe, Middle East, Africa, USA etc?

You may be slightly surprised with what actually turns up.

RLWC2013 @RLWC2013 10h

11.50am: Facebook fan Maggie Hilton has won a pair of Scotland playing shorts!

Enjoyed the competition, lots of great comments expressing excitement about the World Cup.