Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Honor James

World Cup - General Discussion (Merged Threads)

1,686 posts in this topic

I can see what the website says Dave, but 5,000 didn't turn up?

The 5,000 less can't be Club Wembley either as there is no way it was 3/4 full, nearer to 3/4 empty unfortunately.

Maybe we sell a lot of corporate tickets to the final, that then remain unused.

I know my company was offering 2 tickets for the 2012 final on a highest bid basis that didn't get taken up. Mind you they only offered them on the Friday afternoon.

when tickets are a tenner a pop then plenty don't turn up. Me for one.

the RFL only have something like 73,500 tickets to sell for the challenge cup final....more often that not we do sell all our allocation..

I can see what the website says Dave, but 5,000 didn't turn up?

The 5,000 less can't be Club Wembley either as there is no way it was 3/4 full, nearer to 3/4 empty unfortunately.

Maybe we sell a lot of corporate tickets to the final, that then remain unused.

I know my company was offering 2 tickets for the 2012 final on a highest bid basis that didn't get taken up. Mind you they only offered them on the Friday afternoon.

This You Tube clip from 2010 (with the kit clash) 1 min 20 secs in is enough to see that the section of Club Wembley in the shot wasn't even 25% full, nearer 15%. Everyone should have been in their seats by then. Also a shot 4min 57 secs in.

Though admittedly the longer camera shot angles do make Club Wembley look fuller than the nearer ones that I'm quoting above.

I was in the Warrington end that year, 1st row top tier in the corner, and even that wasn't 100% full. People do not turn up though.

Oh my god are we still having this daft arguement about club wembley? Seriously?

It's not daft to discuss if they are on sale or not for the biggest sporting event this year.

This You Tube clip from 2010 (with the kit clash) 1 min 20 secs in is enough to see that the section of Club Wembley in the shot wasn't even 25% full, nearer 15%. Everyone should have been in their seats by then. Also a shot 4min 57 secs in.

Though admittedly the longer camera shot angles do make Club Wembley look fuller than the nearer ones that I'm quoting above.

I was in the Warrington end that year, 1st row top tier in the corner, and even that wasn't 100% full. People do not turn up though.

have a look at 2m - the camera pans round from pitch level. There are very few gaps - although a pitch level view isnt great for seeing gaps. Either way the angle doesnt hide 13k empty seats.

when tickets are a tenner a pop then plenty don't turn up. Me for one.

Very true. I felt ill on the day so there were two empty seats. At that price it's no big deal.

The major difference for me between 2000 and 2013 is represented by the responses to this thread. Grass roots rugby league is now played at a healthy level all over the UK and Ireland. It is up to us to buy the tickets and with the support of the correct sponsers and champions (like Sir Bradley Wiggins) show everyone how superior our game truly is!

have a look at 2m - the camera pans round from pitch level. There are very few gaps - although a pitch level view isnt great for seeing gaps. Either way the angle doesnt hide 13k empty seats.

Your right the shot at 2mins looks totally different from the part of the clip from 1m20 to 1m30 of Club Wembley under the scoreboard. I'd take the latter as being more representative as its a close-up so you can see the detail. Even the lower tier has red seats empty.

My group has even discussed just watching the game on tv in a pub when a few pre match ales have taken hold, even when we've spent £30 on tickets, 2 nights hotel, fuel etc. Luckily its never come to fruition. I'd go on my own and leave them in the pub. :rolleyes:

It's not daft to discuss if they are on sale or not for the biggest sporting event this year.

i wasn't referring to that but the daft " all club wembley seats are counted fact, no they are not fact" roundabout

i wasn't referring to that but the daft " all club wembley seats are counted fact, no they are not fact" roundabout

Apologies! Should have spotted my point was hijacked. :-)

Not sure if the delay to the announcements of TV deals is good news or bad news. It may be that more companies have recently come into the reckoning (BT Sport) or it maybe that noone wants them. Anyone know anything???

OK, back on topic: any more RLWC ticket sales updates?

Just bought 6 Cat 2 tickets for the double header at Wembley and there was a fair choice of seating, so the lower tier is definately not sold out.

Not sure if the delay to the announcements of TV deals is good news or bad news. It may be that more companies have recently come into the reckoning (BT Sport) or it maybe that noone wants them. Anyone know anything???

AFAIK the BBC are said to be covering the tournament though it is disturbingly absent from SKY RL promotion reels.

Kick off times matter, if like me you live in the other end of the Country, then kick off times are important meaning the difference between an overnight stay or a day trip. Equally fans from Humberside might make their decision to attend subject to kick off times in Lancashire / Cheshire and vice versa.

Alternatively, we could could all be waiting for discounted ticket offers......

AFAIK the BBC are said to be covering the tournament though it is disturbingly absent from SKY RL promotion reels.

Kick off times matter, if like me you live in the other end of the Country, then kick off times are important meaning the difference between an overnight stay or a day trip. Equally fans from Humberside might make their decision to attend subject to kick off times in Lancashire / Cheshire and vice versa.

Alternatively, we could could all be waiting for discounted ticket offers......

no broadcaster has been officially confirmed, so no broadcaster will be advertising it on any of their promos. I wouldnt read anything into the fact Sky are not advertising it.

no broadcaster has been officially confirmed, so no broadcaster will be advertising it on any of their promos. I wouldnt read anything into the fact Sky are not advertising it.

personally I'd be happy to have it split between sky/bbc so that both will promote it when broadcasting their part of the club game.

Encouraging to see the top tier at Millennium Stadium has now been opened up. Being honest, the games that have to get good crowds for the 'general public' to view our tournament as being a success are, the opener, all England's pool games, the Australia v Ireland match in Limerick, the Wembley double header and the final.

The positive thing is, Wembley, Millennium and Old Trafford all seem to be selling strongly this far out.

Ok got all mine now bar the french games. Suppose kick off times could come in handy now ~!!

I haven't looked too hard but are the tickets easily available for the Limerick game?

I haven't looked too hard but are the tickets easily available for the Limerick game?

yes - reasonably priced and decent ticket site through ticketmaster.

Encouraging to see the top tier at Millennium Stadium has now been opened up. Being honest, the games that have to get good crowds for the 'general public' to view our tournament as being a success are, the opener, all England's pool games, the Australia v Ireland match in Limerick, the Wembley double header and the final.

The positive thing is, Wembley, Millennium and Old Trafford all seem to be selling strongly this far out.

coolio. The top tier in the millennium is the bees knees, perfect view

Fantastic to see extra tiers opening at the opening ceremony and final, I think the final especially if England get there will be a sell out.

Keep the momentum going :)